New old house

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#166 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 02 July 2003 - 06:00 AM

I believe with my mini-cassette tapes that my cam uses, the most time I get is long play which I believe to be 6 hours max. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#167 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 02 July 2003 - 06:14 AM

[glow=red,2,300]KRC[/glow]

Sounds like a plan! I am interested in seeing what you get.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#168 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:32 AM

Ohhorror, those are excellent suggestions, I'm e-bay and online buying ignorant, so bare with me, but how long does delivery take from a website??

KRC*I was doing that to throw her off guard*I'd also be very curious to see what you catch on film. Were you talking about the basement door?

This is just a thought, but the slammer may also be Dad,
you know, rushing up to run interference :-/ if he hears screaming or crying
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#169 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:54 AM

[glow=red,2,300]Whispers[/glow]

E-bay is tricky it depends on the Seller some are fast in shipping some take forever, there is no way of really knowing you just wait for your stuff to arrive.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#170 PureEvil

PureEvil

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 08:31 AM

KRC...If the door is slaming..lock it lol.  ;D If it is a natural occuring event it won't happen. If it is Peter, he'll unlatch it and slam the door. That is the only way to tell. The wind can't unlock it a ghost can  ;D

Hugs
  Shanon

#171 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 02 July 2003 - 12:00 PM

Evil...I don't know about that...the lock is fairly more difficult to manipulate as compared to the door that doesn't always latch properly in the first place.  I don't think the spirits in this house are all that powerful which could also make a big difference! ;D

#172 Jess__reborn

Jess__reborn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 05:48 PM

When I was staying with krc and nonnie, I did notice alot more activity at night.  Especially if the dogs were downstairs with me.  The last night I was there, Spencer( there Pup) would jump up and bark for no reason facing the farthest dinning room wall.  After about 10 minutes of that he finally went in there, and came rushing back into the kitchen like he was severely scolded, and Bear (the oldest dog) would not leave the kitchen without me there.  It was shortley after I turned off the computer and layed down that I heard the door.

#173 PureEvil

PureEvil

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 09:39 PM

KRC said: I don't think the spirits in this house are all that powerful

You have yet to see their full power KRC.
And from what I've seen and read they can and eventually do unlatch or open doors. Besides, any breeze can bang a door if not closed securely.

Me ;D

#174 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 03:31 AM

Animals are sensitive; from ghosts to earthquakes they seem to sense it.

I remember at my Mom's I was typing up a paper one night for college and our cat (a fairly new cat) sounded like it was in a fight with something in the basement, around 3:00 in the morning, full blown yowling and hissing and knocking stuff over down there. I opened the cellar door; my first thought was something had gotten into the house somehow like a raccoon. I opened the door and the cat was just sitting there and ran out as soon as I opened the door. I went down with a flashlight and checked out the basement and found nothing.

Now, looking back on it I never thought about the ghost at my Momís (you can still hear him loud and clear under the Encounters section) scaring the cat. I just assumed something natural had gotten into the house.

#175 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 04:34 AM

Evil...I have to ask you this question.  Where on Earth would a breeze come from to slam that door repeatedly?  You know there are no open windows or doors in the basement.  The window by the kitchen sink doesn't open and neither does the one by the computer.  When we go to bed we make sure the back door is shut and locked as well as the two dining room windows that open (they are large and could be climbed through easily) so they are shut at night.  You know the layout of the house well...so...where would it come from?

As far as the animals go...The puppy and the albino rat are the two that see the most for sure.  We can always tell when a spirit is in our bedroom (other than Nonnie feeling it) since the rat goes crazy and jumps around very wildly. ;D

#176 PureEvil

PureEvil

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 06:31 AM

Old houses are drafty even if the windows are closed!  ;)I lived in a house when I was about 15. A very old house with no ghosts. It creeked and the doors would open when the house would shift. Not everything in that house is paranormal  ;D And actually there IS a door down there, you just can't use it lol.

Hugs
   Shanon

#177 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 07:15 AM

Evil-

I'm afraid that I'm on Brians side this time (I know it's scary). The other night I heard the door slam 3 times and I checked it before we went to bed and it was latched. I pushed on it and even wiggled the handle to see if it would pop open and it didn't. But then in the morning it was still latched. I agree that old houses do have drafts  but my question is....if it's a draft why doesn't it do it during the day?  :-/  And there are sometimes that the door doesn't latch (during the day or night) and it doesn't slam shut ever.  ;)

#178 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 08:28 AM

The door may or may not even be opening, it could be a residual sound left over from an event that took place long ago, maybe someone rushed upstairs and slammed the door (or downstairs) as part of their last moments.

Or the door may be opening and closing!  ;)

I would run out and get one Catalog #: 49-426 Model: 49-426 Portable Motion Detector Alarm/Chime $19.99 at Radio Shack. These are VERY good and quite handy on investigations. I would set it up and aim at the door and listen for it (set it to chime) that way at least you will know if there is movement going on.

#179 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 04:22 PM

Last night we had the camcorder going and I have yet to get through the entire tape.  It ran from about 11:00 p.m. til about 5:00 a.m.  I haven't been through the entire tape yet (only a couple of hours into it) but if I get any results from it I will surely post!  

I was also thinking of us having a combination interactive and residual haunting.  I was thinking that was the door noise.  At least a possibility! ;D

#180 Jess__reborn

Jess__reborn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 06:18 PM

Brian just out of curiosity, did you set up the tape recorder either in the basement or maybe the living room?  I think that may help catch the moments before the door things happen.  Like maybe there was an arguement or something else happening before the door slams.  ;D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users