209 replies to this topic

#196 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 26 August 2003 - 08:06 PM

That is a very interesting story.  So did you ever figure out how Peter died?  What was a child doing haunting a house?  I was told that all children go to heaven.  Is the house quiet now?
Peace, love and happiness always!

#197 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:33 AM

Hi, Masque, I've had familiar spirits show me things through dreams, but nothing this vivid. I'm very curious to know how Amy managed it. This REALLY creeped me out, though*note the need for Nonnie's brownies and fudge.

Hi, Karen...I'm afraid Peter was pushed by his father, Luv, we know from EVP's that dad beat him and from what I saw of their memories of him it fit...workaholic and alcoholic Ironically, Dad seemed to have crossed over at time of death as far as I know. Peter was bound there by his murder-we believe he was in his late teens-but I think his mom and sister remained to protect children from abusive males. Oh, Hun, I wish to gods that was true, but I spoke with the ghosts of too many children in Minn
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#198 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:07 AM

I think that it is sad when the ghost of a child remains on earth.  They are sweet and innocent and they shouldn't remain here.  I forgot who told me that spirits of children go straight up to heaven.  It was a while ago.  

#199 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 09:57 PM

Hi, KarenSue,
Hmmm...it poses an interesting question, I've met presences that remained because of young children, so is the converse applicable as well? Will a child's life force remain sensing their parents' anguish and want to comfort them???
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#200 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 07:03 AM

Whispers

I think that it would definately go both ways.  I mean, children look to their parents as a form of comfort, support, protection, and guidance.  So, if a child were to die, they would want to have a parent guide them through this new experience, the way that the parents always have.

Now if we are talking about spirits, then the whole crossing over thing is still up in the air with me, but, I do believe that the spirit of the child want still want to be near his/her parents.  I mean, a spirit that has crossed over will still have new things to learn, and why not want to be near the parents when they learn.

I don't know if that makes sense, but I gave it a try.
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#201 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 08:06 AM

I think that you make sense.  But on an issue like this I wouldn't take my word for it.  I always thought that children died and went straight to heaven.  My mom told me that a long time ago.  I feel bad when children become earth bound.  They are normally sweet and innocent.  

#202 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 10:06 AM

That may be the case for some, but there are too many stories out there of children being the resident ghost/spirit for that to be the case in all.

To be quite honest, I have no explanation of why this is the case, unless, as many believe, that God may have sent them back for a purpose.  
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#203 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 10:25 AM

I have never thought of it that way.  

#204 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 10:53 AM

Unless I am mistaken (which I could be), a majority of the instances where children are the main point of the haunting, there is interaction between the child and the haunted.  (I could very well be incorrect on this, still learning some of the basics here) A spirit is what actually interacts with people. (correct?)  And a spirit is one that has already crossed over, and returns here at will.

So, this being the case, where has the spirit crossed over to?  God?  And maybe there was a purpose for them coming back.  It may take a while to fully understand the why's and how's, but, it could be.

#205 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 11:07 AM

I heard it someplace but I don't remeber where that children are very sensitive when it comes to hauntings.  I may be wrong though.  

#206 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 11:25 AM

I've heard that they reason why children are more sensitive is because their minds are more open to the idea than that of an adults.

#207 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 02:39 PM

Aww is that it.  I always wondered why.

#208 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:35 PM

Hi, Guys...if I may offer a perspective? I've had 2 near death experiences and in the last one, a car accident, the Light actually opened, I heard my Mum calling my name from the other side of the doorway, but saw my Grandmother who warned me that once I crossed, I wouldn't be able to cross back and be alive. I think everyone's offered that choice, the door IS only a door, but the person has a choice to enter or not enter. For some it may be denial, thinking it was a near miss or they were miraculously able to walk away :o

For a child...maybe uncertainty about crossing over and leaving their parents, friends and families behind forever, heck, in that sitch, I'd be a little leery, too :-/

Just my interp,
Whispers

#209 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 04:29 AM

I agree with you Whispers.  As I said in an earlier post, a child looks to thier parents as a source of learning, protection, comfort and when death comes along, it is bound to be a whole new experience, and to a child, they would naturally want their parents nearby to help them "learn".  

But I may be wrong, have been before, and surely will be again.

#210 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 04:19 PM

Well said, TKE ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users