209 replies to this topic

#16 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:39 AM

Whispers-

We moved into the house a year ago..April 2003. I haven't heard or seen him here just at my parents house. Although my son did see him at our last apartment. But I will try calling him to see if he responds. He was my baby so it wouldn't surprise me if it was him.   ;)

#17 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:31 PM

Hi, Nonnie, I'm gonna get clinical for a second here, but are there any really heavy duty power sources in the area of either your place now<my bad, thought it was last month you moved in>or at your parents...cellular towers? Generators, that may give a better reason for why he's appearing more at one place than the other
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#18 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:00 PM

Hi whispers,  clinical...ohhhh ;)  No, there are no towers of any kind in the area.  They own a fishing resort on the shores of Lake Winnie in northern MN.  I'm sure you could find it on a map, it's in north central MN.  Their house is also haunted and we will be there a couple of times in the next couple of weeks and we will be investigating.  We'll keep you updated.  I was wondering if the ghost "Amanda" is keeping beau from appearing here.  I'm also not sure that when nonnie heard the voice calling to a puppy that the voice wasn't calling to beau.  We'll let you know what we find out. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:52 AM

Hi, KRC, Hmmm...that's another good point and one I should have tried to clarify, is Amanda a spirit or ghost? Can you describe her active routine? I remember you mentioning trying your door, is that a regular activity for her? Is it at a set time? I don't remember you or Nonnie mentioning her calling a dog, but that might be my memory ???

A spirit is generally seen as a free entity that enters/visits this plane of their own accord.

A ghost is a "moment trapped in time"
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#20 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:18 PM

I guess I would have to classify "Amanda" as a spirit for sure.  I don't think she is here all the time.  The "strange" things that go on are sporatic.  I also "feel" her presence sporatically so I think she comes and goes.  I know I typed somewhere about the dog calling but for the life of me I don't know where.  The doorknob thing happened only once that I am aware of but things get misplaced and we find them later in places we have looked, etc. (mainly my keys).   There is not really a time for activity it just occurs whenever.  I think the only consistant thing is waking up most nights between 3:30 and 3:40 a.m. ;D

#21 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:33 PM

Hi, KRC, ghosts DO have periods where they're more active, they're also mobile. Um, and by "Moment" its usually an event, like a residual haunting (the pastor and his lover's carriage accident in Bachelor Grove Cemetary in Chicago.)

Does she have any favorite places? I say we shoot the moon, set out some recorders with a voice/sound activation option and see if anything comes up ;D

#22 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:36 PM

The spot that is the hottest is my 10 yr. olds room.  We think that may have been hers at one time but we're not sure.  I have had the recorder going many times around the house and have got nothing so far.  I am going to put it in there again tonight after he is asleep and see what occurs.  I am really trying to get something but so far outside of the orbs and mists that I captured on film, nothing.  I got those a Christmas and have been skunked since.  I know she's here but she's snakey!!

I don't think it's a residual haunting due to the voices that we have heard.  The first time was a conversation between a woman and a little girl which I couldn't make out.  I was alone in the house and it was winter so the windows were shut.  I checked T.V. and radios but nothing was on.  The next time nonnie heard a woman saying "come here puppy, come here puppy".  Then we have window blinds being slapped during the night also.  The cold spots that we occasionally feel are all over the house in different spots.  We'll keep at it! ;D

#23 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:15 PM

DANG...uh, how far are you from an Itnl. airport? Its a very very intriguing puzzle

#24 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:28 AM

We are about three and a half hours from the Mpls/St. Paul airport.  They do have charters that fly from there to Duluth.  If you look at a map, follow Hwy 53 North from Duluth to Virginia once you find that take Hwy 169 West and you will find Chisholm.  Check it out. ;D  I also recorded last night but haven't listened to it yet...I'll let you know if we got anything. ;D

#25 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 06:40 AM

*Wags tail*A charter's doable, if I drive to LA I can keep layovers down. Map? KRC...you didn't use the M-word, did you?

Out of curiosity, Bud, what kind of sound edit program are you using? And you're also listening for white noise
bracketed by a series of clicks, not always a guarentee of getting a salvageable EVP

#26 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 06:47 AM

Hey Whispers-

KRC forgot there is also an airport in Hibbing which is about 15 min from our house. If you flew Northwest you could go LAX to Minneapolis to Hibbing. Where are you located? Gawd I sound like a reservation agent for an airline....wait a minute...I kind of am. Out on a work comp issue. But anything I can do to help out let me know.  ;)

#27 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 09:51 AM

Hi, Nonnie
SWEETNESS! I live in San Diego, so LA's only about an hour's drive in light traffic. Hibbard...the name sounds familiar but I can't place where I've heard it ;D but that'd
be perfect. Ideally airport security won't think cameras, camcorder and recorder aren't a James Bond arsenal ;)

If I can ask,what kind of comp claim, Sweet?

#28 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:11 PM

Here are some more puzzle pieces to add!!  During about the last 5 days...I carried around my camera and when ever I got a "feeling" I would snap some pics.  I scored 7 orbs in different locations and several points of light that I can't explain in 2 of the pictures...the lights also move from one point higher on the wall to another point lower on the wall.  I also scored a mist in front of my china hutch with an orb in the center of it.  Take a look at these pics and let me know what you think.  We have looked for a source with the points of light but there is nothing that could have reflected the flash or any other light source.  The plot thickens!!! ;D

#29 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:13 PM

This pic was taken right after the previous one and notice the points of light lower on the wall. ;D  I also don't know why this pic is darker, I shot it about 15 seconds after the previous one and from the same place sitting on the couch. ;D

#30 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:17 PM

This pic was taken in our basement.  I see two orbs toward the ceiling and when I zoomed in on the larger one I saw a face.  What do you see???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users