• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 11:51 AM

Since I am a newbie , I though i would share my isolated experience to see what everyone's take on what kind of ghost this would be? I've seen things posted about hauntings, ghosts, and shadow people, but don't really know the differences.

I will never forget my experience, I can still remember to this day the horror I felt when I encountered this evil thing. It was in the 70s, I was about 10 years old. We had recently moved to a nice suburban split-level home. It was early evening, and while the rest of my family watched TV in the lower level family room, I worked on a homework assignment in the living room. I was cutting pictures out of a magazine for some type of collage. I had to go to the bathroom, and with scissors still in hand I started to climb the steps up the dark hallway to the second level. When I reached my father’s den, I fumbled for the light switch—being new in the house I was unfamiliar with the location of it. But, not fearing the dark, just innocently thinking about my homework, i walked through the dark den to the bathroom door and opened it.

What I faced made my blood curdle. Right in front of my face, but without being able to see a thing in the pitch dark, a woman let out a hideous low evil laugh, mocking and insidious. Almost like the witch on the Wizard of Oz, but lower and even more sinister. I froze for what seemed like an eternity, my face pale, my body unable to move. It was so loud and close and clear!

Finally, I ran down to the family room where my family was gathered and when my brother saw my ashen face and tears he asked what was wrong. I said I could not tell them because it was too scary. He scoffed, but after a while I told my dad what I had heard. He insisted it was probably just a squeeking door, but I pleaded with him to check the entire house before I would have to go back up to my bedroom on the third floor. He checked everywhere, but no evidence of any strange sounds was found.

I never went into that bathroom at night again, not even when I was fully grown and in my twenties, when my parents eventually moved. I would run up the stairs past that landing every time, and would always get a chill up my spine. Nothing else ever happened in the house, but I can still hear that distinct laugh to this day, I know what I heard and will never forget.

So, what kind of encounter was this?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#2 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 01:37 PM

To me it just sounds like your average run-in with a ghost.  Usually you'll hear laughter or crying or footsteps.  From the way you desribed the laughter, I would say that it was an evil presence in your house.  Maybe you could look up the history of your house and find out if anyone died in your house.  Do you live in an old house?  Do you know if anyone died in it?  Was that your only encounter there?  Perhaps if you do a little research it could clear a few things up for you............
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#3 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:04 PM

It was definitely evil! I know that our house was built on the garden grounds of a 1920's "great gatsby" type mansion, but that's all I know.  Nothing else ever happened. The house was not old, probaly built around 1960.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users