• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shadowdude

shadowdude

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 09:28 PM

Hi all,
I've been looking all over the internet for a description of a ghost similar to one that a friend has seen, but I've had no success.

One night my friend had just gone to bed, she was just getting comfortable, and turned over, when she saw a shadowy figure standing next to her bed pointing a finger at her. She said that the tip of it's finger was glowing red! Upon screaming the ghost then vanished and never returned.

I tend to believe her as she has had other wierd experiences, which have also been witnessed by other family members.

If anyone had heard of a similar thing (specifically with the red fingertip) please reply.  

Thanks

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 May 2003 - 10:37 PM

Dude, I have heard of something called wandering ghosts in one of the forums here. Not too sure, perhaps someone may be able to help.
Posted Image

#3 shadowdude

shadowdude

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 11:37 PM

Thanks MoonChild, that's a start at least!  :)

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 29 May 2003 - 05:05 AM

shadowdude...you might also want to read "black figure" below.  There is some good info in it.  Also, as far as the red finger is concerned...in my opinion...I think that there are many things that people see with spirits that only they will understand.  I also think that the dark shadow spirits are messengers of some sort and perhaps the red finger is a message to your friend.  Perhaps there is some underlying message in that to your friend that only she will understand and perhaps the understanding won't come for some time! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 shadowdude

shadowdude

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for your reply krcguns, very helpful - I get the feeling that your on the right track.

With the lack of finding any similar accounts of a 'red finger' it would then stand to reason that it was indeed a personalised message.

You've given us much to think about - thanks again.

#6 shadowdude

shadowdude

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 09:51 PM

Hi again,
Last night I had a discussion with my friend regarding the shadowy figure, and she has given me permission to disclose some of the events surrounding the visitation.

Just prior to seeing the ghost, a very close family member of her's had passed away. She has told me that when she used to be alone in the house, and only when she was thinking about this person that a lamp would switch on. It was always the same lamp, and her brother has confirmed that the same thing had happened to him. The lamp would also turn on by itself on christmas day and also during birthdays and other special occasions. (I should mention that there was nothing wrong with the lamp, and had never done anything like this before).

Also both my friend and her brother confirm that they could hear footsteps at night, coming and going out of rooms. She also told me that once she could feel someone sitting on her bed, when this happened, she called out to her brother who then went to her room, they both sat quietly for a while and then he too said the could feel someone sitting on the bed.

They both insist that all these things were caused by the deceased relative, but she is unsure how the shadowy figure fits into the picture. Could this have also been the relative? what was the significance of the glowing finger? Why did it never show itself again?

All these events happened about 3 years ago, and she has since moved out of that house, and has had no futher experiences to date.

I questioned her about the glowing finger, and at the moment cant find any meaning in it. Perhaps with time the message will become clear.

#7 mjking4ever

mjking4ever

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 07:36 PM

:) It may have been the relative trying to comfort her and her brother. And the red finger.... it sounds like something from E.T.. You know.. When E.T.'s finger glows red and pointls to Elliotts heart and says "I'll be right here." :) It may be a comforting guesture. ;)
mjking4everPeace + Love = Happiness

#8 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:06 AM

I saw the same thing minus the red finger and a friend died that same night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users