Free Skins
© Fisana

How do I test for a ghost?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 14 October 2002 - 06:21 AM

We think we have some paranormal activity in our house. Physicl touching by something, loud bangs, muttering/voices and lights turning on and off. Does anyone know of any simple tests we can do to see if it is paranormal or not?

#2 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:31 AM

I think you already know you got one :)
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#3 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 14 October 2002 - 10:02 AM

Looks pretty cut and dry to me, you have a visitor! :)
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#4 Aurelia

Aurelia

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I love a little mystery in things. I am also a person who sees a "haunted" place that scares everyone else, and I add it to my list of places to go. My #1 interest to date is my son.

Posted 14 October 2002 - 10:29 AM

If you still aren't convinced by what's going on, talk to Rockhauler or Murdock.
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

#5 Magoo

Magoo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:04 PM

Adam, have the house blessed (not like that helps). If that doesn't work and, you encounter increased violent activity then you may have something other than a ghost.
Ghosts don't touch you or harm you it's residual energy.
Spirits are dead people good and bad depending on their demeanor when they lived they don't know that they died.
And then you get the nasties, the ones that never were.
Most of the audible anomalies can be accounted for by atmospheric bounce (skip), but there have been no real pictures of a ghost/spirit. Other than Orbs.
In the end Ghosts, Sprits, and demon fall in line to some kind of higher being.

#6 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 02:14 AM

No real pictures of ghosts? What about the apparitions that Rock has captured?
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#7 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 01:09 PM

you may want to try and get ahold of an EMF meter to test the displacement in the magnetic field.  Or a simple compass placed in the room where the spirit activity is happening, if it starts spinning like crazy you do indeed have a visitor since ghosts disturb the magnetic field in both cases
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#8 Magoo

Magoo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 02:26 AM

susmith, rock has some outstanding stuff. But there are no full body apparitions.
I could be wrong and please prove me wrong, but from what I have delt with.
These ghosts/entities/spirits have the ability to not show up on (and don't want to show up on) film, evp, IR, digital cam, digital IR cam, 35 mm film, and maybe want to be seen as the harmless ORBs. Now can one of these harmless ORBs throw a 220lb man 30 feet?

#9 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 02:21 PM

You need to look at the white apparition pic Rock has on the spiritography section.  Him and his wife actually seen this thing and photographed it

#10 Magoo

Magoo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 12:49 AM

Yes I have seen the pictures.
And I had been trying to get my entity on film,digital cam, night vision, etc etc but nothing ever showed up except for an evp recording I did of a pulsing noise down in the basement. (Thanks Rock for the info)
I would like to know how many people have had physical contact not just touching but really physical stuff. Like bruising, scratches, punches, basic physical abuse.
I don't think the thing I had fits the basic ghost/entity type description.
The thing that I had in the basement was very physical and like I said it did throw/hit me. The best way I can describe it is like a football game where someone 2 to 3 times your weight/size runs up full speed and hits you from behind.
And thatís when I had enough.
Anyhow it's gone now and so is the nice lady spirit that protected me, I can now use my house alarm motion detector, it gets really expensive when the police have to keep showing up at your house.
And my dog can go down into the basement without fear.

• Guests

Posted 31 December 2002 - 08:28 PM

Deciding what to do is all about you and family. What's best for everyone in the household with no exceptions.

Find someone you can talk with (face to face) regarding situation. Make sure it's someone who will listen and offer support.

Peace
Larkins

• Guests

Posted 31 December 2002 - 10:27 PM

:)
The first thing I ask people is this:

"Have you asked the ghost leave??"  Sometimes, that's all it takes.  We often error thinking that we must go to elaborate measures to rid a house/property of a ghost.  However, if its a "nasty" it will laugh in your face.

#13 haunted

haunted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:06 AM

I know this is going all the way back but I had to answer to this one.

[glow=red,2,300]Never talk to a ghost because you never know what kind of entity it really is.[/glow]
If you want to find out, read on people that do Provocation.

#14 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:13 PM

Haunted...I have to disagree with you on this one.  When a "presence"  makes itself known to the living I think that it wants to communicate.  Whatever the reason that it wants to communicate is unimportant.  You should try and talk to the spirit (of course with a tape recorder) and see if it will talk to you.  Ignoring the situation won't make it just go away!!  Also just because it's a spirit doesn't mean it's malevolent!! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 mjking4ever

mjking4ever

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 07:29 PM

:) First of all you can catch a spirit form on pictures , although it is very rare. You can get EVP'S too . And a ghost can touch you. I have been toouched at least 2 times . Not all ghosts are evil or angry. Most are good and sometimes even jokers or playfull. You can talk to a ghost/spirit and lay down the ground rules of your home ( of course you probably won't have them talk back). But most likely they will follw the rules. I am a clairasensitive. Which means I can feel the presence of ghosts. I can feel if they are good or bad. Angry or sad. Playfull or pranksters. I can sometimes even feel there emotions. It is a cool felling. I myself live in a haunted house ( even though it is only 3 years old) but it is on what was an Indian reservation. I believe to have a woman and a child. I and my father have been pushed ( but playfully). The front door has been unlocked after I lock it for the night and sometimes even opened after I locked it for the night. We have had many other things happen as well, but none harmfull. After I asked them to stop unlocking the door. They haven't since. :)
Good Luck with your house guests  ;) ;)
mjking4everPeace + Love = Happiness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users