Odd experiences in my apartment

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 iruber1337

iruber1337

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

I've lived in my current apartment for about four months, approximately a month ago I started seeing things in the corner of my eye while walking around. Initially I brushed it off as an over-active imagination, furthermore I didn't want to mention anything to my brother (who is my roommate). As time progressed it happened more and more, finally two weeks ago I was sitting on a chair adjacent to the hallway and could not stop seeing some kind of white figure every few seconds...my friend took note and said "let me guess you keep seeing something, right?" - my brother agreed too. After asking a few people that have been over and sat in that spot, they all gave essentially the same description but said they simply ignored it while sitting there. It is all centered around one location in the hall/entrance to my brother's room - now anytime we walk to the hall we always see a white figure in his room but upon turning to look it is gone. In the last week or so my brother has woke up multiple times because he feels like something is over him...so much so that he has actually left his room and slept in the living room a few times now.

I am really hoping that someone can help me better understand what is going on, I'd be glad to clarify anything within this post. Thanks for any help.

#2 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:02 AM

It sounds like your brother is the source of the energy to manifest for this spirit. Is he willing to shut down the energy necessary for the manifestation? What is his position on it being spirit?

There are many techniques for house cleansing with regard to stuck spirit.

God bless, J

#3 reflexcellent

reflexcellent

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

does this "being" seem negative. or is there a peacfull or even pleasant feeling when encountered? i'm sure anything like what you described would be at the least startling.I would say, if the prescence feels to you like it's positive, to try to find out if there are any people passed on that would be more attracted to your bro than anyone else in the place. (friends, family...). if negative i'm sure someone on the site would be able to let you know about a safe way to handle your situation if you're more specific. much luck... (if you believe in that sort of thing) -luck that is-

#4 iruber1337

iruber1337

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

Since my last post things have become much worse, we've not only noticed strange sights but have also felt it...it has also expanded to all throughout our apartment. We have our disputes but I feel it is two forces, one negative, one neutral. My brother on the other hand has felt nothing but negative. I have recently purchased a dog and she definitely sees something. She will stare at certain areas we had previously considered "hot spots," in addition to that she will sometimes follow invisible things near our ceiling around the apartment - stopping and wagging her tail while staring at the ceiling. In the past few weeks she will spend great deals of time staring into my bathroom (it's one that is connected directly inside my room), then other times she will flat out refuse to go into my room.

Last night my brother experienced an odd occurrence, I'll allow him to accurately describe it,
"I'll start with saying that I've had a false awakening happen once before where it felt like a force hovering over me, holding me down, numbing me, and for lack of better words, scaring the BAD_WORD out of me. However, last night was worse than my prior experience. As I was falling asleep, I kept feeling this presence in my room, trying to just ignore it and fall asleep, but that wasn't working. Now I must have fell asleep but the way I was perceiving it, I felt awake. It was as if a dark force, I could see darkness moving, was starting to hover over me from the bottom edge of my bed. I raised my feet so I couldn't see and with my eyes closed, perceived myself looking back at me (I did not recall this freaky vision until after a few waking hours) It was not really me, but as if it took the form of me and looked into me deviously, while this was going on I also felt something watching from next to the bed, but that wasn't the main force ( I often have perceived something next to my bed, usually in the form of a little girl). When I felt it hovering, my heart rate was going crazy, and I was numb, unable to move at all, and there was a loud buzzing like the experience was electrical in nature. I was trying to knock on the wall to alert my brother but I was unable to move and I kept saying in my head "no" and trying to focus to bring awareness back to my body. I felt as if I woke up, but I was still asleep I realized after really waking up. When this happened, I believed I was awake but still could not move. The buzzing was still there and I felt held down on my back, contorted sort of on my side, as I was attempting to reach the wall and knock. The feeling was ominous and very negative and when I finally awoke I was sweating, all my muscles felt weak, and I was noticing the buzzing still, almost as if I could hear all the electrical currents in the air. I could not pinpoint where it was coming from, as I walked around the apartment trying to see if it got louder anywhere. I turned the tv off thinking that was it, but still heard it. I have done research on a lot of this phenomenon and am open to advice. I know some poltergeist scenarios are actually psychic energy coming from the person themselves, and I have not disregarded that possibility, but I do think it is foreign personally, since a lot of other people have reported feeling things in our apartment, and it always seems foreign to me, and even mocked me by taking on my form to stare at me. My eyes were not open when this occurred, but I "saw" it. I also remember the smell of a cigar that was just put out. In conclusion, this was simply one of the scariest feelings I ever had. "

We did some further research and found this is commonly called "Old Hag Syndrome."

I personally felt an odd sensation along with cold chills (actually caused the hair on the back of my neck to stand up) while in the kitchen - I immediately left the apartment and went on a walk to shake it off.

It seems we are not the only ones that have noticed it - when my sister was visiting we were sure to not mention it (no need to scare her). One of the nights she was here alone while a few of us saw a movie, after coming back she was pale and said "never leave me here alone again," pointed at the hallway and said she saw a dark figure at the end of the hall multiple times.

This went from a once every few days thing to almost everyday - one night while we had a few friends over and we were drinking a bit, one person had a camera and was snapping shots all night, a few of them came up with odd things in the background. We tried to attribute it to various things such as lighting or maybe smoke (despite I made everyone smoke outside because I'm a nonsmoker - there is still the possibility because some people lite their cigarette before going outside). Later that night, the person that appears in all these images had a bit too much to drink and was throwing up in my brother's bathroom, one of the rooms that tends to be a hot spot. We all heard him start to scream as if he saw something and was terrified - when we tried opening the door he was blocking the door and finally we pushed our way in and saw him laying on the ground pale, shaking and muttering something to himself. After getting him out of the trance he had no recollection of what happened or how he got into the bathroom (though that could be attributed to him being drunk). Here are some photos of him on said night:

Posted Image

Note next to the fridge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last one was most chilling to us.

We have no idea what it could be, any help would once again be wonderful. Thanks.

#5 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

I can't explain the experience you were having. But that last picture shows an ashtray. Did they carry that in and out all night? You said there was no smoking in your home.
Anyway, I think the pictures could be considered reflections. The first looks to reflect the handle of the fridge, as does the second. The third seems to reflect the bottle on the counter. Just my opinion.
I'm not trying to say what happens isn't true. I believe you could have something paranormal going on. I just don't feel you caught it on the camera. Maybe go around and snap pictures see what you come up with.
I wish you luck.
Blessings,
Angie
Posted Image

#6 iruber1337

iruber1337

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:47 PM

We have multiple ashtrays - I don't mind when one person is there smoking but when eight are, that's a different story so that particular night I had people going outside (though some did light up in the apartment and I made them go outside).

I believe each has an explanation and that was the main reason I posted the images - to be debunked.

#7 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:34 AM

I agree with Angelrose.

Looks like reflection and the last one could be ecto but with the cigarettes and ashtray there it cant be taken too seriously as proof. I believe the things you have said are happening as I myself have experienced poltergeist activity in a big way. I dont know about old hag syndrome and cant say I have experienced that but I have experienced lots of very strange sensations and feelings caused from earthbound spirits. it doesnt always mean though that are being hostile. Sometimes its just the way they work in using energy to be able to make you realise that they are in fact there. They do draw energy also and this can make yoiu feel a strange sensation too especially if you are clairsentinent.

#8 sammyd

sammyd

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

Perhaps I have a vivid imagination but I can almost make out a face with a clear defined nose in the first and second pics.. looks like a female to me

#9 marybelle

marybelle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:50 AM

I've lived in my current apartment for about four months, approximately a month ago I started seeing things in the corner of my eye while walking around. Initially I brushed it off as an over-active imagination, furthermore I didn't want to mention anything to my brother (who is my roommate). As time progressed it happened more and more, finally two weeks ago I was sitting on a chair adjacent to the hallway and could not stop seeing some kind of white figure every few seconds...my friend took note and said "let me guess you keep seeing something, right?" - my brother agreed too. After asking a few people that have been over and sat in that spot, they all gave essentially the same description but said they simply ignored it while sitting there. It is all centered around one location in the hall/entrance to my brother's room - now anytime we walk to the hall we always see a white figure in his room but upon turning to look it is gone. In the last week or so my brother has woke up multiple times because he feels like something is over him...so much so that he has actually left his room and slept in the living room a few times now.

I am really hoping that someone can help me better understand what is going on, I'd be glad to clarify anything within this post. Thanks for any help.

hello there. Your story sounds much like how it was with my old apartment. me and a ex boyfriend of mine had lived there almost a year and about 2 months after living there i kept feeling some kind of presence there. Like i was being watched, followed, ect. Then at night i was always paranoid of the small hallway that was in front of the bedroom door that led to the kitchen. Every time id fall asleep id wake up numerous times throughout the night bc i felt something trying to reach me or communicate with me. After awhile i also seen things move out of the corner of my eye and id hear them walking around the kitchen and in the hallway. so with all this being done i got curious and started doing my own investigations. Doing evp recordings and taking pictures to try to communicate with this spririt. sure enough the spirits did talk back and communicate with me! it was exciting, I felt somewhat releived. Except for the male spirit there, he didnt give me a safe and comfortable feeling. But i got used to him. I even had 2 physics over and they both told me the same story and the same info on the spirits. so as time went on i just kept talking to the 2 spirits there. I wanted to know more about them and stuff. I got a pendulm too and used that, which was helpful. sometimes the spirits which i beleive it was the male, would move things, like...open doors/close doors, open cabinets, move chairs, make pictures on the walls rattle and some other stuff.

I think if you want to know more about your spirit..try communicating with it. do some evp recordings or take pictures. I beleive that if they are making them self present, they want you to know they are there and they want to talk to you . so try it out! just dont whip out a quiji board and start using that! i suggest a pendelum or doing evp recordings. bc with using both of those..its strickly talking to the spirit thats in the room with you. Another thing, I kept a log or journal about all the activity i eperianced. I put the day, time, the room it happened in, and what happened. so this way if i do a investigation i can look to see where its most active in. for me it was always the kitchen, hallway or my bedroom. I basically seemed to be a magnet to the male spirit..he always seemed to be focused on me all the time. it was interesting. If your new to this, let me know. I can help you out if you want.

well good luck! and update me on any other strange things that happen! feel free to im me on aim/aol at Brokensmile2306 or yahoo messenger at Futurewinry. Ill be happy to help in any way i can! good luck!

marybelle

#10 marybelle

marybelle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:04 AM

Since my last post things have become much worse, we've not only noticed strange sights but have also felt it...it has also expanded to all throughout our apartment. We have our disputes but I feel it is two forces, one negative, one neutral. My brother on the other hand has felt nothing but negative. I have recently purchased a dog and she definitely sees something. She will stare at certain areas we had previously considered "hot spots," in addition to that she will sometimes follow invisible things near our ceiling around the apartment - stopping and wagging her tail while staring at the ceiling. In the past few weeks she will spend great deals of time staring into my bathroom (it's one that is connected directly inside my room), then other times she will flat out refuse to go into my room.

Last night my brother experienced an odd occurrence, I'll allow him to accurately describe it,
"I'll start with saying that I've had a false awakening happen once before where it felt like a force hovering over me, holding me down, numbing me, and for lack of better words, scaring the BAD_WORD out of me. However, last night was worse than my prior experience. As I was falling asleep, I kept feeling this presence in my room, trying to just ignore it and fall asleep, but that wasn't working. Now I must have fell asleep but the way I was perceiving it, I felt awake. It was as if a dark force, I could see darkness moving, was starting to hover over me from the bottom edge of my bed. I raised my feet so I couldn't see and with my eyes closed, perceived myself looking back at me (I did not recall this freaky vision until after a few waking hours) It was not really me, but as if it took the form of me and looked into me deviously, while this was going on I also felt something watching from next to the bed, but that wasn't the main force ( I often have perceived something next to my bed, usually in the form of a little girl). When I felt it hovering, my heart rate was going crazy, and I was numb, unable to move at all, and there was a loud buzzing like the experience was electrical in nature. I was trying to knock on the wall to alert my brother but I was unable to move and I kept saying in my head "no" and trying to focus to bring awareness back to my body. I felt as if I woke up, but I was still asleep I realized after really waking up. When this happened, I believed I was awake but still could not move. The buzzing was still there and I felt held down on my back, contorted sort of on my side, as I was attempting to reach the wall and knock. The feeling was ominous and very negative and when I finally awoke I was sweating, all my muscles felt weak, and I was noticing the buzzing still, almost as if I could hear all the electrical currents in the air. I could not pinpoint where it was coming from, as I walked around the apartment trying to see if it got louder anywhere. I turned the tv off thinking that was it, but still heard it. I have done research on a lot of this phenomenon and am open to advice. I know some poltergeist scenarios are actually psychic energy coming from the person themselves, and I have not disregarded that possibility, but I do think it is foreign personally, since a lot of other people have reported feeling things in our apartment, and it always seems foreign to me, and even mocked me by taking on my form to stare at me. My eyes were not open when this occurred, but I "saw" it. I also remember the smell of a cigar that was just put out. In conclusion, this was simply one of the scariest feelings I ever had. "

We did some further research and found this is commonly called "Old Hag Syndrome."

I personally felt an odd sensation along with cold chills (actually caused the hair on the back of my neck to stand up) while in the kitchen - I immediately left the apartment and went on a walk to shake it off.

It seems we are not the only ones that have noticed it - when my sister was visiting we were sure to not mention it (no need to scare her). One of the nights she was here alone while a few of us saw a movie, after coming back she was pale and said "never leave me here alone again," pointed at the hallway and said she saw a dark figure at the end of the hall multiple times.

This went from a once every few days thing to almost everyday - one night while we had a few friends over and we were drinking a bit, one person had a camera and was snapping shots all night, a few of them came up with odd things in the background. We tried to attribute it to various things such as lighting or maybe smoke (despite I made everyone smoke outside because I'm a nonsmoker - there is still the possibility because some people lite their cigarette before going outside). Later that night, the person that appears in all these images had a bit too much to drink and was throwing up in my brother's bathroom, one of the rooms that tends to be a hot spot. We all heard him start to scream as if he saw something and was terrified - when we tried opening the door he was blocking the door and finally we pushed our way in and saw him laying on the ground pale, shaking and muttering something to himself. After getting him out of the trance he had no recollection of what happened or how he got into the bathroom (though that could be attributed to him being drunk). Here are some photos of him on said night:

Posted Image

Note next to the fridge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last one was most chilling to us.

We have no idea what it could be, any help would once again be wonderful. Thanks.

hello again! well after looking over your pics and this is in my opion..i know alot about photography but i beleive the last on..is possibly smoke. they say when u go and take pics to try to catch spirits, they say not to smoke in the area or house for at least 2-3hrs prior to the photo taking. reason being is bc smoke can also look like mists...eventhough smoke quickly disolves in the air after a few mins, it still stays in the air. it can be confusing! also i see there was a glass on the table..most likly im thinking ur camera had flash, right? if thats the case..i belive the camera flash reflected off the glass and made it show up on the wall. that happens..trust me, i know! if you really want to get pics of your spirit(s), make sure all lights are off when u take the pics..and no smoking at least 2-3hrs before u start pic taking. the littlest amount of smoke..even if its to lite it up for a second before going outside can really throw you off and think its a spirit! I used to drink alot, ill admitt it! but currently im expecting my first child so im on hold with that. it is possible that all your friend was experianceing was the effects of the alcohal..it happens, but everyone reacts differntly. When im pretty wasted and after i puke..i get dizzy and i see nuttin but shadows. so i dont think it had anything to do with your spirit. and when your drunk..of course your not going to remember what happened! even if you blacked out for a bit! thats common!

#11 SherryWV

SherryWV

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

Perhaps I have a vivid imagination but I can almost make out a face with a clear defined nose in the first and second pics.. looks like a female to me

I thought I saw a face as well...in that first pic...a clearly defined nose.

#12 Tempestormer

Tempestormer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:55 AM

Interesting....indeed. The first step I would take is speaking with your landlord. Ask him or her if the previous renters had any complaints about freaky things occurring in the place. This will be a true test of courage to do, as most people usually do not talk to random people about superstitious stuff like this.... but I think you should at least try. Of course the landlord may even deny the previous complaints, simply because they don't want to lose another tenant.... but who knows.

I would also suggest doing a little research on the apartment complex online, as you may find info from people that used to stay there. People post hauntings all the time, so you may get lucky. If you do find that your apartment is notorious for having activity, then I would definitely consider moving somewhere else, especially since you are claiming that things are getting worse.

Do these events only occur at night? If so, then maybe you guys can try turning on some lights in the place. It may not stop or slow the activity, but at least it will make you and your brother a little less uncomfortable and allow you two to get some sleep.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users