The game's afoot!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 10 August 2003 - 10:21 PM

This is the account of a haunting investigated by myself, Drew (whispers_0f_fire) and Rhonda (rah6655).  This is of a house located in Cohasset Minnesota!  We arrived late (about 10:45 p.m.) on Thursday, August 7, 2003.  As soon as we pulled up into the driveway of the house, we could feel a very strong presence.  We proceeded into the house and set up all the usual equipment and began our investigation.  Upon going back to the van for more film Drew felt a very strong entity and an I/R thermometer reading was taken.  The temperature difference was 15 degrees.  After Drew's return inside the house, it was decided that we should start the investigation on the outside of the house and buildings.  Immediately after exiting the house there was a 52 degree cold spot while the air temperature stayed at 72 degrees.  A strong presence was felt in the front yard as well as by the garage.  As we made our way to the back, toward the furthermost shed, a very malevolent presence was felt by both Drew and myself.  As we made our way into the shed we both felt a very dark and negative presence.  The shed was a very hot spot!  after investigating the shed we made our way back into the house to check out the basement.  Upon entering the basement, we were both drawn to the fact that the basement was half dirt.  We also felt a different mood than we experienced in the shed.  A spirit of a woman in turn of the century clothing with two children manifested itself to Drew and he got a strong sense of fear and grief from them.  While in the basement we did get some very compelling evp's which you should look for on that board.  After the basement we asked the owners about whether or not they wanted us to clear the spirits out of the house.  They decided that they wanted to hang on to them a little longer but did agree to us binding the malevolent spirit in the shed.  We then proceeded to the shed to take care of this task.  One thing I would like to note is that the flashlight that we used didn't work very well at all but when the spirit was bound, and I stepped across the threshold of the shed, the flashlight immedieately began working as it should.

Keep an eye out for the pics and evp's that will be posted in the next several days from this investigation...they will prove very interesting! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Bangin

Bangin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:37 AM

Sounds like you guys had your hands full that night!  Those feelings of a presence seem to be very helpful on your investigations.  Too bad I don't have that natural intuition.  I can't wait to see those pics and hear the EVP's.  Please keep us updated.  :)
First voice: "Where is he...around here?"Second voice: "He's dead."First voice: "Ah, he could be anywhere then."

#3 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:10 PM

krc,What is the history of this house? Do the people that live there now have paranormal experiences? I can't wait to hear more ;D
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:25 PM

The people that live there are actually renters and not the owners but they are trying to get a look at the abstract to see who all the owners were of the property.  They know the owners very well and feel that this shouldn't be a problem.  Drew said that the woman and children had turn of the century clothing on and the house is about 50 years old.  This makes it probably belong to a time before this house and I am very curious to see if there was another one there previously! ;D

p.s.  oh yes, the intuition or being sensative really does help you know what is going on and yes, the people do hear all kinds of strange noises at night.  The husband is an insomniac and stays awake quite often listening to them.

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 03:19 PM

KRC,

It shouldn't be hard to chain back in title for the renters to find out who owned the proprety before them, plus since your state does registered land it may be even easier to just fall back in time using the certificate numbers...all they have to do is find out which office the property is recorded in and go from there....if the property is registered each deed will have a certificate number so you don't accidently break off and follow a piece of land that used to be owned by the same man but was sold separetly...like Farmer Brown selling off his 100 acres at a time *g* sorry been in the title business too long
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:26 PM

Hey Masq....thanks for the info.  I will talk to them about it and see where it leads!  I would really love to find out what happened here! ;D

#7 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 07:21 PM

some county recorder's offices and tax offices are even online try

www.netronline.com

you want to get to public records on line, click on your state then the desired county
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users