Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo
- - - - -

Welcome to Ghost Investigation Equipment!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

Welcome to our latest section: Ghost Investigation Equipment. The place to discuss the equipment and techniques you use to do your research.

What's your most critical piece of equipment? What have you had luck with? What doesn't work?

Let us know!

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 tlesley

tlesley

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:56 PM

Hi Jeff,
My husband and I live in Ohio, near Dayton. We also are Paranormal Investigators and go to people's homes to spend the night to see if we can pick up on Paranormal activity or if there are reasons for the noises that the occupants hear.
We use low light IR camera's- each camera is fed into a digital VCR for storage. We use 4 to 8 Shure microphones fed into an eight channel Yamaha mixer. The output is fed into a Digital EQ to help eliminate background noise, plus we also carry Walkie Talkies so that we can keep in contact with one another.
We spent the night at a empty house that the owners moved out of because of all of the negative activity and loud noises at night. The father and married daughter could also hear a man whisper things in their ear. We spent the night and did hear sounds like furniture being drug across the floor, and a large sound like metal hitting the stove or fridge in the kitchen. We were not frightened and sat in a chair as we took turns sitting upstairs in the attic where the sounds originated from. You would only see Orbs zig zagging around us and away and when we went downstair and laid down in the living room. I went out side in the light drizzle at 3:00 a.m. and walked around the house taking pictures outside and of the front and back of the house asking Spirit to show themselves. The only picture that I did receive a confirmation from was a very large Orb that seemed to be going through the farm fence back to the field where the family cemetary lies about 200 yards back. These pictures were taken with a digital camera and so was the people that followed us the next night. The next night the owners had a Medium come to do the same thing and they also picked up a Orb quite like mine about two feet away from where mine was and it was moving back to the field also. They heard the same noises but only had a Digital camera, and a Camcorder.
I worked with the Spirit trying to convince him that he was dead and needed to pass over into the tunnel and go into the light. He only seemed to show more Orbs around the one sitting upstairs and seemed aggravated and made lots of noise that could not have been made by humans in the house. We only had the three of us because we took a teenage girl that is interested in the Paranormal and there was no one else around. We were out in the country in Eaton, Ohio where the Calvary had set up Forts to keep the Indians at bay, and the battles went on for some time. I am sure that there are many Spirits that have not crossed over in this area. People in Oxford say in their Museum that they have found old bones that remained where the Indians or Soldiers lay even after death. The neighbors in Eaton out in the country say that all of their houses are haunted and I would not doubt it. There are cemetaries in many fields that people own and plant their corn. Most people just ignore them. This particular family lived in their home for years but when the oldest daughters baby was born she became more frightened and they all moved out. We do have a DVD of the night that we spent there, it is not too entertaining just watching someone sit while Orbs go past, or when you hear the noises all through the DVD. We did accomplish what the homeowner wanted and that was to give her proof that she was not crazy and that the house is haunted. I will close for now. I tend to write too much when I get started. Have a good nights sleep and I hope to hear from you. We can also send send you a copy of the Orb that I took outside or you can see it on my site on the Web Directory at: www.spiritual-harmony.com My husband posted it there with other pictures that I have taken of Spirits. I am sure that you would interested to see them. They are clear as day. Thank you for having me on your site. Sincerely, tlesley

#3 tlesley

tlesley

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:01 PM

I am sorry for two entries but I could not find the word Post to post my story. Please remove one of them for me. I will leave you with something that came to me in meditation.

'Though you know not my name I am you, we are the same.'

This takes a little thought for it to make sense but give it a try.

Sincerely,
tlesley

#4 Sheabay123

Sheabay123

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hey do you know a good place to get Ghost Hunting equipment

#5 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

I have had my doubts about non-contact IR thermometers for some time, and after learning more about them, I found out that they are basically useless as far as detecting and registering cold spots or hot spots during investigations. All a non-contact thermometer will do is give you a reading of whatever surface it's IR beam contacts.

I recently purchased an Acu-rite wired weather/temperature/humidity sensor at Walmart with will give the temperature wherever the probe is placed. I inserted the wired probe through a tube of plastic as a handle, and I can place the probe where I want while I hold the base to get redings. It also gives me relative humidity to supplement all my data.

Just my two cents regarding how we gauge and record temperature readings.

Blessings,

Dave
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#6 Ghost_hunter_1954

Ghost_hunter_1954

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Scientific paranormal research, The Rhine Center (Member), the International Paranormal Research Association and the International Paranormal Investigators

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

I have had my doubts about non-contact IR thermometers for some time, and after learning more about them, I found out that they are basically useless as far as detecting and registering cold spots or hot spots during investigations. All a non-contact thermometer will do is give you a reading of whatever surface it's IR beam contacts.

I recently purchased an Acu-rite wired weather/temperature/humidity sensor at Walmart with will give the temperature wherever the probe is placed. I inserted the wired probe through a tube of plastic as a handle, and I can place the probe where I want while I hold the base to get redings. It also gives me relative humidity to supplement all my data.

Just my two cents regarding how we gauge and record temperature readings.

Blessings,

Dave

Nice work Dave, and you are correct. The only problem with the Acurite is the relatively slow refresh rate. I have a real time unit made by Extech, Model RH 101. Fives real time temp and humidity with a hand held probe. Cost is around $150.00 but it is calibrated and real time in its performance
“It is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this century, the silliest is quantum theory. In fact, some say that the only thing that quantum theory has going for it is that it is unquestionably correct.”Michio Kaku

#7 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:06 PM

Well, out of the equipment we have so far I must admit that the K-2 has been the most useful, even though you do need to keep a dime wedged in there to hold down the area. It works well and has alerted us to high emf's in areas where people claim to have paranormal expierences and this enables us to explain to clients why they are having the expierences in those areas. Otherwise our Olympus digital recorders are what have been catching the evp's.
Posted Image

#8 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Electronics

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

I am sorry for two entries but I could not find the word Post to post my story. Please remove one of them for me. I will leave you with something that came to me in meditation.

'Though you know not my name I am you, we are the same.'

This takes a little thought for it to make sense but give it a try.

Sincerely,
tlesley

Yes.
It makes good sense to think that we may have come from the same spirit, and will return there.
John SmithI know I'm not a good speller. I have a low IQ.Keep the fun in it>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users