2 replies to this topic

#1 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 10 August 2003 - 05:25 PM

One day I was in the kitchen getting ready to leave to go see a friend.  My mom walked into the kitchen and talked to me.  Then I walked into the livingroom and saw her again.  I know that she walked out the back door and she did not walk back into the front.  She swore up and down that we did not talk in the kitchen.  There has always been weird things in this house.  Footsteps on the main floor and people walking up and down the stairs, but when I saw my mom that day, it makes me wonder what is really going on.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#2 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 05:34 PM

Interesting story KarenSue. A somewhat similar incident happend to one of my good friends. She and her mother were in the back of the house where the kitchen is. They heard someone open the front door and say "Mom, I'm home!" It was my friend's older brother, and it was about the time he usually got home from work. But when they went to the door, no one was there. His truck wasn't in the driveway, and they searched all through the house to find him. Even her little sister heard a voice from up stairs. About 30 minutes later her brother came home, and claimed he hadn't come home, infact he had to stay late at work to finish up some stuff....pretty freaky!!!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#3 NineBeanRows

NineBeanRows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 06:36 PM

Both these stories are really interesting.  It's possible they could be what have been called "arrival cases," which are out-of-body-experiences in which a person appears to, or interacts with others in a place he or she is headed for but has not physically arrived at yet.  

I read a little about this recently, and supposedly Mark Twain claimed to have had an experience similar to what you are reporting...if I remember correctly, he was at a party and saw a woman across the room who was a good friend.  He was busy chatting, and she appeared to be also, so he didn't approach her to say hello...they were to meet later that evening for dinner and he figured that they could talk then.  He lost sight of her, and, meeting her later for dinner, apologized for not having spoken to her when he saw her at the party.  Of course, she remained adamant that she not only had not attended the party, but had not even made it into town in time to go to it.

Crazy stuff...
Your pal, NineBeanRows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users