Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo
- - - - -

What is the first piece of ghost hunting equipment that you purchased and why?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

When you started doing investigations, what is the first piece of equipment that you purchased and why was that your first choice? Also, what was the general cost of it?

The first investigation that I went on was in an old mental asylum. There was a lot of hazardous material around, including asbestos, so along with the flashlights and batteries we purchased that day, we also bought some masks. The group that we went with had all of the typical equipment, so it was cool to be able to start out small with stuff that was necessary for our safety.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

My first piece of equipment was one that I already had actually. A 35mm camera. I have purchesed many since that time for next to nothing of course since the rise of digitals has made 35mm so cheap to operate.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

I already owned a Nikon N60 35mm camera and an Olympus Digital .

Aside from that , I believe my first purchase was a tape recorder for EVP .

Then I purchased an EMF meter followed by a IR video camera with night vision . I bought the nightshot extension from Sony next .

Then came the temp meters followed by my motion detectors for home investigations.

Rockhauler2k1

P.S. In the end , its definitly nice to have good equipment
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#4 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:22 PM

When you started doing investigations, what is the first piece of equipment that you purchased and why was that your first choice? Also, what was the general cost of it?

It is probably the worst piece of... no, it is the worst piece of equipment I have. This audio recorder has so much static garble in the background, I can hardly make out when I am speaking. Not to mention it is not digital.

Why did I choose it?
Really because it was just gathering dust in the drawer of out computer desk.

What is the general cost of it?
I don't know, but i would probaly sell it for like 50 cents at a garage sale because it is so junky.

What is the first piece of equipment that you purchased when you started doing investigations?
I have not personally purchased anything, that is why I put this as the 3rd question.
The first thing I might purchase for this sort of thing is a Thermal imaging camera because I have seen more stuff found in them than in photographs.

#5 GRIGORI_Robb

GRIGORI_Robb

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

Well, the first piece of equipment that i purchased after starting to investigate would be our DVR system and the IR Cameras that go with it. the reason that i purchased this first was for one, already had alot of the other things that i needed or wanted, and two, this way i could have four stationary cams running at once where ever I needed them.

#6 john_lee

john_lee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Piute Indian culture - especially skin walkers, ghost towns, meeting people from far away.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

I first bough an el-cheapo EMF reader to detect the only haunted place near where I live (Mountain Meadows). I also bought a small metal detector. Using these two instruments in tandom, I tried to figure out how that fateful event 150 years ago went down.
Cedar City Rocks!

#7 squirrelgardens

squirrelgardens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak to spooky destinations.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:37 PM

The best digital camera I could afford .
Mother of three fur babies. Lover of all wildlife.

#8 P.I.P.E.S.

P.I.P.E.S.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:anything and everything, I guess I would concider myself a jack of all trades.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:48 PM

well I already had a hp digital camera laying around, and a 35mm poloroid camera and a poloroid instant camera. So my first peice I bought was a sony digital recorder because of the usb connectivity, followed by flashlights and tons of batteries. I just recently purchased a canon zr600 sd/mini DV video recorder althought I wanted to get the sony cam because of the nightshot plus. I got the canon because of the abillity to easily upload video to my computer. Next I plan on getting a emf detector, and a thermomiter.
"Dude Run...."

#9 Sci-Fi16

Sci-Fi16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, History, Treasure Hunting

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:30 PM

My first piece of equipment that I wanted to buy was some nerves, but after inquiring at various locations, I was told that you can't buy those. :)

#10 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

definately a 5MP digital camera, and a voice recorder.

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#11 DuchessofBoogie

DuchessofBoogie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:my family, traveling, crafts, faeries, history , spirits & ghosts of course!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

Mine was a digital camera as well. It was so long ago, I don't remember what we paid for it.

#12 the Killer

the Killer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

Techniques and methodology
As paranormal investigators we all learn from others more experienced in the field, nevertheless we also must find or discover our own procedure to get positive results. Some will support their search by means of faith, others trust technology and complicated instruments but some of us do prefer to make an intelligent combination since believing in them, who have passed to the next level, might be important to create that psychic link to communicate and choosing the most adequate electronic devices will surely help registrate the experienced phenomenon. In my case, as amateur and apprentice in the extraordinary field named EVP research (Sychophony) have read many articles posted by investigators in different web sites and I thought we could try some techniques from the whole, at least those which are more attractive. Someone thought of recording EVP by placing a sound recorder between two mirrors as if opening the door to the other side. Certainly, there are recorded voices which say “open the door” or “Pandora” “¿Que hace la puerta cerrada? Or in the case of Mrs. Estep founder of the AA-EVP who recorded a voice saying “I found the link”. This all makes think of trying those methods to make contact with the communicators, whoever they are. That’s why I will try to “open that door” I will design a little wooden door which I will open after making friendly invitation to communicate. The action will of course help me convince myself, to suggest my mind and finally establish the link. It is like pantomime. Learning more from you and others I began collecting a variety of recorders (analogue / digital) and different microphones (Dynamic and condenser). This mixture will help me but there are some gadgets which I haven`t got yet. For example EMF meters and counter Gieigers are impossible to find in my country. I consider such devices, along with cameras and others extra devices, as complements. I mean, our investigation does no depend from their usage, nonetheless extra material is always recommended. I hope that being member of the Ghostvillage forum will help me make knew friends, to learn from you all and to share with you.

#13 the Killer

the Killer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

Cámara CCD-TRV 138 NTSC
Cassette recorder TCM,-353 Sony
Cassette recorder Jwin VAS
Cassette recorder Panasonic MC RN-305 / VAS
Cassette Panasonic MC / Voice operated recording
Digital/ cassette recorder Jwin with language learning system
Digital voice recorder Olympus VN-240
Desk top cassette recorder Panasonic Slim line
Desk top cassette recorder Emerson CRC-97
Amplificador estéreo de doble micrófono de condensador integrado tipo Electret para amplificar sonido ambiente. (Audio amplifier)
Cassette recorder Emerson CRC-97 normal Bias
Cámara fotográfica Vivitar 3725, 5.5 megapixel
Micrófono dinámico profesional Shure PG-48
Micrófono dinámico Radox
Micrófono dinámico Steren tipo unidireccional.
Micrófonos dinámicos Sehnhaiser e-835
Parabolic microphone
Blanck cassettes, extra batteries.
Extensions, plugs, adaptors and other energy suppliers.
White noise cassette supplier. (reproducing white noise prev. recorded from a digital generator).
Prayer playing cassette (a cassette prev. recorded containing religious prayers to replay during EVP capture sessions).
Baseball Bat (for personal security since I work alone)
I have planed to install an estrobo light on my car´s roof to simulate the arrival of police at open places such as cemeteries. It can be helpful for a person working alone.
Knife, and daggers for stimulating personal security.

#14 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:57 AM

When i am of age, my first thing i will do will be get a gun permit and carry a nice big Glock 45. I am very scared of being alone in situations that threaten my physical safety..lol, i also wish to do lots of hiking, and attempt to get some evidence along the way so i think a gun is a good thing to have. just in case, and! they are fun to shoot up in the mountains! added bonus. haha

-Roger-

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#15 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

First thing was my very first dIG cam, about $150 I think.
Second was a Surface Thermoter my X husband got my for about $90 I think
Third was head flash lights
Forth was a few more dig cameras
Fifth was my dig EMF Dector for about $120
Sixth was my Video Cam with Night Sight I forget how much that was though...
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users