Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo
- - - - -

What is the first piece of ghost hunting equipment that you purchased and why?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:54 PM

Oh ya, I forgot I got a couple dig recorders in there somewhere too...
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#17 wolfshine

wolfshine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

im 13 and havent bought anything, just visit haunted places with my friends and go in the dark, only because of this we see 90% evil spirits!!!

#18 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Looking to purchase a tape recorder, got a haunted old cathouse to visit. Seen stuff there, now I hope to get audio!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#19 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

I had a couple pieces in my very first order for equipment. I wish I knew more at the time. My first order consisted of a digital recorder, 2 EMF detectors, and a flashlight. I've come a long way since. :hug:
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#20 TheTechie

TheTechie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:41 AM

My E.L.F. Zone EMF detector. Why? Well, I had to start with something and because one of my friends and I were going ghost hunting for the heck of it, we thought an EMF detector was a decent place to start. I think it cost about $24.95 at lessemf.com, if I'm thinking right. I wasn't going to spend upwards of $50 on a better EMF meter (which I probably couldn't have read in the dark) or over $80 for a digital EMF meter (which I also probably couldn't have read in the dark). The E.L.F. zone has three LEDs that light up when it detects something so I knew I could see it in the dark... daytime on the other hand isn't so good. Not to mention, I don't think I had a lot of money to spend on something that might only be a one-time thing (hey, lets go to one of the oldest cemeteries in the county so we can be there when it turns midnight on Halloween).

#21 Sweetspirit4ever

Sweetspirit4ever

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:54 AM

When you started doing investigations, what is the first piece of equipment that you purchased and why was that your first choice? Also, what was the general cost of it?

The first investigation that I went on was in an old mental asylum. There was a lot of hazardous material around, including asbestos, so along with the flashlights and batteries we purchased that day, we also bought some masks. The group that we went with had all of the typical equipment, so it was cool to be able to start out small with stuff that was necessary for our safety.

Besides my camera, I bought a cheap emf detector. It only cost me $25 w shipping. The first thing I did was check out my house w it. Lol I found out that my hallway must have tons of wires in the wall, but that was it in my house.
Posted Image

#22 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

Already had the flashlights and the camera, got a digi recorder for my bday. Some depends would probably be in order.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#23 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:58 PM

For me it was an old microcassette recorder, even after buying an external mic it is so garbled and all. I now have a much better digital recorder as well as other equipment.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users