• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 02:30 PM

Okay, I'm not so sure where to post this, but it's a personal experience so I'm putting it here.

I was in Houston with my family last week.  We left there Saturday at noon and drove all the way back to San Diego with a couple of stops.  At one, my hubby stopped to let the engine cool off in New Mexico.  He pulled off at an exit, but not to any side street or town.  I was asleep and it felt like I had woken up and my hubby was in the driver's seat and we were at a 4 way intersection with a building catty corner from us.  Suddenly someone ran out of the building and up to the front of the van and started yelling and pounding on the front of the van and then took off to the right.  Try as I could, I couldn't move or say anything.  Suddenly I found that I was asleep so I woke up again and tried to tell my hubby that we should leave this place.  This time we were at the exit and I found my hubby in the captain's chair behind the drivers seat (impossible because there's a speaker in that seat) and when I touched him he felt damp like he did in Houston.  I still couldn't speak and then I woke up again, this time I was really scared and couldn't move or open my eyes or speak.  I finally pushed up and shouted to my hubby--move the van!  He said okay and took off again.  I collapsed, but once we were on the road I was able to fully wake up without problems.  Here's another thing--I've never experienced sleep paralysis before.

Then we came to a point where my hubby had to pull over because he was tired.  This was in Arizona and he just pulled off to the side of the road.  I was asleep again and suddenly it sounded like somebody was pounding on the side of the van (sort of like a cop checking on us?) so I struggled awake and was again having the sleep paralysis but I managed to get up and look outside and no one was around, no passing vehicles or anything.  So I went back to sleep and as soon as I was sound asleep the noise started again.  This time I woke up easily and quickly and looked outside again, but no one was there so I again shouted to my hubby to move the van and he woke up and did so.

I don't know what was going on, but it only happened those two times and not any other time.  I slept in the back on the way out and didn't have any troubles, but both of these two times I was scared to death and felt like I was definitely in the WRONG place at the WRONG time.

Any ideas?

Ericka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users