• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:37 PM

I honestly don't know. Ghosts are just something that I have always been fascinated with, drawn to, extremely interested in. I do have an aunt on my mother's side who has been seeing, hearing, and feeling ghostly activity for many years. Maybe there is some latent inherited abilities in me that I repressed during those years when I was growing up and something used to scare the beans out of me in my bedroom. It was nothing that I could see or hear, I just remember having sudden spells of being very much afraid of my room for no good reason.

Although, I was also very much afraid of my big walking doll, too. I always thought that it was going to come to life and bite me in my neck like a vampire. LOL! I even went through a spell of about two years where I couldn't sleep unless I had a cover or sheet wrapped around my neck to protect it. Maybe, I'm just a little weird?  ;D

#17 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 07:11 PM

Requiem, a fascinating set of encounters, while I've never been in a morgue, I do get that kind of residual memories/pain whenever I go into an ER...if I can ask, how old were you?

Ally*LOL*Bet Poltergeist was a real thrill for you to watch, dolls just kind of creep me out, the eyes, ya know?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#18 RequiemEternum

RequiemEternum

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:10 PM

For the morgue experience, I was 8 years old. That experience was pretty BAD_WORD frightening for any age though, considering the fact that the hospital in question has actually been targeted by a share of malpractice suits as well...perhaps that had something to do with it all?
I leave you negative behind...Watch me all in flames, on a butterfly I ride. Exhale the light, rest for some time. The world outside is numb tonight. Open your mind, express the forgotten. The world inside is your's tonight.

#19 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:57 AM

Hi, Req,
I agree it would have freaked anyone out and at 8 you must have been terrified with all that anguish, denial and rage :o. If I may ask, what hospital?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#20 Gargoyle0134

Gargoyle0134

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:55 AM

My grandmother always had Fate magazine in her house from the time I was born. By the time I was 4 she was taking me on strolls in cemetaries and we did minor "ghost hunts" for excitement and fun. And we took "peeks" into abandoned homes that people said were haunted. It was a bonding with her from birth and up until she died. (Which is when I pulled out the ouija!) I always have had good feelings about ghosts and see them as just like us, without the body. But..she definitely kicked off my interests! Adn I have been wondering about this and ghost hunting since toddler-hood!
     Gargoyle

#21 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:26 AM

LOL! Yup, Whispers, that rotten clown doll creeped me out in a major way!! Do you remember a movie called Trilogy of Terror. I think Karen Black was in it. Anyway, there was this little native type figurine that came to life and tried to kill Karen Black. I think it was called The Manitude or something like that. Eeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!

Dolls can be VERY Creepy! Especially the antique ones with the teeth and real hair!!! YUCK!!!!!!

#22 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:38 AM

Hi, Gargoyle and welcome to GV! That is SOOOOOOOO cool, she sounds like a grand woman, your Grandmum with a very healthy attitude and I'm glad you inherited that curiousity
and attitude*LOL*Unfortunately sometimes even drama from their lives carries over.

hope we hear/see more from you ;)

Hey, Alley!
Ya know, I know two people who are now very phobic of clowns because of that scene from Poltergeist :-/ Help me out here, Als, the name's really familiar, but I'm drawing a blank*lets kind of keep this quiet, Hun, it'll destroy my
Goth rating if this gets out* :-X

#23 RequiemEternum

RequiemEternum

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:32 PM

Wilkes-Barre General-Luzerne County, PA
I leave you negative behind...Watch me all in flames, on a butterfly I ride. Exhale the light, rest for some time. The world outside is numb tonight. Open your mind, express the forgotten. The world inside is your's tonight.

#24 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

Ta, Req

#25 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:16 PM

generally I was raised into it, although mom kinda let me discover for myself I could see things....I'm ten years old... now i'd seen the moving stuff, and that was enough, but when i was ten, i'm outside, and I see my first SOMETHING... it was large, with long pointed teeth, and very big eyes... I was made to walk inch from it, stare at it, and make it leave. thank god it worked...*whew* since then i've just had keen interests in ghosts, spirits, and Things....

#26 chamad

chamad

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 05:28 AM

What started it all for me was my son. When he was about 13 months old he pointed to a toy truck he wanted and it came to him! He also would tell me when the phone was going to ring sometimes. But the wierdest thing was when he was 2 he told me he didn't have to come back to earth again, but he came back for me. This was totally out of nowhere. We never talked about anything of this sort before. I said, what? And he just looked at me like he'd never said anything.

With spirits though, it was when I suddenly felt a tingling around me that then started to move onto my body and spread as if it were encompassing me. It was warm, and the feeling got intursive and very scarey! I had the feeling that if I looked behind me I would see a manifestation of someone. I ran! After I settled down I realized I had a face and a name of the person. I didn't know him. I called my sister and told her what the guy looked like, but not the name and she said it sounded like this older guy that mom had known when she was a teenager. So I called mom and described the man to her without telling her what my sister had said, well I started describing him, but she finished it and told me he was mad at me for having him inside. He wanted to be outside. He always loved it outside better. She said I had something that my sister had taken off his property after he died and he was trapped in it and if I took it outside and put it in a pretty place he would leave me alone. This is the first time my mom ever talked to me about anything supernatural! I was shocked!

I took the thing outside and put it under a pretty patch of trees and walked away. I turned to look back before going in the house and I actually saw the man again but this time he was with his wife and young son and they were in fact happy! (this was all before my dad died for anyone who may be following that mess)
I called my sister and told her what had happened and she said she actually had a picture she had taken of the man's old abandoned house where the family showed up in the picture. It was of them in young times, not as they were when they died as apparently they were happy when they were young, but not so as they got older as the story she told me of them goes. I got to see the picture one day and it was the same people I saw under the trees!

Well, this really freaked me out, so I took the item they were attached to to my mom!

Here's something wierd. The picture my sister took, the family was bunched together like posing for a portrait, but it was upside down! I've heard that means chaos! Have any of you ever heard anything about upside down images?

#27 mizkitty

mizkitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:!

Posted 12 March 2004 - 08:00 AM

Well, for me, it was always a Taboo subject in my family, but I was always fascinated with ghost stories.  My mom would take me to the library and I would always head straight for the paranomral section to see if they had any new books (still do!).  

Then in college, I went with a group of friends to check out a local urban legend and just thought that the scientific aspect of that was really cool.  In fact, it ended up being the topic for my final paper in my research methods class.

Now I like to examine all the possibilities and provide a rational explanation.  It is only when I can't rationally explain something that I begin to think there is a paranormal explanation.

But I guess my start was in the library.

#28 chamad

chamad

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 08:39 AM

Just had to say, I love your username, =^..^=! Awesome!

#29 mizkitty

mizkitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:!

Posted 12 March 2004 - 08:44 AM

Thanks!  Someday I aspire to be an old lady in a rocking chair surrounded by kitties!  That is my dream.  Right now I'll have to settle for only two little furballs!

#30 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:25 AM

lol, my dream is to have an entire mansion of CATS! have one now - soon to have kittens :-*
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users