74 replies to this topic

#31 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 12 March 2004 - 10:08 AM

KOOL!!! I too aspire to be a crazy old lady with lots of cats... we have three right now, but at one point we had 7, which was a lot in a four bed, six person house...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#32 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 04:32 PM

I have two lumps of fuzz that dwell with me now.. they only ocaasionally try to kill me..

#33 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 March 2004 - 04:10 AM

cats do KILL bunny ;)
Posted Image

#34 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:08 AM

This is going a bit off subject, but do you find that your cats tend to go a little nuts when there's something around?

As much as it pains me to admit*being a dog lover, its like
ripping me heart out*I think cats are more attuned to the Paranormal, maybe due to the fact that its easier for a cat to go feral
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#35 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:25 PM

most defiantly, whisper... the cats watch the same things I do all the time, I notice they're trained on the same thing I am.... sometimes they play with the house sprites.. it's cute.

#36 chamad

chamad

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:03 AM

I hate it when my cats spy something! Two of our bedrooms face each other. One is the guest room where a guest said she saw a lady spirit. None of us who live here have ever seen it, but since then the cats often do when they are in the opposite bedroom coolin' it on the bed. They will startle and then stare into the hall. Sometimes after they stare awhile they move to go after it while staring! They don't actually go after it, they just get in position and that's when it all stops. LOL, you'd think spirits were afraid of kitties!

#37 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:49 PM

I suffered a head injury via a baseball bat when I was 3yrs.old.---When I was 6 I began to "hear" voices calling me. My family has this awareness that we all share in varying degrees. It just seemed to become more noticeable to me then.
The visitors at the house I currently live in are afraid of our Cats.I won't sleep up here in the attic room without them.Not after one of the spirits sat on my Mum's chest one christmas eve!---Boy was she,my Mum,some mad when she came down stairs to sleep.
Animals always know when an unseen force is there.They used to say that if you looked over a cat's head and between their ears you'll see what they're seeing.

#38 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:26 PM

BINGO! As to fear, it might be a holdover from not being comfy with cats in life, also, a lot of cultures hold cats as guardians of the Underworld and Protection from malicious spirits.

I think the playing between spirit and cat is cool as heck, they've been around one another for awhile, hey?

My Aussie shep would [glow=red,2,300]FREAK[/glow] whenever we visited his Aunty's house, non stop barking and he'd do the herding thing...but that might have been cause the haunt was walking away from the herd, while Gretch's lab would look up if the spirit passed*Ringo's a dog more set in his ways*by.

Raven, WOW...sometimes it happens like that, Hun, a severe enough trauma or NDE acts as a catalyst to the ability, so what may have been kind of a latent gift becomes a full on see/hear Sensitivity...was it something like that?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#39 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 14 March 2004 - 10:01 PM

I thought I already posted to this thread, but I guess I didn't.

On many an occasion, I tell of my experience with my shadow friend.  Ghost Village has proven a safe haven, so I'll open up more.  Never have I released such identifiable information.

I am the fifth child in my family.  All my older siblings are also male.  By the time I joined the family, my parents were thinking 5 was enough, but wanted a confirmation.

My family knelt in a circle in our living room as my father offered up a prayer.  He told the Lord that he and my mom were content with the family size, but asked if anyone was missing.  Almost immediately, two individual spirits manifested themselves, pleading to be let into our group.

After my younger brother and sister were born, we counted the family complete.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#40 Tai

Tai

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location:x0|Wolverhampton|United_Kingdom||0|0|x0|Wolverhampton|United_Kingdom||0|0|x0|Wolverhampton|United_Kingdom||0|0|x0|Wolverhampton|

Posted 16 March 2004 - 12:00 AM

I don't know what started it for me. I think it was the fact that I had been having strange feelings, like something iside me was changing, I kept getting feelings about certain questions and getting them right and the fact that I find all aspects of the paranormal. I belive there is more to life than what our eyes can see and what our ears hear and most importantly, there is more to life than what science will let you belive!

#41 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:34 AM

It seems to be whispers.Since we moved here to Nashville I've been hearing them again on & off.---Do you think it has something to do with the right side of the brian sustaining the injury?
tht'a true Tai & I think science is afraid of what it can't define.So it scoffs at it.
I want to thank you whispers,now I know I'm not just Nuts!

#42 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:43 AM

Hi, Aloha...I appreciate you opening up like that 8) An astonishing thing, if I may ask, do you believe in reincarnation?

Hey, Raven...no worries, Amigo, always glad to help another villager ;D I'm glad you survived the hit.

You know, that's a good point, if I can ask, how severe was the blow*guessing it was a wooden/aluminum bat*how old were you at the time? Did you have any of the 'tite mal seizures before that?

#43 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 04:09 PM

Iwas hit in the head with an aluminium baseball bat at a lions club picnic when I was three years old.---Yes I suffered from petite mal seziures from ages six to eight.(manifested 3 yrs.after the initial accident.)The doctors were able to stop those but it has resulted in Manic depression and the realization that I've had minor whiplash since the accident.---Unfrotunately
anger has also taken the place of the petite mal seziures.

#44 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 04:10 PM

We have six cats.

#45 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 10:07 PM

It's seems that I've always had a fondness for the paranormal, but the first memory of touching this unseen world came when I was around seven or eight. My grandfather, who I adored, was very sick and had to be taken to see the doctor. Of course, I had to wait outside behind the closed door as my mother and my grandfather saw the doctor. I really didn't know what was happening but I knew that everyone else in my family around me was very worried and very upset. I sat in a chair facing that closed door, swinging my feet and let my eyes wander over the rings on the wooden door. After a minute or two, the rings formed a face. The eyes never opened, just stayed closed, but the lines that formed the mouth smiled at me. Naturally, being so young, I didn't think it was odd, just thought he was a 'funny-looking' man grinning up at me. In fact, the face kinda reminds of 'Grandmother Willow' in Disney's Pocahontas! lol It was kind and friendly and even though I never HEARD it speak, it reassured me that my grandfather was going to be okay. Well, after waiting around for another hour, the door opened and the doctor came out and spoke to my family. It turned out that my grandfather was fine, benign tumor or something and that with plenty of rest, he'd be okay. The only person that wasn't surprised by the news was me! I ended up telling my mom this, but like most moms, she just smiled and nodded. Ever since then, although I've never been able to SEE ghosts or spirits, I can see their auras...which I know is strange for some folks to think, being that they're DEAD and shouldn't have one so to speak of. But I do, and it's been somewhat of a blessing/curse, lol. Anyhoo, I can say that this ability does help finding a spirit easier and even at times to communicate with it. I'll always be fascinated by this subject because to me, it's a part of nature and so are we.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users