#46 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 March 2004 - 10:40 PM

Welcome to GV Shellas13! Hope you enjoy our company ;)
Posted Image

#47 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:56 AM

[glow=green,2,300][move]Welcome, Shelas13, I hope you enjoy your stay[/move][/glow]
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#48 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 01:25 PM

This is interesting with all this talk of cats on the 'what started it' thread---because my first ghost *was* a cat!  As I mentioned before, I was never allowed to believe in such things growing up.  Then when my parents divorced I moved into the old house where my grandmother used to live( she had over a dozen cats).  Anyway, my father being a cat hater, I had never owned a cat myself, and there were no pets of any kind in the house at this time---but when I was getting into bed I bumped into something unmistakeably furry, which tensed up and jumped off the bed and back on at my touch. I felt it walking up the bed, then it disappeared when it got near my head.  Another time, a streak of moonlight came in the window, and I could see a faint outline, like clear crystal, of a cat curled up next to my pillow, and felt the vibration of it purring.  There are several other occurences( it really seemed to be a completely normal cat except for the partial invisibility), but those are two that stand out.  At some point I mentioned it to my mother( not sure why, since she wasn't a believer in ghosts).  She looked surprised and said that my uncle had reported the same thing when he slept in that room as a teenager!
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#49 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:08 AM

Hi, Yosei, that's a fabulously cool story ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#50 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:27 PM

Yes!

#51 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:56 PM

the funny thing is, i was scared to death of ghosts until last year. ghost stories? i'm asleep! when i was told about the ghost in the theater as a seventh grader, i was scared to death to sit in the center section. anyway, last year we had to do this huge research paper on the topic of our choice. my best friend did ghosts and had me read her paper when she was finished. i went into it thinking, "great. thanks now i won't be able to sleep" but when i was finished...i was addicted. i'm a firm believer that if your scared of something, meeting it head-on will make it go away. now the more i read about ghosts and the supernatural, the more i want to know and learn and stuff. its superlative. lol geek talk for ya.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#52 fearlesssoul29

fearlesssoul29

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 05:28 AM

I guess what started it all for me was just 5 minutes. I was watching MTV Fear if ne one remembers that show, they would take i think 6 people to a haunted place in the middle of the night and they would be all alone for 2 nights having to do these missions inside the haunted place. If you couldnt take it you would quit or if you violated a rule you would be eliminated. The winner would get 50,000 dollars. Any way, i watched the one where they took the people to the Eastern State Penitentiary, and that got me hooked within the first 5 minutes. And every birthday and christmas sence then, i would ask my mom for some dowsing rods, or an emf detector LOL! I havent gotten one yet but i feel like im gonna here pretty soon lol! well thats the story on how i got hooked!  ;D

#53 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:54 AM

[glow=red,2,300][move]Hi, Alsie_R and welcome to GV[/move][/glow]

Hi, Fearless, EMF's are HELLA expensive, but you can use a compass since the needle'll go crazy if you hit a fluctuation in the Electro-magnetic field;)

#54 fearlesssoul29

fearlesssoul29

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:12 PM

kool didnt know that whispers, thanx

#55 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:12 PM

When I was 6 years old my puppy was hit and killed by a car. was very upset all afternoon and evening. The next day the puppy showed up after school near where the accident was. I had to walk by on my way home from school and something made me look up and my puppy was following me from up above the trees. Sounds funny being during the day and all, but I swear it happened.

#56 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:34 PM

Fearless, Glad to help, man ;D

Lamuris, Very cool story, I've heard of and encountered spirit pets, so I wouldn't be at all surprised

#57 fearlesssoul29

fearlesssoul29

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 05:42 PM

speaking of ghost pets, are those pet psychics real???

#58 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:25 PM

when my best friend died in 3rd grade and I was geiveing so much she came and sat on the foot of my bed and we had a really beautiful talk and since then I have believed in an afterlife.

#59 armadilloswill

armadilloswill

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 03:50 AM

I think what started me was when I was in Jr. High my Uncle Ronnie died. We were pretty close even though he was the "black sheep" of the family. I used to spend a lot of time just hanging out in the woods, one day I saw him watching me from a small hilltop. He smiled and waved, then dissapeared into the trees. I have never seen him again. Guess he just wanted to let me know he was o.k. My grandmother freaked when I told her about this.
Chuck C. Salem Ma

#60 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:11 AM

Hi, Fearless, I'm a bit skeptical, but to be fair, I can't really say since I've never met one or never been in one of the shows.

Hey, Chuck, a very cool encounter, personally, I think these are the most beautiful of encounters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users