4 replies to this topic

#1 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I posted regarding a couple experiences I’ve had during the past few days, here: http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=18295

Something occurred to me tonight, though, regarding the experience I had of being “touched” while cooking at my stove (described in my initial post in the above link). I want to know if my thought may hold any validity in the matter to help me figure this out. So, I'm seeking other's experiences particularly in regards to where one was touched by something unseen and any other thoughts regarding this that may be valuable.

My question for all those who have been touched by a spirit is this: where were you touched? I was touched just below my left shoulder blade and it was a very firm pressure. It did not move at all. It was not like someone was caressing me or patting me on the back. It was as though something was pushing on one particular location on my back but the pressure was not hard enough to jolt me. It was just an obvious pressure. It also did not feel like a hand although it could have been a fist or something completely non-human in nature.

Thank you for any thoughts on this.

Viv

#2 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:30 PM

Viv, I posted a reply to your other post, (sorry I'm new at this :)) and then found this and I thought of something. You described being touched under your left shoulder blade and that it was a very firm presure. Like someone pocking you with a finger maybe? I only ask because I have an old back injury and I sometimes feel as though someone is sticking a finger under my shoulder blade (yes the left one) and poking me. This is also sometimes acompantied by a "sliding" or "oozing" sensation which is very hard to describe. (Like something sort of "oozing along under the skin.)
Have you ever had any back injurys or muscle pulls? I'm wondering if it could be some kind of nerve damage.

Or have I been being touched by a ghost all this time and not known it?
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#3 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:25 PM

I have been "touched" 3 times that I can remember and at the time all three incidences were linked to the paranormal. It was not just random. The first was when I was a teenager and my friends were fooling around with a ouija board and contacting a spirit named Zachary. I was watching them and laughing because I did not believe in ghosts then. There was a crash in the room. We got scared and walked down a hallway and went outside. When I got outside the left side of the top of my leg hurt and it was bleeding. It was double lined deep scratch, almost like two fingernails had done it and it was in the perfect shape of a "Z". There was nothing in the hall that I could have run into and certainly nothing that could make a perfect double lined Z scratch. It was deep too, I had a scar for about 10 years. Come to find out it was an evil spirit that we had encountered and he did stick around for a while. The second "touch" was a couple of years ago. My mother's boyfriend was in the hospital for heart surgery. I was home folding laundry and felt a "tug" at the back bottom of my shirt. I was stunned because I was home alone and it was if someone actually grabbed my shirt and tugged it. It was not my imagination. Then I smelled a faint smell of pipe smoke and realized it was Richard. I got ahold of my mother within hours and come to find out that right around that time that I got the tug, Richard had died during the operation. He was a pipe smoker too and loved playing practical jokes. The third time was a couple of months ago. We were having some paranormal things happen in our home and I know it is my grandmother. She comes and goes. I was sound asleep at 4 am and I heard a female voice say "Is it alright if I let the cat out?". Still not fully awake and sleeping on my side with my back to the side of the bed, I felt something pushing on the back of my shoulder. It was just as if someone was pushing me with their whole hand to wake me up. As the pushing was going on, I opened my eyes, not moving my body and I was actually watching my body move from being pushed on the shoulder. I have never turned around so quickly, but no one was there. These 3 things weren't my imagination. It is scary to be touched, know you were touched but not be able to see what did it. My mother was "touched" once on the back of her shoulder while doing dishes at a time we were having paranormal activity in the house I grew up in. My husband was also "touched" on the shoulder while he was on his computer again during a time we were experiencing paranormal activity. He was alone in the house and had heard a door open, then close, then footsteps, then as if someone was creeping up behind him, then it was if someone reached out and touched the top of his right shoulder. He thought it was me and spun his chair around only to find no one there. I am wondering if a spirit is sensing that you are under stress and is reaching out to let you know they are there for you. When you think about it, a touch to the shoulder or back is usually a caring, calming way to communicate. When I was a teacher and had a student that was upset, hurt, scared etc., it was like an instinct to put my hand on their shoulder or the top of their back when I spoke to them.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#4 little turtle

little turtle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:49 PM

Viv, I posted a reply to your other post, (sorry I'm new at this :)) and then found this and I thought of something. You described being touched under your left shoulder blade and that it was a very firm presure. Like someone pocking you with a finger maybe? I only ask because I have an old back injury and I sometimes feel as though someone is sticking a finger under my shoulder blade (yes the left one) and poking me. This is also sometimes acompantied by a "sliding" or "oozing" sensation which is very hard to describe. (Like something sort of "oozing along under the skin.)
Have you ever had any back injurys or muscle pulls? I'm wondering if it could be some kind of nerve damage.

Or have I been being touched by a ghost all this time and not known it?

I have had times when my back has bothered me that get the same thing you describe. Like someone is poking me hard with their finger.

Edited by little turtle, 18 February 2007 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:45 AM

Bluemooncat: Thank you for your thoughts. Actually, the first thing I thought of after I regained my composure from this was that the touch may either have been caused by my clothing (I tried to replicate the feeling by shifting my clothing and contorting my body in various ways, but nothing I did replicated the pressure) or by something physical in me (I was thinking possible muscle spasm, actually), but I have never experienced anything like this, before. So, I really don't know. I have chronic pain issues but those have not caused pressure, localized or wide-spread. None-the-less, I’ll be keeping my eyes open for this if it happens, again.

As for the pressure I felt, itself, it was larger than a finger and smaller than an open adult hand...I will liken it to a fist resting just under my shoulder blade, just pressing there, not punching. It did not push me forward, at all. It was a rounded area of pressure.

As for what you experience with the poking under your left shoulder blade, if it happens frequently and is most likely due to a physical issue, I would consider it such. Have you seen a doctor regarding it? What you described on the other thread (re: the incident at the party), however, sounds likely paranormal to me.

GhostCat: Thank you for describing your experiences in such detail. It helps me get a perspective on this. You make a good point that a touch on the shoulders is usually a comforting form of contact that most likely transcends to the spirit world as a means by which to contact from there.

Thank you, everyone, for all your thoughts. This is exactly what I was looking for: specific information regarding a touch by something unseen. It seems that several people are touched by the unseen on their shoulders.

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 19 February 2007 - 03:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users