Haunted Music

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 John Cazlow

John Cazlow

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:45 AM

I was just wondering, can music be haunted too? For example if you play a spirit's favorite song that he/she liked listening to when he/she was still alive?

#2 EvilDoll

EvilDoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish keeping and ghosts!!

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:29 AM

Hmmm..I cant understand how that could be haunted unless of course the music was played while no one was actually playing the music and it was heard somewhere within the "home" or other dwelling and inadvertently noticed while doing some other chore....if you mean by playing the music and seeking for the soul attached to a favorite song to contact you, then yes, I would imagine there is a chance if your heart and soul is open to receiving a message from beyond they might contact you. Why do you ask? And btw, welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#3 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:37 AM

A very interesting thing to ponder! I suppose it's possible.

I'm moving this topic to the General Board. It'll fit better there.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#4 SpookyChick

SpookyChick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:31 AM

Interesting question. I suppose the way I look at it is that certain songs are connected to certain memories, and in that way they 'haunt' you the rest of your life. The song we played at my brother's funeral was Sarah MacLachlan's "In The Arms of The Angels" - I can never hear that song without thinking of my brother. My mother's favorite song was "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole - not only did we put the word 'Unforgettable' on her headstone, but the song will always remind me of her.

If, on the other hand, you mean can a spirit actually be 'connected' to a certain song so much that they're drawn to it whenever it's played - I guess I think that's unlikely unless the spirit is drawn to the person who's playing it for them.
"Sometimes I think I understand everything... then I regain consciousness."My Webpage / My Blog

#5 Gunner

Gunner

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting,Reading,Videogames

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

Whats up?

Im new here but i felt i should say what i have noticed about haunted music.
I have gotten some good EVP's by playing music. Down here in LA i have found that if i play some kind of music especially country or Christian that i tend to get more EVP's and orbs, i have even got a mist. So i would say that maybe music itself isnt haunted but that maybe spirits like music as much as we do.

#6 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

I really believe that music is linked to the paranormal. I think that spirits use it to communicate with loved ones. I have had several experiences with music. My mother's boyfriend, Richard, died unexpectedly after heart surgery that was expected to go well. In between the afternoon and evening wake, my mother, my sisters and his family went to a restaurant. My mother's two favorite songs in the world are "Unforgettable" and "Stardust". While we were eating, both of the songs were played in the restaurant, not sure if it was on the radio or a tape/cd. Also, Richard, my mother and I love big band music and we went to see many bands play. He was always saying phrases from Glenn Miller songs to me, as that band is my favorite. He was a practical joker too and for some reason every time I would see him, he would say "Adios" to greet me. I never gave it much thought and always thought it strange that he would be saying goodbye when he saw me, but he sometimes had an odd sense of humor. So anyway, after he passed away, I was near the cemetery he was buried in and stopped by his grave. When I arrived at the cemetery, I had been listening to a radio channel 103.3 which was music from the 50's and 60's and I lowered the volume before I got out of the car to visit his grave. Nothing unusual happened until I got back in my car and left. As I left the cemetery, I turned the volume up, only to find the channel had changed to 80 something and the song playing was a big band song. I thought this was weird, just a coincidence, but it was a song I did not know, even stranger. So I kept listening and hoped that they would tell the name of the song and what band played it, just out of curiosity. I could not believe it......It was a Glenn Miller song and the name of the song was "Adios". It was not a popular song, so that is why I did not know it, and that is why Richard all those years was saying "Adios" when he saw me. Too much of a coincidence for me that my radio changed while visiting his grave and the song "Adios" came on.....his way when he was alive to say hello to me and his way in afterlife to say hello. Those are my experiences with music and the paranormal. So if a loved one passes away, keep your ears open when you hear music and listen to the words..
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#7 wrensong

wrensong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:28 AM

My mom hears music no one else can hear. She has looked all over for possible explainations. It started around Christmas time. She heard Christmas music and would sing along. No radios or TVs in the house were on. We do not have any neighbors close enough that we could hear music coming from their house. My sister and I cannot hear the music, but mom does.

I personally think that because my mom is terminal, she is able to pick up more from the other side. She has recently been seeing what she calls ghosts. She sais she will see people walking down the hall or out the corner of her eye. She has never been into the paranormal before tho she has said my father has visited her many times. (just a note, even tho she has terminal cancer she is not on any heavy pain meds yet and in fact most days dosen't take anything for pain)

Wren

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:57 AM

Music is something that permeates deep into material and spiritual realms as well, and it is quite possible that spirits can get attached to the music they have loved.
Posted Image

#9 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:37 AM

If people try to contact spirits by meditating and holding an object that once belonged to them, then why not a favorite song as well?

#10 SpookyChick

SpookyChick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:26 AM

Wow, GhostCat - very convincing (and comforting) story. Hard to believe it was just a coincidence!
"Sometimes I think I understand everything... then I regain consciousness."My Webpage / My Blog

#11 John Cazlow

John Cazlow

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:50 AM

Thanks guys for replying! And thank u EvilDoll. Wow I know someone who had a similar experience as ur mom, Wrensong. Before my (not related) aunt's mother died she started hearing music that nobody else could hear. We thought she was going insane when she first told us. And that wasnt all, every day it became louder she said, but in her opinion it was the "most beautiful" music she had ever heard. But strangely after less than a week of hearing the "heavenly melody" she passed away... I still find it interesting to this very day, and I do believe it had somethng to do with the other side.

And to make my question a lil clearer, im just basically asking if certain types of music can attract certain types of spirits or be linked to the paranormal in other ways like GhostCat's experience, which is very interesting by the way! But I guess u guys pretty much answered my question!

Edited by John Cazlow, 23 February 2007 - 03:55 AM.

#12 bren4486

bren4486

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Its all on my blog! Feel free to add me on my ids or myspace!

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:01 AM

I know of one inccident thats personal to me that linked my great grandmother to the song book that used to fall out the shelf and turn to the same song every time.. so yeah music can be a way of haunting
~*~*Bren*~*~

#13 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

Excellent topic...

It seems most of us agree that spirits can definitely interact with music, so although the music itself is not haunted, it does possibly cause paranormal activity.

If spirits are drawn to people, objects and locations, why not music also?
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#14 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:49 AM

I do a lot of experimentation with playing music I think the ghosts would like. The results have been that it does get them to interact more with me. In addition to possibly giving them more energy to play off of, it seems to put them more at ease. It sets the mood for them to being more like having a friend visit as opposed to having a census taker come by and ask a bunch of questions.

I got a really good evp at Prospect Place a couple of months ago in answer to a question about whether they liked the music I was playing at the time. It's in the evp section if you want to check it out.

Another ghost that I deal with frequently likes to play a certain song in my mind to let me know he's around.

#15 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:49 AM

I have also heard that when a spirit wants to interact, they may send you a song on the radio etc that reminds you of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users