Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Something positive that happened today...

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#46 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

Noooooooooo I don't find it patronizing at all. You are very kind. Thank you. Will pm you soon.

#47 Charlotte

Charlotte

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

Hi ya'l,

Today my hubby & I are celebrating our 13 yr wedding anniversary. :)

Blessed Be,
Charlotte ;)
CharlotteI have learned that being with those I love is enough!

#48 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:23 PM

Hi ya'l,

Today my hubby & I are celebrating our 13 yr wedding anniversary. :ghost:

Congratulations. You don't see too many couples married for that long anymore. It's so nice to see threw others that it does happen.

A good thing that happened to me today was all my painting (except white trim) is now complete. FINALLY!!!
Posted Image

#49 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:01 AM

Negative: I have recently been experiencing some bouts of depression and anxiety...so much so that it is starting to effect my stomach and making it difficult for me to eat and causing me a bunch of pain in my stomach...all of which is not good after having my gastric bypass surgery.

Positive: I have begun seeking help for the problem. First of all, I went to see my PCP and was put on omeprazole which is a drug to cut down the acid production in my stomach. She believes that the pain in my stomach is due to gastritis. For the anxitey and depression, I have begun some psychological counseling. I will be seeing a therapist every two weeks for a while.

Negative: I was suppose to be hosting a friend for dinner, and he had to cancel. I also got an email from a guy who I thought was going to be a good new friend saying he doesn't think he will call me again. Also, I tried contacting an old friend whom I haven't spoken to in over six years, but the phone number I had is no longer her number. All of these things triggered another bout of anxiety, and added to the fact that I had been up for almost 24 hours without sleep.

Positive: Although my friend's phone number was disconnected, I had her parents' phone number, which was still active, and got her new number which I promptly called....she didn't answer, but she called me back shortly afterwards. We talked for two and a half hours! And it was like we had never had any time missing at all. She has missed me as much as I had missed her, and we promised each other never to let each other go again. It is nice to have friends. This is a woman I have know over 19 years, exactly half her life! And I am going a week from Sunday to visit her and her family. I am so happy!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:49 AM

Not exactly today, but near enough---a solution to a mystery brought up in one of my earliest posts to GV:

http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=1610

I posted about it to a different paranormal forum focused on my state, partly in an ill-fated attempt to stir up conversation there:

http://www.ugri.org/...hp?topic=1109.0

Come to think of it, I *was* being a bit cryptic. That's what happens when you stay up too long without sleeping.

I'm not sure why I suddenly felt compelled to start looking up this stuff again. Incidentally, the spirit girl described by the other posters in the thread still shows up from time to time---she's led me to more than one cemetery I didn't know about, and even showed me what I think is her mother's grave---one of a family of 13 polygamist wives. Researching that family is next on my agenda. But I'm turning this into an on-topic post, and we're supposed to be in the off-topic board! :ghost:
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#51 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

Negative: I have recently been experiencing some bouts of depression and anxiety...so much so that it is starting to effect my stomach and making it difficult for me to eat and causing me a bunch of pain in my stomach...all of which is not good after having my gastric bypass surgery.

Positive: I have begun seeking help for the problem. First of all, I went to see my PCP and was put on omeprazole which is a drug to cut down the acid production in my stomach. She believes that the pain in my stomach is due to gastritis. For the anxitey and depression, I have begun some psychological counseling. I will be seeing a therapist every two weeks for a while.

Negative: I was suppose to be hosting a friend for dinner, and he had to cancel. I also got an email from a guy who I thought was going to be a good new friend saying he doesn't think he will call me again. Also, I tried contacting an old friend whom I haven't spoken to in over six years, but the phone number I had is no longer her number. All of these things triggered another bout of anxiety, and added to the fact that I had been up for almost 24 hours without sleep.

Positive: Although my friend's phone number was disconnected, I had her parents' phone number, which was still active, and got her new number which I promptly called....she didn't answer, but she called me back shortly afterwards. We talked for two and a half hours! And it was like we had never had any time missing at all. She has missed me as much as I had missed her, and we promised each other never to let each other go again. It is nice to have friends. This is a woman I have know over 19 years, exactly half her life! And I am going a week from Sunday to visit her and her family. I am so happy!

What a happy ending, and to know that just one person can make such a difference in your life.
In times of need, you really find out who your real friends are.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#52 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:18 PM

Well, I like to stay positive so here goes. My son tested negative for cystic fibrosis which I am very relieved about! Thanks for the good vibes. Although we are still not sure why he picks up every germ possible going around, we are for now chalking it up to a possible sinus problem is he has a bad spring. So this is good news to me that it is nothing serious because it is almost painful how much I love that little boy of mine.

#53 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

Well, I like to stay positive so here goes. My son tested negative for cystic fibrosis which I am very relieved about! Thanks for the good vibes. Although we are still not sure why he picks up every germ possible going around, we are for now chalking it up to a possible sinus problem is he has a bad spring. So this is good news to me that it is nothing serious because it is almost painful how much I love that little boy of mine.

That IS wonderful news! I know how devastating Cystic Fibrosis is, considering I work in a hodpital in-patient pharmacy....we have so many CF patients, and they all seem to be in and out of the hospital on a regular basis....usually all at the same time. I am glad your son doesn't have it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:47 AM

Thanks Ravenhecate :owl:

#55 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:51 AM

Something positive that happened to me today, (yesturday 5:50 am right now).

I have been telling hubby for years we have got to get some kind of exersize machine. Something to help us get into shape. Walking just isn't enough.
He went and god me a Total Gym. He knew someone selling one. Brand new, never used. He got it at a great price. I used it, and today. WOW! I am sore. LOL
Will let you know if it helped me. I'm sure it will
Posted Image

#56 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

CM....
that is so greaat that your boy doesn't have CF... that must be a huge weight lifted off of your family's shoulders. Hopefully this germ thing is something he will outgrow when he gets a little older? Like food intolerences?

raven....
Sorry to hear that you could be dealing with gastritis... are they going to scope to be sure or just treat the sx and see how you do? sometimes (as I'm sure you know) it can be caused by a type of bacteria that certain ppl are susepectable to. Out of everything Gastritis had to be the worst dx because then my diet was soo restricted for about a year... it sucked the big one....

Angel Rose...
Woo-Hoo! For taking those steps towards becoming a hot tamale! my mom is crazy and excercise equipment is attracted to her like a magnet... that and shoes (105 pairs... yes we've counted...) and power tools. But seriously for the big stuff she has a treadmill and stairmachin... she does either one of those for 5 miles a day wearing MBT shoes... I think shes crazy.

"Grey's Anatomy" is on thursday... Will George and Callie's marriage bite the dust? Was the thing between George and Izzy just a drunken one night stand or something more? Will Cristina's engagment to Burke fall apart all thanks to the fact that transplant dude couldn't keep his hands off her butt for one last feel? Find out tonight....
BTW Anyone know who got voted off "American Idol" on Weds? Guess I'll find out tonight... Why is Sanjaya still on? He's cute but other than that he ain't got much going for him!
Love life.

#57 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

Negative: My boyfriend, who was supposed to fly out of England early this morning to go home to Dubai had his early am flight cancelled due to fog which meant taking a later flight out and missing his one and only daily connection to Dubai and suffering almost 24 hour layover in Amsterdam, or going back to his home in England and trying all over again tomorrow am (with the possibility of more fog and more flight cancellations). At this point, I have heard nothing from him, and so can honestly say I have no idea WHERE in the world he is. One would have hoped that the lug-head would at least have the good sense, if he is laying over in Amsterdam (which is what I suspect has happened) to get a hotel room for the night, and not try to crash in the airport, having just had surgery a week ago.

Positive: I am finally catching up on my sleep a little, I think.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:59 PM

Positive...
I have now been awake for 5 hours straight... A record in the past month... literally. Do you think I could find a job a matress tester? Oh and I know that today is Weds. (yesterday when I woke up after a week of sleep I didn't know that it was Tues... I was ready for my French lesson that happens on Monday)...

Negative...
Sanjaya is still on AI... I will hunt down whoever is voting for him and rip their phone out of their walls (wait everyone has cell phones now, eh?), and do whatever necessary so that they cannot get online to vote for him... Seesh... He's good lookin' I'll confess, but he can't sing worth a crap...
Love life.

#59 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:28 AM

After knowing I have had a rough few days,
my neighbor brought over dinner and invited me to go Salsa Dancing!

#60 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

I hope that you had fun BellaRose...

Grrr... No new "Grey's Anatomy" or "Ugly Betty" tonight... Did I mention "grrrr...."? Those shows are my reason for getting to Thursday night every week...

I get to go see my friend on Sat... I have to choose some of my horror movies to take... I'm thinking "poltergeigst" and "The Changling"...
TC always reminds me of the time I tried to take my w/c down the stairs at school... It doesn't work so great... That was w/c #1 to sum that one up (I ended up breaking the arm off the rental...)... Definately don't recommend it... Trust me... You'll do a face plant... Ouch... And no I didn't really think that that "brilliant idea" through 4 yrs ago... The elevator in the school was broken...
Love life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users