Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Something positive that happened today...

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:32 AM

The mole I had removed last Friday isn't Cancer!
I didn't realised how worried I was until I got the call and it was okay . . .

cmraposa: Yay! It's good your little boy is okay! I have a question though and it might sound weird, but are you keeping your house TOO clean? I know that if you don't allow a young persons imune system a chance to encounter enough germs it never builds up the imunities that it should . .. . Just an off the wall sugestion.
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#62 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:58 AM

Something positive: I finished the rest of the painting going downstairs to the basement. Now there is just the basement left and kid's rooms. WOOHOO, getting the house done.

Something negative: I'm sick of painting. I have been praying for someone else to do it, but I guess God said I have to do it or it won't get done. LOL
Posted Image

#63 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 31 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

Yay Bluemooncat! I'm so glad that your mole wasn't cancerous. I have had TWO moles removed from my back that were pre cancerous (they were multiple colors, irregular borders, scabby, growing)... Cancer tends to run on my dad's side and I'm VERY fair skinned (I put Irish people to shame...) so I'm at high risk for melenoma. Women tend to think that a mammogram is the most important health exam they'll get but it's also so important to keep an eye on your moles. I check mine every Monday in the shower (and believe me it's not easy... I have a ton to look at!).

Angel Rose- Yay for getting painting ALMOST done! Sounds kinda like you might wear the pants in the household like in my family? My mom does all the house and yard work (blows the snow, does the garden, weeds...), my dad has "girly hands"... It's kinda funny acutally... If you had them put their hands together my dad's hands look like those of a 10 yr old girl but my mom's look like an old man's... Then there's mine with the looong "smiley" that I earned from the attack of the ginuea pig and my little sister's incredibly long piano playing hands... crazy!

My good news...
I'm going to my friend's house in a little over an hour! Taking over some horror movies as I'm giving her lessons (her parents detest horror movies). And my dad is almost done with the taxes so maybe he'll stop stomping around the house soon!
'
Love life.

#64 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

The most positive things to happen recently: The British soldiers captured in Iran have been released!!!! And because of that particular crisis, my boyfriend does not have to go for the 10 day business to Iran until after he has flown here to visit me. Even though the crisis is over in Iran, his company has continued to postpone his trip until he gets back from vacation.....only 32 more days until he arrives!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 Charlotte

Charlotte

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:50 AM

Good news: I had a nerve conductivity test because of a slipped disk - it was ok - so no surgery!

Bad news: Still in pain & having to wait for a rheumotology appt about possible arthirits.

Blessed Be,
Charlotte
CharlotteI have learned that being with those I love is enough!

#66 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

I am growing my hair out until I have the surgery at the end of the summer/begging of the fall... My mom and I decided that we will just shave it all off (the surgeon will shave a little more than 1/2 off for the incision and "halo" placement) rather than deal with it, so befoe we fly up to Iowa I'm going to chop it off and donate it to "Locks of Love". My little sister was freaking out that I would even consider shaving my head, but it's just hair... It will grow back. Besides what about all of those little kids on chemo (people with conditions that cause hair loss that will never return?) who won't have their hair for a loooonnnnggg time? Hopefully my dark brown curly hair will help to make someone's day a little brighter... Besides, it's not like I'm allowed to donate blood or anything...
Love life.

#67 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:57 PM

Got a chance to chat with my sweetheart for over 3 hours, we havent done it for over 2 months! :weeee:

Well......
Posted Image

#68 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:17 AM

I managed to train someone at work successfully without any hiccups !

#69 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:43 AM

I woke up this morning...always a positive thing to do
Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

Well, I was stressed with my job of late, since there were certain issues, now one day, everything has been cleared up and new software projects are coming through! When universe smiles, it comes with all positive bang!
Posted Image

#71 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:34 PM

Sorry bluemoon, I haven't checked this one out in while. I know what you mean about keeping the house too clean. The allergy Dr. said I shouldn't dust but once a week. (so hard not to do that) Come to find out, he is not allergic to one little thing. ??????????? So, we are back to square one.

I have to say (afraid to say because I have to knock on wood) My son is doing GREAT lately. He may have had just a very bad year for catching every germ that came along. So, I am very happy about that!

#72 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

I woke up this morning...always a positive thing to do

Great point Raven... Not enough people stop to appreciate the beauty in each day. I for one can be bent over the toilet and mom will ask me if I'm alright and I'll reply "Well at least it's not *that* chunky" (okay maybe that was a case of TMI...)

I had a MRI of my lumbar and thoracic spine earlier... My mom and I spotted what looked like a possible syrinx/syringomyelia (a flat CSF filled cyst within the spinal cord, fairly common within the chiari population because CSF can't flow properly... if untreated and it grows the cord can become stretched and damage permenant). I see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and he's going to look at the films and then we're to call my NSG in Iowa.

Bad news... If it is a syrinx, since I've already had the decompression for the chiari then to treat the syrinx we'd have to put in a "Lumbar shunt", most likely at the same time that we fuse my whole neck (not any sooner because of the whole meningititis thing...). Altough since I'll be the "Signer" in one week, I'll probably refuse to sign for an LP shunt anytime soon... At least not until we've corrected my neck.

Good news though, is that we have another possible cause for the "drop foot"... Supposdly it's rare (not unseen) for drop foot to originate from the cervical spine and brain? IDK
Love life.

#73 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

Wow Stella Kitty, I can't keep up with you. The good news is that you stay so positive and you are very in tune with what is going on with your body. Kudos on donating your hair! Your a real sweetheart!

Bluemoon, so glad your mole is not cancerous!

Nice to hear everyone's good news!

#74 ghost_hunter_07

ghost_hunter_07

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:20 AM

not alot of good things happening to me right now.having a real though time.

#75 ghost_hunter_07

ghost_hunter_07

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:32 AM

not alot of good things happening to me right now.having a real tough time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users