Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Something positive that happened today...

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#76 Charlotte

Charlotte

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

I got to work this morning and my Dad was sitting in the parking lot. He is a truck driver and got to spend the morning with him before he had to leave again. I haven't seen him in almost a year.

Blessed Be,
Charlotte
CharlotteI have learned that being with those I love is enough!

#77 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

I leave for Iowa to see the Genetcist and Neurosurgeon in four days!!! I'm so excited!! Just not excited about flying out (it makes me sick as a dog)...

"Oh... I'm off to see the wizard. The wonderful wizard of Oz..."

Let's hear your good news!
Love life.

#78 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

Good Luck, Alexa! As always, healing vibes being sent your way.

Well, today was good for me as I found the perfect carrot cake recipe. :clap: And, I made it. And, I started eating it. And, I couldn't stop. And, now I'm a little sick to my stomach...

Amanda

#79 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:00 PM

I recovered all the data from my crashed hard drive! Have been burning my brain on this for a week now! ;)
Posted Image

#80 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

Thought I'd pull this back up since I've been having such a hard time... It's important to remember the little "happy moments" in your life...

My friend will be here shortly with Qdoba (yuuum... and seeing someone other than mom), and tomorrow after my GI appointment I'm going to visit my friend Kelly for his 22nd birthday at the nursing home (he has CP). And I got to watch theee most beautiful sunset this evening...

Share your happy moments...
Love life.

#81 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

Positive: One of the art teachers at work loved the jewelry I took in for her to show the kids. Yes, I've started dabbling in jewelry. Sadly, I don't have pictures to show y'all. Need to get some and get my laptop fixed up so I can show it off some.

Negative: The cold weather is making my right knee hurt. It's not all that bad (I've had it a loooot worse, trust me.), but it's still enough to be a pain in the rear end.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#82 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

Here's the beautiful sunset I got to watch the other day..
Posted Image

I was able to sit and play 3 songs at the piano earlier...
Love life.

#83 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

Oh I forgot my other happy news... I have an OR date... Weds Feb 9 with check in at 7 am... So I shouldn't be in extra pain for too much longer... Am counting down the days to get this stupid pump righted.
Love life.

#84 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

Sweeet, Stell! That's definately positive!

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#85 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

I just READ my first book in 4.5 years (haven't been able to read because it makes me feel sick but I got the new collar and feel better...)... I DEVOURED the book. It felt so good to READ and not listen to an audio book. Ufortunately the book made me extremely upset... It was "Columbine". Ugh! Those boys shoud've been in jail when the shooting happened. I had a babysitter who worked with Dylan and Eric at Blackjack's pizza. So sad....
Love life.

#86 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

God, yeah... I was in... 6th grade when that happened.

Positive: I got paid today... And I have an idea for some jewelry I want to make for a local art show. The theme is emerald, so... Just need to get the materials I need.

Posted Image

#87 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

I was in 4th grade when Columbine happened and was literally down the street from the shooting.... It's part of the reason we moved up to the "mountians" (they're technically the "foothills" but you sea level dwellers would call them mountains). Of course you can't escape these type of issues anywhere you go.... In 2006 our sister high school was taken hostage and a girl (Emily Keyes... iloveuguys.com) was shot in the head and killed.
You will have to show us what you come up with....
I'm reading "I am Legend" and devouring this as well... I read the "I am Legend" part and am now going through the short stories.... Pretty good book.
Love life.

#88 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Having some trouble getting the materials... *sighs* And the local Micheals doesn't have that great a selection of beads. But as soon as I get my lappy up, I'll post pics of what I wind up making.

Posted Image

#89 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

Having some trouble getting the materials... *sighs* And the local Micheals doesn't have that great a selection of beads. But as soon as I get my lappy up, I'll post pics of what I wind up making.

I'd take a gander at Fire Mountian Gems.... They have an AWESOME selection. It's where I buy my beads and supplies. Good prices (for what you get for $100 at micheals you can get double).... And shipping is only $5 no matter how much you order.
Love life.

#90 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

The art teacher at work also recommended them. I'll send for one of their catalogs. And I was looking at their website, they do have some good stuff.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users