378 replies to this topic

#16 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:16 AM

Here is the next pet portrait, fresh off of the eisle. I hope you enjoy it. This doggie's name was Vegas, and he is no longer with us, unfortunately. He was put down last month because he had cancer very badly. He belonged to one of my co-worker's mother. My co-worker commissioned the piece for her mother's birthday on Thursday. This is the shortest amount of time I have ever been given to do a portrait, but I met the deadline a day early. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:46 AM

you capture all the expressions, beautiful peace of art!!! :( :)
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

Beautiful, I am merging both the thread so that people can see all your creativity in one place!
Posted Image

#19 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:48 AM

Thanks Moonie, I appreciate it. You are great!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

~WHOA!!!! You're so good at this, Raven!!!! How absolutely wonderful the way in incorporate colors that are so vibrant into pictures of animals that have a color of the fur that stays "in the background". You have a great way of doing this, my friend...please, do you have anymore to show? I just love your work!!! Maybe one day I'll be asking for your autograph?? Great job!!!!!!! :) :hug:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#21 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

I do have a couple more, but I have only done a few of theses puppy portraits. I have only been painting for about four years now, and it has only been recently that I have felt like I was a true artist. This is something me and my boyfriend have been going around about lately. I feel he is a better artist than I am and he is reluctant to call himself an artist, while he quite readily calls me a brilliant artist. I think we are all our own worst critic. Posted Image

This is the first one I did for my co-worker. I did another for her but for some reason, did not get a copy of it.

Posted Image

This one is of one of my own puppies...the only one I have done so far...it is the only piece of my own artwork that I have on my walls, and ever have.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:32 PM

~See??!! Look at the way you add vibrant colors to your art. Very nice, Raven...very nice indeed!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#23 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:43 AM

Here is probably the all-time favorite portrait I have done thus far. This is the one of my brother that I did for my parents for Christmas about three years back.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:55 AM

~RAVEN!!!!!!! Oh....my....gosh, that is remarkable work!!! Yep, you definately have talent & you can add me as one of your fans!!! Got anymore to show???

#25 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:22 PM

That is about it for my portraits. I have the picture for another one that I will be doing soon and will post that as soon as it is finished. I did another puppy portrait last year, but for some reason, failed to get a copy of it before I gave it to the lady. But I will definitely post them as I do them. I have several people interested in having me do pet portraits for them. I think there is 7 in all so far. I am seriously thinking about expanding and advertising. It could become a pretty lucrative side business. I was very pleased with this portrait of my brother. And my parents were very touched. I think it was the best Christmas present I could have ever given them. I would like to do one of my other brother and then one of myself (which would be hard in my opinion) to give to them.

I am glad you are enjoying my work Laurie Ann. It has taken me such a long time to accept the term "artist" when applied to myself. My brother whom you see in the portrait was the artist in the family. My boyfriend and I still go around about whether our own work should be called "art". He has a hard time considering himself an artist too, though in technique and in vision as well, he is much more artistic than I am, and has much more training than I do.

But he hadn't picked up a pencil for almost 20 years, until he met me. And now he is drawing all of the time. It is funny. He told me that he was married to his ex for almost 20 years, and she begged and pleaded with him to draw for her, and she has NEVER seen any of his artwork. He has done more artwork since we have gotten together than she saw in 20 years. I must be his muse!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

I would like to do one of my other brother and then one of myself (which would be hard in my opinion) to give to them.

~Ummm...Norman Rockwell comes to mind. If he can do it....so can you, my friend!!! :)

#27 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

Iggy Pop
Posted Image
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#28 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

Posted Image
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

~WOW Kats!!!! Dang it...now this is cool drawing!! One of my favorite movies are the two Matrix movies...you captured the looks so well...I guess you don't need to know I'm one of your biggest fans, ya know!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users