#1 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:39 AM

Greetings to all of my Ghostvillage family:

I am estatic this moring because I managed to finish a new pet portrait that I have been meaning to work on for over a month now. But with all of the things that have happened in the past month or so, it was not possible. However, it is now finished, and I wanted to share the results with my family!

Posted Image

This is probably my most favorite pet portrait I have done so far.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:33 AM

Hi Raven,

What a fantastic piece of art! I love it, especially your use of purple and the spirit in the dog's eyes. :clap:

I think I recall you said you write poetry, as well? I know we have a poetry thread somewhere on here. It would be great if you could share some of your writing with us, too.

:)

Viv

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:13 PM

It is beautiful. Like Vivienne, I like how you gave the dog some spark. Too many portraits look "flat" or lifeless.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

:) Rocking! :clap:
Posted Image

#5 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:14 PM

Great job! What medium did you use? I also like the use of colors.

#6 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

What a great portrait. The eyes are amazing and look so real. I also love the nose and the blending technique in the background. Pets must be so hard to do and especially to make them look so realistic like you have. I have been taking an art class that my friend teaches once a week, one stroke painting, very simple. We have done some nice wine glasses and glass platters with flowers with enamel paints that get baked on. I did a lighthouse and ocean scene on a stool which came out great. I love to paint, but don't think I could do people or pets. :clap: Congrats on that nice portrait.

Edited by GhostCat, 24 February 2007 - 08:15 PM.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#7 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:43 AM

Thank you all....I quite honestly amaze myself sometimes, since I have only had one art class way back in High School and that was 25 years ago. My boyfriend, Hedley, who is a very well trained artist, having taken many an art class throughout his schooling, also seems impressed with the way I do the eyes. I can't even really tell you how I do things, since, when I paint, I feel I am not in control of what I do. It is like something else takes over and I don't even realize what I am doing. I love painting portraits, especially pets. I am next going to try taking my camera to the zoo and do some wild animal paintings. I think that will be fun.

Viv, I will try looking for the poetry thread and post some of my writing as well.

Raven
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:19 AM

Link for KGDG 3....

http://www.ghostvill...hp?showforum=16

Can you believe we're up to 4 already. There certainly are some great artists here!
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#9 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:44 AM

Heres a few quick shots from Gallery 3.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#10 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

:clap: Those are incredible, you really have a great artistic gift. My favorite is the last one.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#11 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

All I can say is "wow" Kats! These are awesome!

#12 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:59 AM

Raven: You do wonderful work. I love the picture. I'm sure it took a long time. I know it would take me years. Since I don't have the ability to draw anything more than stick people. LOL
I am also on a project of my own. I'm making a blanket for my husband. Crochetting is so relaxing for me. I still have alot of work to do on the blanket. I'm a few weeks behind. We got busy painting the living room n such, I've put my hook and yarn down for a bit. In about a month or so I should have it done. I'll snap a picture of it and put up.
Right now, I have to get this living room complete.
Good luck with more drawings. I'll be watching for your posts.

God Bless you
Posted Image

#13 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:41 PM

Bravo Raven !!!! ;)

#14 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

Wowww Raven, you have great talent... is a beautiful !! :Wall: :clap: keep it up... :)
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#15 cooldude

cooldude

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:i like basketball tv ramen my friends and alot of other stuff

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

i like it.it reminds me of my dog kinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users