Help with Adobe Photoshop 7.0

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:31 PM

Does anyone use this? It was my first time using this today. I captured something in a cemetery the other day. I can put photo into Adobe Photoshop and zoom in on the image, but I cannot figure out how to save it as a zoomed in image. Every time I save it, it just saves it as the original photo and not zoomed in. Alot of you post photos that are "zoomed in". Any info. will be helpful, as I am clueless on this and can't wait to post the photo I have. Thanks.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

GhostCat, try this method:

my original image:
Posted Image

Select the area you want to zoom:
Posted Image

Crop the selection:
Posted Image

Here is the cropped selection as an image:
Posted Image

Select the Image Size option:
Posted Image

Enter the value you need to rezize the image:
Posted Image

The zoomed(resized) image:
Posted Image

Hope this helps!
Posted Image

#3 GhostCat

GhostCat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

Thanks, I have been able to get that far with a resized image. The problem is when I save it. I save it as "save as" and save to a file, however, when I open file, it is not the resized photo but the original one.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

Did you check the FILE NAME that you are saving? Sorry asking a stupid question, but check the destination where you are saving file, the file name you are using etc etc. And also I always use SAVE FOR WEB option, where I can optimize the images.
Posted Image

#5 GhostCat

GhostCat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:39 PM

I got it figured out, it worked. Thanks so much

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

Glad to be of help! Also keep in mind that, as is the case of any software, the method I mentioned is only one method, which I am comfortable with. As you get accustomed with the software options more, I am sure you will find a way which suits your ways.

Edited by MoonChild, 24 February 2007 - 02:45 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users