Hearing voices...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 KCLPN

KCLPN

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:13 AM

HIya everyone! I have a question for you all. I have be hearing and feeling spirits since I can remember. I have only actually seen spirits once and that was when I was 6 yrs old(32 yrs ago)
  My question is this...for those who have encounters of any kind do you find that there are certain places that are more active for you personally?
  For me it is cemetaries. I hear voices coming from almost every cemetary I walk by.  The older the cemetary the more I hear. I have learned to tune them out as it is very distracting and overwhelming sometimes. The funniest thing I heard was someone complaining about their flower arrangement. I was visiting my friend and we were walking past a cemetary and I heard the complaint and started laughing. I told my friend what I heard and later that day after I  went home she walked back up to the cemetary and saw flowers in pots stacked up in the shape of a pyramid that was huge and overbearing near a headstone. She said she knew right away that was the one being complained about. LOL... :)

KC  :)

• Guests

Posted 20 May 2003 - 03:21 PM

[glow=blue,2,300]the only places i feel a presence is the living room, my bedroom, and the bathroom and i usually get the feeling of a presence when i'm alone. i avoid those places as much as possible but...hey...i live here so i can't get away from it. lol
   i have never really heard a ghost speak. i want to but i think it would freak me out too much.[/glow]

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 May 2003 - 03:40 PM

We have had "feelings"quite often in our house.  Last night we got 2 EVP's in our basement and while down there I felt a cold spot.  It was very cold and I felt it on my back and right arm.  I had to move away from it.  By the way if you would like to hear the evp's I can mail them to you.  Just message me and I will get them to you.  I find them very interesting and I would like to hear from you if they resemble the voices that you "hear". ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:35 PM

Hi KC,

I know what you are talking about when you mention feeling spirits, I have only recently had a few times where they spoke audibly to me also.  Cemeteries are good places to research, I have a couple near me that seem to "call out" to me when I pass by.  I have had results at these cemeteries.  For me, the spirits are much stronger at night, or in the dark.  Is it the same for you?  Just curious.

Old business buildings, theatres, historic old mansions would seem a logical place to look.  Personally the haunted Wayne theatre is one of the most active buildings that I have had the opportunity to visit.  I suspect the spirits see the place as it once was and are pursuing the same pleasures there that they did in life.  Just speculation. :)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#5 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 21 May 2003 - 05:00 AM

flying...oh yeah, I agree that they like to frequent those old buildings for whatever reason pleasure, unfinished business whatever.  The only time that I can remember "hearing voices" is when I was a security guard at the Northrup King seed company in Minneapolis.  It was huge and probably one of the spookyest places I've ever been in.  They moved and only had some offices there so the entire rest of the place was empty.  I wish I could go back now that I am into the paranormal and investigate.  I don't really ever "hear" anything from cemeteries, maybe I've grown dense to it but I do get those tingly being watched feelings.

#6 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 05:14 AM

Hi KRC,

You probably didn't look forward too much to your rounds at the seed building! LOL  I am sure the spirits had alot of fun at your expense.  Armed with what you now know it would be an interesting investigation indeed if you could get back there.

The Wayne theatre was built early in the vaudeville era and has a rich history as a speakeasy.  Originally it had an attached hotel and bowling alleys in the basement, probably where the drinks were served.  It is in the process of restoration at present.  The projection booth and the basement where the actors had their rooms are extremely active.  The orchestra pit is also interesting.  Anyone interested can go to the "Links" section of my web site and find the link to the Wayne theatre.  I love that place! ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 05:22 AM

flying,

I will check out your link on your site for sure.  Do you think that the renovation is possibly stirring up even more activity?  Can you get in now?  Also, were there many documented deaths there?  With that type of history I'm sure there must have been, violent too.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they had tons of fun with me there!!  They played me like a cheap violin!!LOL ;D

#8 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:07 PM

Hi KRC,

I believe it was at the start of the renovations that activity was noticed, if I am remembering it correctly that would indeed make sense.

There was at least one death that I know of.  A stage hand fell out of the overhead and died on the stage;  However, with the colorful history there are probably more that met their demise at the theatre, or the attached hotel.  I do have some shots of the Wayne on my site where we were interacting with spirits in the basement and on the stage.  They closed it up for the winter, but I am sure we will revisit the place sometime this summer.  I've been there twice and its never disappointing! :)

#9 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:22 PM

flying...I've seen the pics on your site...they are great!  I am planning a trip to my dad's in Indiana this summer...maybe if I extended it a couple of days and detoured....I could possibly check it out!!! ;D

#10 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 06:30 PM

Cool,  when I meet with our group again in a few weeks I'll try and get a tentative date.  When are you going to be in Indiana? :)

#11 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 03:50 AM

I am not exactly sure there are a few factors that I have to wait a few weeks or so.  As soon as I find out I will let you know! ;D

#12 KCLPN

KCLPN

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 01:17 PM

HIya Flying,

I have not visited a cemtary in the dark in a long, long time but I am sure that they would make themselves loud and clear at night.  :o
I have heard them mostly in the daytime. But the spirits I saw were at night and when I was visited by a spirit it was at night.

KC  :)

#13 KCLPN

KCLPN

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:17 AM

Anyone know/surmise why the spirits come out mostly at nite? Can you tell that I am still in the early learning phases? LOL...

Thanks,
KC  :-)

#14 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 06:00 PM

Hi KC,

As a whole we know so little about whats beyond the dark veil, we all are in the early learning stages and the only experts are dead.

I have a couple of thoughts as to why the spirits I have encountered seem stronger at night.

Perhaps, the full spectrum of daytime sun is uncomfortable to them, or perhaps they are "washed out" in the daylight so we do not perceive them.  For sure our primary input to the brain is visual during the day.  

Maybe at night/dark we are forced to pay attention with our other senses as vision is greatly reduced?  Only a theory, what do you others think? :-/

#15 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 07:04 PM

flying...I agree with you on your theory.  I think that our senses are "heightened" at night as we are more aware. ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users