Why do we investigate cemeteries?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:27 PM

Camille....haven't heard that story before!  I am a writer so often things like this get my creative juices bubbling! LOL
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#32 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:22 PM

You're a writer?  Excellent!  What kind of things have you penned?  It must be like a full time job, from what I've been told...especially the research, but that can sometimes be the most intriguing part, right?

There are some other writers on these boards, like Alsie R. (check out the "Vampire's Anyone?" thread) and Randystreu.  

So, got any spooky materials we can all take a peek at?  [smiley=cwm31.gif]
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#33 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:26 PM

thanks for putting in a good word for me camille.

hey seakla, i've heard the grave robber's waking up the "dead" woman by trying to cut off her finger before. i think i read it in "belle prater's boy" by ruth white. have you read about mercy brown, while we're on the topic of people being buried alive? that's a good mix of vampires and premature burials. anyway, looking forward to reading more of your posts. they're pretty interesting so far.  ;D
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#34 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:44 PM

Thanks Alsie!  I haven't heard that story you mentioned.  But did read one, a true story supposedly, of a woman who was betrothed to a man she didn't want to marry, she had a lover she wanted to marry but because he was of a lower class it wasn't allowed.  Well, she gets a sudden illness and "died".   Her lover was so upset that he went to her grave.  He either dug her up or heard her screams.  So, after she was rescued by him they went back to town and were allowed to get married since her betrothal was technically null and void because of her "death."

Camille....I have won runner-up for an Alfred Hitchcock contest, I have some filler pieces in Woman's Day and Family Fun.  Also an feature article in Domestique.  I also did research and writing on Urban Legends at www.ulrc.com.au.  I am also dilly-dallying around with short stories, they are my faves to write and most of them are horror.  I want to do a novel but just haven't settled on which idea I want to work on.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#35 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:44 PM

By the way....the little signature at the bottom of my posts is something I wrote.

#36 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

Excellent!  I'll search for the Urban Legends article...that's right up my alley.  What is the title of your article?

Nice job on the siggie, btw.  8)

P.S., I know you and Alsie must be busy, but, perhaps you might be interested in publishing/writing an article for GV?
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#37 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:58 PM

camille,
       never thought about that...i'd really really like to. so who would i contact to try and get that set up?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#38 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:49 PM

[glow=red,2,300][move]Hello, Seakla and welcome to GV ;D[/move][/glow]

Good to have another writer here 8)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#39 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:26 PM

Thanks!  I am happy to be here!

Camille, I would be interested in writing something.  Just let me know the guidlines and who to contact.  I have 2 articles at that website:  Hooked on Murder and Murder in the Dark.

Let me know what you think!

#40 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:39 PM

ditto with me camille. i'm really excited about the idea.

#41 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:48 PM

Seakla & Alsie,

Here's a link to the submissions guidelines:

http://www.ghostvill...submissions.htm

You may also send an email inquiry to info@ghostvillage.com

#42 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:53 PM

whoa! with so many writers around I guess I may need to sharpen my word skills! ;D
Posted Image

#43 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:23 AM

You might want to do that moonchild... because my little red pen is always itching to edit! LOL

#44 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:40 AM

*Bats lashes*You edit, Seakla?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#45 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:48 AM

** runs with his writings, hides and peeks if seakla is behind! ** :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users