71 replies to this topic

#61 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:44 AM

Another writer!  Welcome, Bluemonkey.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#62 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:02 AM

[glow=blue,2,300][move]Hullo, Bluemonkey and welcome to GV ;D[/move][/glow]

Good to have another writer here ;) WOW..I never thought of that, an Underworld, like the Greeks where all spirits go and reward/punishment is basically a pocket dimension of Hades?

If I may ask, Blue, what made you decide that your character couldn't go far from her grave...or is it like the ghost story Violet, where they have to return?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#63 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:49 AM

There is probably some validity to ghosts staying near their body.  This is our mode of transport, at least in this life.  It's what we know as "home" in many circumstances.  If you look at it from the standpoint that our soul/spirit is some form of energy left over or perhaps even better described as "unrestricted", then perhaps the idea that somehow there is a draw or a tie to the more physical flesh/tissue that the soul has from it being isolated in that body for so long.  Maybe it's kind of like a security blanket to many people.  Afterall, the body is a center of attention for many, many people.  Others however, don't see the same attachment (not necessarily vane) to their body.  

I suppose, you could have quite the mix or combination of people in a cemetery.  It could be pure chance that you have some people that are all buried around ech other that were more attached to the physical self compared to say another cemetery.  That's probably one profil of a cemetery that will be very difficult if not impossible to come bay- The psychological makeup of the people that were buried there LOL!  HAHAH! now that I think about it, it would be neat to see a mapping of a cemetery based o ntheir pschological profiles.  LOL!  I'm being strange  but hey, I live for being strange.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#64 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:09 AM

Hey, Akthra, You may actually have a very valid point there
and it is a really cool EVP Question...this trip's going to be much cool ;D ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#65 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:34 AM

You bet Whisper, LOTS of questions are going to be asked on this trip.

I Just think it's impossible to get that kind of a profile.  That's not public info that anyone can just pick up at your county clerk lol.  I dunno, I wonder how you could go about getting that kind of info.

SOOOO many questions to ask   ;D

#66 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:59 PM

Some very interesting points!

Welcome to GV Diamond and Blue Monkey!
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#67 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:44 PM

Akthra, that's what I think, man, since Buehl's got graves dating back to the 1820's, you also kind of risk the spirit
not remembering information, especially if they weren't socialized, as well as the fact that they may not be honest
in answering. I do like the idea of doing this with Roy, he's used to investigators and seems more or less communicative ;D

#68 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:36 AM

So true!  Quite honestly, I think they will try to give you wrong info on a regular basis.  As you said, some aren't very sociable either.  I think in many cases, it would take a lot of work to open them up to conversation.  It would take lots of work to develop a sense of trust.

I must say though, it all makes you wonder why some cemeteries are calm, quiet, and generally a good indication of what the place is all about.  Other places such as KarenSue's site, seem to hold more that what can be seen.  You just got have to wonder why.  Getting those truthful answers will be a chore though!

#69 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:26 PM

Thayer's is a really good point, is it the fact that something BAD happened there that got its inhabitants so riled, Bachelor's Grove and Soops in Mich<all very active, have been the site of dark rituals and murders>but why Buhl? Old Hibbing had been moved back in 1925 to make room for a mine's expansion and I suspect since that was the oldest cemetary in the area and some of the families may have died off or moved away so couldn't be contacted or just didn't care, a lot of old coffins and plots were destroyed...hmmmmm

#70 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:43 PM

It could be a sense of knowing or thinking that something might happen. When the cemetery was built,(with the hotel nearby;))you can pretty mich bet that there was NOTHING around there. ALl that building, be it grocery stores, houses, etc, you can BET that there's been a disrupting of the 'sleeping' and they're roaming around, either madder than hell about their resting place, or wanting to communicate with someone. Plus, some cemeteries have really cool decorations, or are so old that temptation to investigate is too great, or they have legends or stories to go along with it. I think it's mostly curiosity. There's a cemetery in Linn County, KS I believe, where there's a church on one side of the highway, and a cemetery across the street, just a small, gravel road, that looks like it's been there since 1800. The windows are broken and the door looks like it's boarded up. I'd like to take pictures, but I'm always afraid of getting caught.  

#71 Syt2C

Syt2C

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Location:x0|Wisconsin|USA||0|0|WI,Wisconsinx0|Wisconsin|USA||0|0|WI,Wisconsin

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:53 PM

It is my (very small) opinion that the reason that people generally attribute graveyards with hauntings is that we, the living, have a hang-up... What I mean is... I think the living have a hard time separating the body from the spirit so it is natural for us to consciously or unconsciously believe that a graveyard was bound to have ghosts.  I for one tend to think that most graveyard hauntings really are the spirits of people who use to come visit a grave - and for whom the experience was one worth remembering (haunting).  So to me, it stands to reason that the ghost you feel hanging around a grave is rarely that of the body actually occupying the grave.

#72 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:05 PM

[move][glow=red,2,300]Welcome to GV Syt2C ;)[/glow][/move]

Enjoy your stay ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users