Facing Mirrors

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 ~*Jazzy*~

~*Jazzy*~

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal happenings...and being able to discuss odd things without people running at you with a straight jacket!!<br /><br />Places I've had the luxury of investigating:<br /><br />Waverly Hills (Louisville, Kentucky)<br />Moundsville State Pen (West Virginia)<br />Prospect Mansion (Ohio)

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:26 PM

Speaking of mirrors, what's everyone's take on Bloody Mary? Not "Bloody" Mary Queen of Scots, but the urban legend. And the use of mirrors in regards to her? Guess it'd be a mistake to chant her name in the dark either in front of a mirror or holding one? Thought I'd ask.

Yes Jerome, I have heard of this and I have done this, only we didn't call her Bloody Mary, we called her Mary Wirth. (unless there are 2 totally different things that I didn't know about).
The way we did it was we held a candle or flashlight under our chin in a dark room while looking in a mirror and said "I believe in Mary Wirth" 3 times. All but one time it was just a good way to scare ourselves. I do however remember one time my aunts brother in law getting shoved very hard into the wall and he almost dropped the candle. Of course all us scaredy cat girls ran out of the room screaming! As an adult, I had a lot of major paranormal experiences in that same house so I can't say that Mary Wirth was what caused him to hit the wall. Matter of fact, it was THAT house that got me so interested in the paranormal! :Spaz:
Posted Image Thanks Aloha!!!The MAN on the cover of GQ that is in my profile pic is the LOVE of my life!

#17 Chrltt

Chrltt

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Urban Legends, taking photoes, the sims2, but theres so many to think of

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:55 PM

the portal thing sounds interesting. Even though it's something I'd like to get scared over, I just hope its a myth because I do it all the time to check my hair, haha.

#18 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:13 PM

Two mirrors facing each other is part of the symbolism used in Mormon weddings. The bride and groom kneel across an altar with a mirror hung on the walls behind them. The mirrors are positioned such that it appears you are gazing into the eternities.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#19 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

If the portal thing were true, then hair salons would be one of the most haunted places on earth...
Love life.

#20 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

If the portal thing were true, then hair salons would be one of the most haunted places on earth...

:clap: Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

Speaking of mirrors, what's everyone's take on Bloody Mary? Not "Bloody" Mary Queen of Scots, but the urban legend. And the use of mirrors in regards to her? Guess it'd be a mistake to chant her name in the dark either in front of a mirror or holding one? Thought I'd ask.

When I was in Jr hIgh a bunch of us girls would lock ourselves in the girls restroom durring lunch sometimes and turn the hot water on high in all the sinks and turn off the lights, all hold hands and close our eyes and say Bloody Mary 3 times. Then open our eyes. I think that we mostly just scared ourselves silly most of the time. And then the typical mass histeria thing not to mention that if other girls had to use the bathroom they couldn't get inside,lol
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users