Last Book I Read for Leisure

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Boudica Dreaming the Wolf, hard book to read if its anything like the first two in the series.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 Catlara

Catlara

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Interests:Lots!~lol

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows the other day! I have to say, It was fantastic! :weeee:

#48 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:10 PM

Books select me. I some times enter a book store looking for specific subjects. Rarely do I find any thing that strikes my fancy. I search the internet on subject matter. Again, it's rare that I find some thing that looks like I would enjoy reading it or would gain perspective. Garage sales is where I find most books. I'll be drawn specifically to a book. Usually the cover does not appeal to me, but it sort of jumps out at me and I feel a compulsion to buy it. For the bargain prices I usually buy it any way thinking if I don't like it I can always pass it along to some one who might. Almost always the books I am not anxious about reading turn out to be specific to my interests and my needs toward growth and expansion. Just the thing I need. I like books, a lot, so when I want to find one and can't I am usually dissapointed. I do try to accept that the book I need will find me when my time to interact with it is right. It does.

#49 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:35 PM

finished "Psychic Development for Beginners," by William Hewitt bout a month ago.

Now reading "Ask Your Guides," by Sonia Choquette.

Next, "Night of the Radishes," by Sandra Benitez.

I love summer. During the school year while I'm teaching, I'm just to darned tired to read anything other than history books, which I find very interesting, but not the same as reading purley for enjoyment!

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#50 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:45 AM

Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows myself yesterday. It was wonderful.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:00 PM

Lol I got the Deathly Hollows book saturday dinner read it by bedtime, I love the harry potter books but they are too simple to read. Good for a rest between books though! Fantastic story line aswel, my next door neighbour said to me yesterday "You should become a author, theres some money in that business you know."

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:54 PM

Lol I got the Deathly Hollows book saturday dinner read it by bedtime, I love the harry potter books but they are too simple to read. Good for a rest between books though! Fantastic story line aswel, my next door neighbour said to me yesterday "You should become a author, theres some money in that business you know."

Alright Hermione....give the rest of us a break, just because we cant read a 700 page book between dinner and bedtime. I suppose your idea of a light read is War and Peace :)

I enjoyed it, but unfortunately, I had to work all weekend, and was not able to devote as much time to just reading through it like I wanted to. With The Half Blood Prince, I read it in one night because I was off work and could devote the time to just reading.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:02 AM

How dare you call me Hermione, if Im like anyone in that book, its Looney Luna Lovegood :) lol, too lighthearted to be Hermione, despite my book fetish :P

#54 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:32 AM

Lol I got the Deathly Hollows book saturday dinner read it by bedtime,

Gee, I thought I was good for devouring those 757 pages in 9 hours. I went to a huge party, stood in line for an hour, rushed home, then finished it before taking a nap Saturday morning.

I ordered an utlra-deluxe edition of The Hobbit to refresh my mind of the details. I'm optimistic about Peter Jackson being in talks with New Line again - it wouldn't be the same if someone else turned this masterpiece into a movie.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#55 woebetide mourn

woebetide mourn

Makes fun of dolls of ugly old guys

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:History, Art, Science, People, Religion, Ideas, Nature, Animals, Earth.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:45 AM

Hehe, i started the last Harry Potter book.. But with getting my first baby pet rat.. I've been too busy to finish it.. ): No clue what i've read recently besides starting that..

woe

#56 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:19 AM

The Walking Drum by Louis L'Amour

Fascinating historical novel which takes place in the 12th century. The main character is Mat Kerbouchard. The book starts with Mat arriving at his home to find his mother murdered and homestead in Brittany by Baron de Taillefeur. Mat's father, a famous corsair, had been on a voyage for over a year and reports from Cyprus said he was dead. Mat must take a trip across Europe to see if his father is still alive, and if so, return to Brittany and deal revenge on the evil Baron. Mat has many adventures and misadventures in being a pirate, scholar, lover, physician, merchant, soldier, and slave (but not necessarily in that order). He makes powerful allies and enemies (perhaps he should not have been alone for so long with the fiancée of Prince Ahmad).

Like most of L'Amour's other works, this book is geared towards young adults.

8 stars out of 10.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#57 sasori3

sasori3

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

cirque du freak: the vampires assitant

short but great
i chose the wrong path, but this time i will change the rules, i will turn around and go back to where i came from. And from there make my own path

#58 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

During my vacation at the end of July/begining of August, I read all 7 Harry Potter books. For the first time. I was off for a week and I finished all 7 books in a week.

See? I'm smart. I waited until she published the last in the series, then picked them all up and read from PS through to DH. :chainsaw: No waiting inbetween installments!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users