Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What started your interest in the paranormal?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: What got you started?

How did your curiosity get peaked?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

Funny, how little things trigger! Good to hear from all you people.
Posted Image

#17 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:50 PM

I don't think there was any one thing that started it for me. As a child, my grandmother would tell me stories of things she had experienced. She always let me know that these were not made-up stories, but real life occurances. The way they were told never scared me. Over the years, other things would happen, and my mother and grandmother would tell me about them in a matter-or-fact way. As an adult, I've always been drawn to the supernatural, be it movies, books, etc. When I heard that a friend had a paranormal investigation group, I couldn't wait to join.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:57 PM

Yeah Crone, my paternal Grand Mother used to tell me lot of stories too, and she infact got me this book of Vampires,
Posted Image

#19 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:36 PM

Moonie, aren't grandmothers just the greatest? We probably wouldn't be posting here without them! :headbang:

Edited by Crone, 06 April 2007 - 09:38 PM.

Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#20 Shea

Shea

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Tractor pulling, paranormal, singing, reading, writing, NASCAR

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

I myself had a weird experience and wanted to learn more. Later I was told my my aunt that she was a psychic and that I may inherit the gene. The way things are going, I have inherited it.
The Days of Happiness Have Ended,The Days of Thunder Have Begun, Shea has Been Born.

#21 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:46 AM

I have always had a fascination with the unexplained, having been fortune enough to experience a spirit encounter in 2004. (recently posted the encounter, hopefully it will make the cut). Books and movies as a child only fuel my passion to understand what science or religion could not. Hopefully, one day in the future, we will have a greater realization of exactly what spirits and ghosts truly are, but until then, the draw of exploring and researching such a diverse and controversial topic will be Siren's call.
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#22 John Latter

John Latter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Evolution, Psychology, Social Psychology

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:14 AM

I was exploring a closed underground tunnel complex and some of the photos had orbs (solid and transparent and one had mistines/smokiness.

John Latter

Posted Image Spot the Ghost!

Posted Image Blue Orb 1, and: Posted Image Blue Orb 2

#23 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:28 AM

The "normal"...

(and "none of the "above", too)
SpiritDoc

#24 inquisitive

inquisitive

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Most aspects of the paranormal, excluding perhaps UFO's.

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

Mine is a combination of things, I'll try and make this quick.
I was born April 14th, the Titanic hit the ice berg on my birthday, so I've always had an avid interest in it. There are urban legends about the Titanic, like it had a cursed mummy aboard. I read these legends as a small child, in collections of other weird tales and legends and that lead me to ghost stories. Plus I lived close to an ancient indian burial ground and an old settler's cemetary, so I was experiancing weird stuff anyway. Plus my mom grew up in a haunted house and she and her sisters would tell me true stories. Learning of ghosts lead me to other aspects of the paranormal, and made me more receptive to everything, which made me want to learn more about more.

#25 NightNGaleX3x

NightNGaleX3x

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Being complicated. Seems to be a talent of mine and I stick to it without conscious thought.

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

I believe there was no event or thought that "started" my interest in the paranormal. I've never not believed in ghosts and I never asked myself if I did or not? It's always been just like "common knowledge" for me. Ever since I was very little I have always used my "gut" for things and have always been aware that there are things that lurk unseen. I guess you could say the knowledge of "paranormal" existence was just built in.

Edited by NightNGaleX3x, 21 April 2007 - 08:18 PM.

#26 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:54 PM

Hmm, well... perhaps it was the conversation I had with my deceased grandfather when I was seven, but I think it was even before that...

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#27 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

I didn't vote because I am not sure. I have been fascinated with ghosts/supernaural ever since I can remember. Everything slightly macabre has held a fascination for me but I don't know where, why orwhen it all started. I remember watching horror movies as young as 4th and 5th grade.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#28 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

I dont know were my interest came from... Is that wierd??

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

From as far back as my mind can carry me...
I have always been interested because of what I could see and hear.
~Bellarose :ghost:

#30 Evil Doll

Evil Doll

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:We stole countries! That's how you build an empire. We stole countries with the cunning use of flags! Sail halfway around the world, stick a flag in. &quot;I claim India for Britain.&quot; And they're going, &quot;You can't claim us. We live here! There's five hundred million of us.&quot; &quot;Do you have a flag?&quot; &quot;We don't need a flag, this is our country you b*stard!&quot; - Eddie Izzard

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

When i was younger me and a couple of friends decided to go in an old school building that hasn't been used for about 60 years now. While leaving the house for some reason i stopped and looked back up at the top of the building on the top floor. There were 3 young girls stood in the window looking out at us then a split second later they were gone.

That's what first got me interested. :clap:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users