Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What started your interest in the paranormal?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: What got you started?

How did your curiosity get peaked?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 EAGLE

EAGLE

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunts-ghost stories-mediums- other phsyics-knowing truth of the ANDS IFS AND WHYS...EAGLE

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:05 PM

After some conversations with friends, I got curious as to what was the origin of people's interest in such things as ghosts, evps, things that go bump in the night.

Please don't go into long explanations; just a short reply so we don't end up listing all the details that should go into the Personal Encounters thread.

got a past life regression done at a store and some things started to happen around me,too me....it opened me some how,to things like a different kinda of sense i guess or gift....Terrance/Eagle

#32 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:24 AM

There sure are a lot of interesting replies here. I hope that you will all share, in more detail, your initial experience in Personal Encounters. What's really interesting here is that no one voted for 'I don't believe'.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#33 anthonycashmere

anthonycashmere

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:16 PM

All,

I believe in all things paranormal because of all the personal experiences I have had regarding the subject. All I can really say, is seeing, sensing, and feeling is believing.

Peace

Anthony

#34 EAGLE

EAGLE

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunts-ghost stories-mediums- other phsyics-knowing truth of the ANDS IFS AND WHYS...EAGLE

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

All,

I believe in all things paranormal because of all the personal experiences I have had regarding the subject. All I can really say, is seeing, sensing, and feeling is believing.

Peace

Anthony

i agree,life is about finding truth in all things......i use 2 be a die in the whool SKEPTIC,and now im a spiritual reader... :) :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

#35 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:43 AM

I gotta give credit to In Search Of. When I was 9 or 10 years old I saw an episode all about the Sasquatch and I was hooked. Ran down to the local library, read every book they had about Sasquatch, and then went to ghosts, cryptozoology, esp, all that stuff. Kinda lost interest for quite awhile, got into other things. Then when I got a computer, there was the internet, and I was off again. Been around ever since.

#36 EAGLE

EAGLE

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:25 AM

I gotta give credit to In Search Of. When I was 9 or 10 years old I saw an episode all about the Sasquatch and I was hooked. Ran down to the local library, read every book they had about Sasquatch, and then went to ghosts, cryptozoology, esp, all that stuff. Kinda lost interest for quite awhile, got into other things. Then when I got a computer, there was the internet, and I was off again. Been around ever since.

AND LIFE JUST GET BETTER,and more INTERESTING....

#37 Amadan

Amadan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:07 AM

I was born

#38 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

My mom always believed and practiced wicca with a group of women in the early 70s. When I was 9 I made a voodoo doll of a boy who was bothering me in school and on the bus. Everything I did to the doll happened to him and he ended up in the hospital. I felt bad and never did that again. Did levitation as a teenager and ended up in a trance where I don't remember anything, but friends told of weird stuff. To this day I hear things and see things out of the corner of my eye. My daughter has a dark male spirit attached to her and cabinet doors open and close in my kitchen when no one is in there. I'm a believer, lots of deja vu, know who's on the phone (before caller id), and now this site, I'm a confirmed believer.
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#39 BellaDonna

BellaDonna

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:06 AM

I'd been a skeptic - but have recently needed to find my spiritual side to cope with an emotional loss.

#40 andy1962

andy1962

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal,Martial Arts,Fishing,Soccer<br />and of course my family.

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:49 PM

Purely because my home is Haunted. :hug2:
So many questions,too few answers.

#41 John Latter

John Latter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Evolution, Psychology, Social Psychology

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

Purely because my home is Haunted. :hug2:

That'll do it! :hug:

John Latter

Ghost 1: Posted Image Posted Image Ghost 2: Posted Image Posted Image Spooky! Posted Image

#42 Nixie

Nixie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

For me it was a combination of the following two choices:
I saw something once that I didn't understand.
I heard strange noises that had no explanation.
But I could only pick one so I went with the "saw something" one.

#43 pacer

pacer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Im a big TAPS fan. Also love the show Jericho. I ride quads and love fast cars.

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:49 AM

I saw my grandmother ghost when I was very young and lived in a haunted house
for 11 years. Its been a interest of mine ever since.
Posted ImageRIVERBEND PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION SOCIETYhttp://www.myspace.com/rpis

#44 colkel

colkel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, cooking, travel, history

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

:clap: Having grown up in a haunted house (i.e., constant footsteps overhead, disappearing objects, bells ringing behind walls, and an apparition of a woman seen regularly by both family members and visitors), being a "believer" was never a choice - it was just a part of life. My current house is just as active, though more sinister, and I've been speaking with Lorraine Warren about a possible investigation.

#45 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

I have memories of seeing and hearing things, in every house we lived in since I was 3-4 years old. My mother, I believe, now, was frightened by my reports. I quickly learned to keep quiet about it all.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users