Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What started your interest in the paranormal?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: What got you started?

How did your curiosity get peaked?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:47 AM

I of course like many others have been interested in the paranormal since I was a kid. I didn't start getting into researching until I moved into a house that had activity. There were many strange occurances. I called a local group.. They actually never came and investigated but they got me on my way to becoming an investigator myself. I haven't stopped since!!
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#62 Spirit_Chaser

Spirit_Chaser

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

I have been seeing spirit since I can remember (when I was around 3 yrs. old). Until the last couple of years, I asked them to leave or asked if they needed something and that was that. Five years ago I moved into my current house which is haunted and couldn't get them to leave so, I decided to investigate. Long story, they are still here but they no longer bother me much. We have agreed to live together more peacefully.

Anyhow, I have been doing some other investigations around town with a couple of friends and have turned up some interesting stuff. I think it's a part of my calling.

#63 sherbear65

sherbear65

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

Even though I voted the second option...I really can't explain it. Ever since I was very small...it started with my some how know when I was little that I had lived before. I would wake up from dreams that were like I was dreaming about my previous life or wherever I was before now. I would wake up BAD_WORD off and a little shocked. Like my thinking was "Oh man, I am alive again." Without even understandin what I was saying I said exactly that upon waking up once when I was really young...I mean maybe between 7 and 8 years old. Then that was followed by me constantly feeling that something was in my room with me. I could feel someone near me and some times close. As a child it really freaked me out. I would hide under the covers and sleep like that even in the summer when it was hot because I could feel someones presence and my parents wouldn't let me sleep with the light on. It was like torture. I will never do that to my son. When he asks me to leave the light on, I do cause I understand.

#64 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:02 AM

I have an amendment to make to why I got into the paranormal. I posted this on the Paranormal Media forum, but the thing that fueled my fire was a show called 'Creature Features'. This Bay Area late night show used have old B-rated horror movies, but watching it made me go to the library to research more, and so it began from there!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#65 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:51 AM

I saw a library book about it in grade school, and proceeded to devour lots of other books on the subject. Have been fascinated by the subject ever since.

#66 GothInk

GothInk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:11 AM

The "normal"...

(and "none of the "above", too)

I have to agree with SD. I went to vote but there was no response that fitted how I got involved. I have always experienced these things and thought they were normal and that everyone sees/hears/ experiences it too. :Spaz: My first experience happened before I was born, while I was still in my mother's womb...and I still have clear memories of it.
Posted Image

#67 Buddharat

Buddharat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music (listening and attempting to make)<br />Films (watching and attempting to make)<br />Books (reading and attempting to write)<br />All Things Paranormal<br />

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:12 AM

I saw a ghost when I was eight and ever since I've been researching them ever since.

I actually thought the ghost was my sister at first (my sister had the bottom of our bunk beds). One night I awoke to see the outline of someone staring at me while leaning up against the bed.

"It's late Amanda," I said while rolling over to face the opposite direction. "What do you want?"

A second later my sister groggily said from below me, "What are you talking about Frank? Why are you waking me up?"

I turned back around the the shadow was gone.

I didn't sleep the rest of that night. Since then I listened intently to ghost stories, read all I could and later on in life, started doing investigations of my own.

Edited by Buddharat, 09 August 2007 - 05:12 AM.

#68 SD_Bolts_gal

SD_Bolts_gal

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

I have believed in the paranormal ever since I can remember. I had an "experience" when I was very young. I still remember it vividly. I have seen "things" my entire life. Some places that I go I don't even want to enter the buildings because I get that feeling.

Psychic ability runs in my family, but I have been leery of trying to tap into it, as my mother had a very bad experience that still frightens me. Of course she was using a ouija board. But she was touched by something that would not allow her to come out of a trance. My father could not bring her out of it, he called our Pastor who came right over. It was hours of praying before she was "let go of" by what ever had her. She told us that she felt surrounded by darkness and was unaware how long she was away from us.

Needless to say she burned that board, and she was warned by the Pastor to stop dabbling in things she has no control over. Which she did. She still had dreams that if dreamed three times came true, still does but she ignores all other signals that she receives.

I know when something is around, I get a feeling like my whole body becomes charged and is on overload. At times this still frightens me. Other times I am fine with it and it just makes me curious.

I would love to get into investigations, but don't have any local groups where I live. I watch everything I can on the paranormal and read everything that I can get my hands on. My husband was a skeptic until he had his own experience when he was pushed while alone in our bedroom. Now he is as interested as I have always been.

#69 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:My husband<br />My dogs (puggle and golden retreiver)<br />New cities<br />Sports<br />USMC<br />Paranormal<br />Xray<br />Beach<br />Summer<br />

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

Its just always been around my family. Brought up around it. Had my first "real" experience when I was maybe 9.
"It didnt feel like the pain had weakend over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it " RIP Amanda Taylor"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret." Robert E Lee

#70 shdwmnkyX

shdwmnkyX

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

In my youth I had lived in several haunted houses. I began studying and never looked back. Truth be told I am more comfortable with the paranormal than I am with much of modern society.
"I fear my enthusiasm flags when real work is demanded of me." -HP Lovecraft

#71 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

I have always believed in ghosts. It was just okay and accepted to believe in ghosts in my family. I have the first experience that I remember when I was 3 years old.
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

#72 Sora

Sora

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:39 PM

i was just curious......^^

#73 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

I was born into a haunted situation. For the first eight years of my life, I lived with the daily events of an entity, who appeared to be attached to a book (The entity moved with us and the book to two other dwellings). I saw my first full-bodied apparition at age five. After a ouiji board was used at a neighbor's party, the events in our household began to escalate. My parents attended a lecture given by Ed and Lorraine Warren and were advised on how to handle the situation. Needless to say, they found the book a new owner. The book was the well known occult story, and opera, The Faust . My mother's family found the book in a house they had purchased from a widow. Her husband was the owner of the book. He had hung himself some years before.
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#74 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

.....oh yeah.... did I mention CREATURE FEATURE became a Saturday afternoon favorite on channel 44? I discovered it when we moved to Florida... shortly after we left the book in New York.....
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#75 __NiCk__

__NiCk__

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts(duh), music, video games, supernatural, Grey's anatomy,dance, friends, dogs, SIMPSONS,

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:41 AM

i never really believed in the paranormal until i heard something i couldn't explain and so i got some books and I've believed in the paranormal ever since :weeee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users