Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

What started your interest in the paranormal?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: What got you started?

How did your curiosity get peaked?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Johnny Eck

Johnny Eck

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

I guess my interest first started when our family moved into my grandmother's house after she passed away. While the place wasn't exactly a Victorian mansion, it was a rather big house built in the 1920s, and it wasn't unusual to hear odd noises every now and then. But on more than one occasion, at night after everyone was asleep, I would hear what sounded like footsteps coming up the stairs, each step deliberate and slow, as if whoever was climbing the stairs was having difficulty walking.

I heard the footsteps on a regular basis, and eventually I realized that they sounded very much like my grandmother's. She was heavyset and had arthritis in her hips to the point where the last few years of her life she could barely climb the stairs. While I took comfort in the fact that my grandmother was keeping watch over us as we slept, I still pulled the blankets over my head whenever I heard the footsteps--just in case!!!

Edited by Johnny Eck, 17 March 2008 - 06:49 PM.

The Most Remarkable Man Alive!~Robert Ripley

#92 corkspa

corkspa

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

What really started my interest was my Dad. We would have a campfire every year the night before school started which was normally Labor Day. We would sit around telling ghost stories. The moment I could read I was out looking for ideas for my next story (I would make them up). It was then that I realized that they all arent all stories. I have been hooked since.

#93 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:26 AM

I'd had spirits and faeries as playmates when I was a child. It just kept on growing from there.

My paternal grandfather, who was 100% Irish, explained that it was because I was the first girl born on their side of the family in over 100 years. I was destined to see and communicate with spirits and the Fey.

I've had OBE's, and I'm also a sensitive when it comes to spirits. I wouldn't call myself psychic, although I've been told that I am. I just don't think my abilities are quite honed enough to deserve that title just yet.

My husband can sense spirits sometimes, and he does believe that life does not simply cease to exist when the body does. :)

Great idea for a poll and thread!
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#94 Little_Bear

Little_Bear

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

I have no idea, it found me. Ready or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users