Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Is This The Beast Of Banff?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

The Beast of Banff, the mysterious large cat-like creature spotted prowling in the area, has been captured on video.

Now you can see the footage exclusively on the Banffshire Journal’s own website.

The footage comes courtesy of a Banffie reader from the Cornhill area, who does not want to disclose his identity or the exact location of the sighting.

He spotted the beast from his house last summer, crossing a field some distance away. In case the cat came back, he set up a video camera pointing down the field – and yes, the cat did re-appear.

Beast Of Banff Here you'll find the article plus the video of this black cat/beast

Posted Image
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:22 AM

A beast cat? hahaha that is funny! Lovable beast!
Posted Image

#3 BlueValkyrie

BlueValkyrie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:55 PM

At first i thought you meant Banff Alberta and was ready to pack my bags and head west.

Isn't a little conveniant that the person had the camera aimed and centered on the exact spot where the beast appeared? It's either a big cat or a low shrubbery.

#4 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

I couldn't get the video part to work, but from the still picture---it'd be a lot more convincing if there was something show how tall the fence was. A lot of fences are only three feet tall, which would put the cat within the normal range for domestic cats---the upper end of that range, sure, but a 20 lb tomcat is no longer as unheard of as it used to be.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:02 PM

hahahaha that "cat beast" came walking THROUGH the fence, Yosei, almost looks like a black panther.
Posted Image

#6 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

It looks like a black cat to me. If this creature came through my yard, I suppose I'd have to coax it inside to play.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#7 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:22 AM

Yep. Black tom cat. The posture is even right for a Tom the prowl looking for birdies to snack on.
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#8 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:55 AM

If it is some kind of "Cat Beast", .........Oh heck with it. It looks like a normal house cat to me. Might be a bit bigger than the normal 10 lb cat, but it don't look like much.

Then again, it is poor video footage.
Posted Image

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:02 AM

~Yep...looks to me like it's a Black Panther. The fence, to me, looks as though it's about 6 ft. or higher (maybe 8 ft.), which, in comparison to the size of the kitty to the fence, would make it a prime example of a Black Panther just doing it's thing. Beautiful animals they are!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#10 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:14 PM

Panthers are beautiful.

Around here, we have bob cats. I've never had the pleasure of seeing one. I was always told ifyou do see one, and live to tell about it, then it must have been sick.

I dont' know if thats really true or not. You can bet that I'm not going to hunt one down just to find out. LOL
Posted Image

#11 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

After reviewing this video about 5 times, I can tell you that If you look at a picture of a black panther, or even a video of it walking, you can see that it is most likely a panther

#12 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

I would like to know just how high that fence is, at least that would give some scale to the creature. Excepting that, I'm thinking just a regular ol' housecat.
If the fence is 4 feet high, it would make the cat less than 12 inches high, roughly. Watch where it comes thru. Even if the fence was 8 feet high, the subject would only be a bit over 12 inches high.

#13 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

looks like a regular house cat! But even if it is a pantha they sometimes escape from zoos or people keep them illegally as pets and let them free when they cant pay for food and stuff so its definately not a beast :duel:

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:39 PM

I agree that having a point of reference to the height of the fence would be helpful, but I will wager it to be a panther, possibly domesicated, then released. We have wild panthers in South Arkansas, and this one, though a appearing to be a little smaller, does look like one. Would be nice to see full unobstructed view of the profile, but then what fun would that be! Speculation Rules!!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#15 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

Oh, and for sure, it is NOT a Snipe!!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users