Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Could there ever be agreement between groups?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:43 AM

This could wind up being a touchy subject, but I hope and think we can keep it calm and insightful.

When thinking about all of the different theories out there on ghosts and the paranormal, It makes me wonder if we as a community of completely separate entities (investigative groups, enthusiasts, and individual investigators and hunters) could ever come to some sort of an agreement or at least to a point where we can have say, three or four workable (seemingly so) theories that everyone works off of. Or is the paranormal like religion?  Is it stuck in the stubbornness that has tainted the views of it?  Could we ever work on a theory or a couple of theories as a community, then if they don't work out on to the next one?  I know everyone has their personal opinions and perceptions on this, but maybe we could attempt to start finding if some of these have valid reasoning or not.

Perhaps it's a bit early to think we can all get along and work together on a set of theories. Relatively speaking, we're on the first stages of starting to try and discover answers to something that has no formal outlaying of proof.

My gosh, I dunno... Perhaps it's kind of silly to think about.  Speak your mind!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:39 AM

Akthra,

I don't believe that most theories are all that different except between believers and skeptics.  I think that if someone believes enough to do paranormal research, they are going to have at least vaguely similar ideas of what it is we are looking at.

I think that the biggest difference comes in because we all have had our own experiences that we know are real.  The experiences we have do quite often differ thus making each of us have a different opinion about what is out there.  It all depends on experience.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:08 AM

Akthra,

Anything is possible. I really couldnít say if they will ever come to an agreement because then I would get caught biting my tongue, lol. The question is defiantly great and it should spark up a little peace. Everyone has different opinions on what they think is spooky or what they think is haunted. Each person has an individual feeling not ever the same. I guess it all depends on how experienced each group really is and how devoted they are to there work.

Some groups could take a certain situation and investigate it all night. Other groups don't feel the energy or the vibe so they move on. Ghosts/Spirits seem to choose who they want around. If you notice one person would say how they feel a negative energy around and then all of the sudden they are getting challenged in every direction. Itís really hard to say.

Great question!

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#4 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:37 PM

I think we all have a common bond that we believe in the same thing more or less. Which means we would all get along more or less.

Our group has received many offers to join up with other groups.

I only group I do not think I could get along with was one I read about on the web that firmly believed orbs were extra dimensional aliens trying to invade our world, the scary thing is they were deadly serious.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:23 PM

Have we ever had different religions agree onthe same thing even though they all define the same thing in a different way? I guess not. The same is the case here too. Every group wants their definitions and theories to be propogated and hence the differences.
Posted Image

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:28 AM

Moon,

If you stop and think about it.  All religions are saying the same thing pretty much.  What is different mostly is the cerimony.  Things may be called different things what ever but the basic jist is pretty much the same.  Things really aren't that far apart for ghost hunters either.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:33 AM

yeah Brian, you are right! More than proving the supreme values, we are trying to fight for the route..... if the destination is important, we may not have much a problems with the world! ;D but what we care for is the journey!
Posted Image

#8 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:36 AM

[quote][quote]I think that the biggest difference comes in because we all have had our own experiences that we know are real.It all depends on experience.[/quote]

This was also my initial thought when I read your question, Akthra.

I can't think of a defining situation that makes one person right and the other wrong. We all have different takes on any given situation. Actually, I love reading other people's opinions. Sometimes certain responses make me think "Now, why are they seeing it that way?" and so I'll ask them to elaborate. Everyone has a basis for their opinion and they're always interesting to me.

I guess what it comes down to is respect for one another.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:07 AM

My gosh, I dunno... Perhaps it's kind of silly to think about.  Speak your mind!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any professional hunters to comment?
Posted Image

#10 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:32 PM

I think what makes teams get into little wars is ego and the want for trophy photos as opposed to learning more about the field. To many sites are about claiming to be the biggest and baddest and to many teams have taken that approach as well. We should all respect each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users