Astral Projection

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

Astral Projection is a claim that you can travel the astral plane while awake, or sleeping via. lucid dreaming. More claims say that this is a great way to communicate with spirits. Or even some of the undead traveling the plane. It claims that it is an OBE, or out of body experience. I myself have had many many things like this happen while in dreams and awake. What are your opinions on this? Experiences?

-Roger-

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

Astral Projection is a claim that you can travel the astral plane while awake, or sleeping via. lucid dreaming.

Astral Projection is a [i]claim[/i[ for those people who haven't done it or people who want to disprove the reality of Astral Travel. But it is not merely a claim for the people who have experienced it more so for people who does it voluntarily.

Since we already had a few interesting discussion on this subject, perhaps these links might help you to gather information on how lot of people have experienced or perceived Astral Projection, me included.

Astral Travel and Projection
Astral Projection
Astral Travel 001
Astral Travel 002
Astral Travel - Experiences
Induced Astral Travel

Edited by MoonChild, 01 April 2007 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

#3 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

Astral Projection is a [i]claim[/i[ for those people who haven't done it or people who want to disprove the reality of Astral Travel. But it is not merely a claim for the people who have experienced it more so for people who does it voluntarily.

I myself believe it and have experienced it numerous times. and thanks for the links!! :headbang:

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#4 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

HI R.L.!
Well, I am certainly no expert...
But I recently just wrote about this very subject here in my GhostVillage Blog ...
Check it out if you're interested.
Cheers!
~Bellarose :Spaz:

#5 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

There are just so much in the higher realms to attain to in our sensitivities.

God bless, J

#6 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:03 PM

thanks Bella =], you can call me Roger, or Rog...or..Mr. Crowley..lol, but anyways, Astral projection is extremely dangerous, because you can go anywhere in a split second, and anywhere includes places where you would never ever like to go.

#7 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

Perhaps one of our villagers can help me with this question...
My mom recently gave me a book on AP (I'll find it in my stack and get y'all the title). In your un/professional opinion do you think this might be an effective method for pain control? I typically practice breathing techniques I learned in biofeedback but that's rather hard when I'm leaning over the "barf bucket"... I figure it's worth a try... Can't be any worse than some of the meds I'm on for pain control, aye? Any ideas? Suggestions?
Love life.

#8 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

why so much pain? pain control, i dont think you feel pain while astral projecting because you arent in your physucal body, but surely one cannot project all the time, only short periods of time, si no, it wont be much more effective than your meds.

-Roger-

#9 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:49 PM

Roger...
I have so much pain because I have some fairly serious health problems going on right now that involve my central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) along with autonomic system (involuntary responses such as pain and digesion)... I've posted about them in the "real life section" and "boiling point" or you're more than welcome to email me if you would like to know what's going on (believe it or not what's posted would be the abbrieviated version.

I just HATE being on such heavy (potentially addictive) narcotics... Not to mention that I'm only 18 and feel like my life is being wasted away on these. Ya know (maybe not but...). Another thing... A couple of weeks ago I was in SEVERE pain and nothing would touch (oxyconton, fetynal... NOTHING!) it. I actually went on "vacation". I literally didn't know where I was... The lights were on but no one was home. I don't really remember much of these weeks so don't ask... I have no answers. I wonder if sometimes our bodies will send us away when we are in an extremely stressful situation? Any thoughts on this?
Love life.

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

Stella, I'm not sure if astral projection would help with pain control or not. It seems to me like it wouldn't hurt if you tried it - what would a person have to lose if it didn't work? I do know of people who used creative visualization to manage pain as well as help other health issues. I'll look for my books on that, and p.m. you the titles. I have used this method to much success in the past.

My sister confided it me some years ago that she always had dreams of leaving her body and flying around the planet. I told her what little I knew on that subject and she was really relieved to know she wasn't crazy. And she said that she also knew then why she was always so exhausted when she woke up in the morning after a supposed eight hours of sleep - she'd been out galavanting all night long! She's done a lot of reading on the subject since that talk and now is able to control it better so that she doesn't leave her body every night, or if she does, she can return sooner and with more ease. I don't think I've ever done this sort of thing, but of course, I may simply not remember it if it happens.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 UConnLaw25

UConnLaw25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am now DrCivis1980.

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:52 AM

Its a pity but I have had only one astral projection experience and I did not get too far. I saw seven dark silhouettes in my room and another came from behind me and shoved me back in, rather forcefully. Very comforting to know I am being stared at all the time while I sleep I assure you. Especially since even though they had no distinguishable facial features, I still knew thay were hostile towards me. I'm surprised I don't feel or taste them there all the time (my most accurate natural reaction to nearby ghosts is a strong alkaili taste). It's almost as bad as that time I was followed home from a ghost hunt. It wouldn't let me get a decent night's sleep for three weeks. So, despite having bought the books, my AP days are numbered. Oh, and I found mugwort and damiana tea were the only things that could really make it happen. Just throwing that out there.

#12 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:59 AM

Its a pity but I have had only one astral projection experience and I did not get too far. I saw seven dark silhouettes in my room and another came from behind me and shoved me back in, rather forcefully. Very comforting to know I am being stared at all the time while I sleep I assure you. Especially since even though they had no distinguishable facial features, I still knew thay were hostile towards me. I'm surprised I don't feel or taste them there all the time (my most accurate natural reaction to nearby ghosts is a strong alkaili taste). It's almost as bad as that time I was followed home from a ghost hunt. It wouldn't let me get a decent night's sleep for three weeks. So, despite having bought the books, my AP days are numbered. Oh, and I found mugwort and damiana tea were the only things that could really make it happen. Just throwing that out there.

Cool! very interested in the teas, what exacty do they do? relax you or something?

#13 Andi

Andi

Had to restrain self from licking the back of a semi

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a single mom here in NE Ohio who seems to have some special abilities when it comes to communicating with spirit. I love what I do but sometimes it's hard to explain to people why I can do this and why I would want to. That's why GV is such a cool place!<br /><br />I have 3 little kids, I'm a Reiki practitioner and I am a full time graphic designer. My current home is over 130 years old and has it's share of spirits, who have no intention of leaving.<br /><br />Nice to be here!<br />~ Andi

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:09 AM

I have tried to conciously do this SOOOO many times and each time I fall asleep. :Spaz:
Maybe I need to try it when I'm not tired, but after being a mom all day long and finally falling into bed at night, I don't have much choice but to pass out I guess.

I too have heard that this is a good way to work things out with another living person, while they are traveling as well. Talking isn't the only thing that goes on over there..... ever had one of those dreams where you just KNOW you were "with" someone in your dreams the night before? Well, chances are, you were. We do hook up with others on that plane. Problem is, most of us cannot recall everything that happened. I have a past life connection with someone in my life now and because of our personal lives that we've chosen this time around, we cannot be together. We are fiercely connected though. That's my goal.... to actually have some control and recollection when it's over. Alas, I'll probably just fall asleep again.....
Reiki Master * Spirit Communication ReadingsI have CDO. ~ The police never think it's as funny as you do.

#14 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:21 PM

I have tried to conciously do this SOOOO many times and each time I fall asleep. :headbang:
Maybe I need to try it when I'm not tired, but after being a mom all day long and finally falling into bed at night, I don't have much choice but to pass out I guess.

I too have heard that this is a good way to work things out with another living person, while they are traveling as well. Talking isn't the only thing that goes on over there..... ever had one of those dreams where you just KNOW you were "with" someone in your dreams the night before? Well, chances are, you were. We do hook up with others on that plane. Problem is, most of us cannot recall everything that happened. I have a past life connection with someone in my life now and because of our personal lives that we've chosen this time around, we cannot be together. We are fiercely connected though. That's my goal.... to actually have some control and recollection when it's over. Alas, I'll probably just fall asleep again.....

a certain website, im not sure which, say that conscious projection will work best in the morning. Because you are most relaxed and calm when you wake up. Give it a try Andi! ;)

-Roger-

#15 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

ASTRAL TRAVEL PITFALLS

I often see articles and comments referring to the astral plane and using this term synonymous with ‘dreaming’, ‘O.B.E.’, and ‘spiritual’ plane. This is very misleading and incorrect.

The main difference between any of the dimensions is the vibration frequency. The highest frequency there is: the Eternal Unconditional Love and Light of the First Source and Centre: The Creator of All That Is. Although all is one, the farther one gets from the Central Source, frequency drops until eventually you encounter the lowest frequency of energy – dense physical matter.

The astral plane is the lowest frequency non-physical plane. It is where all the low vibration frequency thought forms, energies, entities exist, because they can literally only rise to the level that matches their vibration frequency. This is also why it is relatively easy to astral travel.

One does not need to raise their vibration frequency of Love and Light to do it, although it does help. The problem is, the astral plane is basically the lowest of humanities negative thought forms, emotions, discarnate beings who passed away in an unconscious mindset. This is why so many people report having problems there. Yes, you can learn how to protect yourself, but then again, why play at this level?

Wise men throughout the ages have diligently raised their Love and Light quotients through a worldwide variety of disciplines in order to leap right over the top of this plane for the exact reasons mentioned. Once you do this, you can and will begin to consciously work with the higher beings of Light on a personal basis. I can guarantee you the higher dimensions are where the beings of Love, Light and Divine Wisdom reside, not the astral plane.

For all those people who have become adept at astral travel, I promise you, there is so much more beautiful ‘stuff’ in the higher dimensions awaiting you – with open arms.

God bless, J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users