What to look for in an investigator

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 DarkAngel3X3

DarkAngel3X3

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:37 AM

Hi I realize no one knows me and thats ok I dont mean to come in and just start talking but thats what I do in any case. All of you make valid points on what to look for in researchers or team members. But a question I pose is if someone has no experience in ghost hunting but has been into it since they were very young and has researched everything they could think of what is your position on them? hmmm maybe a good topic for the next bulletin till then take care

~ Angel

#17 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:00 AM

I think if they have done extensive research but no hunts that does not mean they are not worthy of a spot on the team. Most of my team came to me without ever going on an investigation but they had experiences or studied the field and were interested and wanted to know more so I say let them join if they show potential and the chemistry is right

#18 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:20 PM

Thats a choice you have to make. I have had people with me that had no experience at all and knew nothing special about the field. There is something to be desired in everyone. Just make sure what they have to contribute is desirable.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#19 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:13 PM

I agree. Desire and a want to know is a great attribute.

#20 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:42 AM

So far my little ghost creation has been quite the roller coaster ride. It's pretty much been trial and error for me. At times it wasn't even a group and I was just hoping potential people worked out. Now I have a fixed group and it really feels like the ball is starting to roll.
Since we've decided to keep it small we don't really invite new people in. We do bring along guests, and we look forward to someday going on a joint investigation to see how that goes. We did manage to get in contact with another group in our area, but there was some friction, so we sort of keep our distance now. Which is too bad, really.
I agree with the previous posts. A person must have a serious interest in ghosts, but also be willing to do some research, etc.
I also feel that it's important to help people who are new to ghost investigating. I was new to this once myself (and still am in many, many ways). This is why I think Ghost Village is so great: good people, and I'm always learning new things.
Okay, now I'm getting sappy... :purplebounce:

#21 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:58 AM

So far my little ghost creation has been quite the roller coaster ride. It's pretty much been trial and error for me. At times it wasn't even a group and I was just hoping potential people worked out. Now I have a fixed group and it really feels like the ball is starting to roll.
Since we've decided to keep it small we don't really invite new people in. We do bring along guests, and we look forward to someday going on a joint investigation to see how that goes. We did manage to get in contact with another group in our area, but there was some friction, so we sort of keep our distance now. Which is too bad, really.
I agree with the previous posts. A person must have a serious interest in ghosts, but also be willing to do some research, etc.
I also feel that it's important to help people who are new to ghost investigating. I was new to this once myself (and still am in many, many ways). This is why I think Ghost Village is so great: good people, and I'm always learning new things.
Okay, now I'm getting sappy... :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sappy's good kiddo... :ghost:
... :purplebounce:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#22 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:23 AM

Thanks Spookasaurus!
You know how it is, sometimes you're typing and you just hope that it's coming across in the way it's in yer head; I'm always nervous that I'm being condenscending (if that's the right word), especially when I'm discussing ghost hunting methods.
It's funny, 'cause I don't talk like I write! I write all official, like I'm sitting behind a desk stamping papers. :purplebounce:

#23 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:21 PM

I totally agree with the comment that a person must be willing to do the research as well. To many people just try to get by with goping on hunts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users