#2 Sci-Fi16

Sci-Fi16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, History, Treasure Hunting

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:02 PM

Nonamye,

You know, speaking of that show 'Most Haunted', I've heard that it's all fake. Anyone else hear this, or am I being strung along?

#3 musicgirl

musicgirl

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:41 AM

Sadly enough, you are correct. They make a mockery of paranormal investigating. This is from a British newspaper :

SPOOKY TRUTH: TV'S MOST HAUNTED CON EXPOSED TV
By Matt Roper 28/10/2005

* More Top Stories
* Have your say: Top Stories forum

THE TV show that has spooked millions with its footage of hauntings and poltergeists is today exposed as a fake - by one its own stars.

Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has sensationally lifted the lid on the ghosthunting series, Most Haunted ... and claims that the public are being deceived by "showmanship and dramatics."

He accuses the show's medium Derek Acorah of hoodwinking viewers by pretending to communicate with spirits and obtaining information about locations prior to filming.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

The Mirror has also obtained unedited footage which appears to show presenter Yvette Fielding and her husband faking 'paranormal' occurrences such as ghostly bumps and knocks.

Most Haunted has quickly achieved cult status since it was launched in 2002 and is LivingTV's most successful programme.

Millions of viewers tune in regularly to watch Ex-Blue Peter girl Yvette and her team of ghost hunters spend the night in some of Britain's most haunted locations.

It has made Acorah - who claims to be guided by an Ethiopian spirit guide called Sam - into one of the country's best-known psychics.

Tonight the show will start its biggest ever live vigil, a four-night Halloween special from East London following the murderous trail of Jack the Ripper.

Yvette Fielding has said of the show - which is made by her husband Karl Beattie's production company Antix Productions: "There is no acting in this programme, none whatsoever. Everything you see and you hear is real. It's not made up, it's not acted."

But our investigation reveals how the programme uses careful editing to mislead viewers and, on at least one occasion, has even lied about the location of filming.

Ciaran, a lecturer in the paranormal at Liverpool's Hope University, knows speaking out will probably put an end to his media career... but he believes viewers should know the truth.

He says: "I think it's time to open the dialogue about what I've experienced on Most Haunted. There have been many incidents with the medium that have been brushed under the carpet.

"I was put in the show to give a professional slant to it, to give it an element of credibility, but the sceptical argument is just swept away.

"In my opinion, we're not dealing with genuine mediumship."

He says he isn't the only member of the crew who feels viewers are being cheated.

"Other crew members have been irked by Derek and what's going on, because it turns what should be a serious investigation into a laughing matter."

And our exclusive footage shows other members of the team occasionally forget they are on camera.

One of our clips, later edited out, shows Karl push an unwitting sound man in the dark and pretend it was a poltergeist attack.

In the remaining footage he says (after surreptitiously hitting the soundman): "S**t, did you feel that?"

Yvette: Are you all right? What's happened?

Karl: I felt something touch me on my shoulder.

Soundman: I felt something hit me.

And in another edited clip with medium Ian Lawman, Yvette is seen on camera making a deep sigh. In the scene that eventually went to air, Ian (after Yvette sighs) says: "What's that noise?

Yvette: What noise? Like a moan?

Ian: Breathing or something.

Yvette: I heard like an 'arrggh'.

Ciaran, who joined Most Haunted in April 2004 became suspicious of Acorah's antics on a shoot at Castle Leslie, Co Monaghan in Ireland where a 17th Century four-poster bed has been claimed to levitate.

Ciaran recalls: "As we walked into the bedroom, Derek touched the bed and came out with extremely accurate information.

"He insisted he got all the information just from touching the bed. But it was the wrong bed."

Antix Productions claims the mediums have no idea where they will be filming or know any details about the history of the locations.

But Ciaran says: "Derek must have had prior knowledge of the locations."

He devised a plan to see if Derek was deliberately deceiving the public.

While on a shoot at Bodmin gaol he invented a long-dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker.

"I wrote the name down and asked another member of the crew to mention it to Derek before filming.

"I honestly didn't think Derek would take the bait. But during the filming he actually got possessed by my fictional character!"

On the next shoot at Prideaux Place, Cornwall, Ciaran made up another fictional character, highwayman Rik Eedles - an anagram of Derek Lies. Sure enough, Derek made contact with the dead outlaw.

Ciaran says: "In my professional opinion we're not dealing with a genuine medium.

"When Derek is possessed he is doing it consciously - all we are seeing is showmanship and dramatics."

Ciaran went a step further at Craigievar Castle, near Aberdeen.

"I made up stories about Richard the Lionheart, a witch, and Richard's apparition appearing to walk through a wardrobe - the lion, the witch and the wardrobe!" True to form, Derek mentioned all Ciaran's stories - even though Richard I reigned 500 years BEFORE Craigievar Castle was built.

The final straw came last month when Most Haunted presented a three-night special from Manchester.

On the second evening, the show claimed to be broadcasting live from the site of Cheadle's Victorian asylum, a place where - according to presenter David Bull - thousands died in torment. In fact they were in the derelict remains of Barnes Convalescence Home - where nobody died in torment.

Ciaran remembers: "Derek was communicating with spirits that sounded as if they'd been in an asylum, but it was never an asylum."

Yesterday the Mirror confronted Derek Acorah with Ciaran's allegations. He told us: "I've worked with Ciaran for many shows and he's got every right to say what he says.

"However, it does shock and surprise me. Not only do I believe that I am a genuine medium - I live my work 24 hours a day. If I thought that I wasn't a true medium, I wouldn't work as one."

A spokesman for LivingTV said: "Ciaran O'Keeffe has worked as the programme's official sceptic for 18 months and during this time has not brought any of his concerns to our attention.

"LivingTV has not seen any of your filmed evidence, but will fully investigate your claims."

If you would like to see some clips of the fraud they pull, u can check out this link :

http://blog.myspace....2a-cee8a7cf29b5

#4 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:50 AM

Maybe the limelight got to Derek a bit, but I dont want to start a 'Derek Bashing' thread.

I still think he's a good medium, despite all the hype etc.

Just my opinion

Sorry

;)

#5 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:41 AM

I used to love MH, but, since finding that Derek was essentially "cheating" I have lost alot of trust in a number of people on the show. I really wish that Ciaran & David would get together & produce a show. I think that the two of them would do an awesome job & I feel like they would be trusted where the others on the show have lost an incredible amount of credibility. Yvette just floors me anymore, seems like she "hears" EVERYTHING, and once she "hears" it everyone else chimes in "oh yes, I heard that too"....just a source of entertainment anymore but sad that they put such a light on investigating when they could be opening up MANY, MANY doors with the experience that they have under their belts....just really too bad.
It's just Becca Posted Image

#6 kithrox

kithrox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Aside from the obvious, I love my dogs, shopping, fashion, drawing watching movies and TV, music, concerts, sand volleyball, playing board games and guitar hero<br /><br />I've been into the paranormal since I was about 5. Since then I have been reading and watching anything regarding the paranormal, especially ghosts.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:42 AM

Honestly, I watched maybe one full episode of the show ever, and I could not stand it. The psychic dude just seemed like he was pulling information out of his BAD_WORD. The Yvette chick just seemed like a void. What really does she do besides say "Did you hear that?" I didn't watch the show after that. I dunno. The show just irked me. And rightly so, especially after reading this article and watching those video clips. These people just tarnish the reputation of the field of parapsychology while giving those who strive to prove the existence of the paranormal, like Grant and Jason, a bad name. Ugghhh.... :Spaz:
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?Just because you're paranoidDon't mean they're not after you!

#7 Ditz

Ditz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:drinking, smoking, tattoos, piercings, drawing, recording, witchcraft (im wiccan)

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:16 AM

I don't know what I think of Derek Achora. I don't think he realises how often he seems to get "possessed" which just makes him look more and more schitzophrenic. Other psychics you see on the TV don't get possessed with the exception of the other psychic on most haunted but that was a one off thing I think. There are some programmes where people get possessed but they don't like to talk about it afterwards.....I'm still not sure and I've just confused myself even more lol.

#8 Ditz

Ditz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:drinking, smoking, tattoos, piercings, drawing, recording, witchcraft (im wiccan)

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:21 AM

oooo I also forgot to say that there are some areas of the programme at the old bell hotel in Derby that are real. The door slamming was my friend who was a barman living there at the time. He got annoyed with Yvette screaming all night whilst he was trying to sleep so he slammed the door shut to scare her. The light swinging was real. No one could explain this and the fact that off camera they had the owner of the hotel with them he stated that no one moved that light. Also derek did seem to get 1 thing right whilst he was there. In the main hall they left a tape running, turned off all taps etc so nothing was dripping but when they played the tape back they heard a distinctive dripping noise. Derek then turned around to another barman and said "you had a friend who drowned didn't you?" to which the barman replied "yes" and lookeda bit green around the gills. Derek proceeded to say "well he wants to say goodbye" so the barman said goodbye and the dripping noise went away. To this day there have still been odd things in that hotel and i speak from personal experience and those of my friends who have either visited or worked there over the years.

#9 Chrltt

Chrltt

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Urban Legends, taking photoes, the sims2, but theres so many to think of

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:57 AM

I prefer Ghost Hunters to Most Haunted, GH isn't as depressing and has more of a modern feel to it. MH was quite boring at times and they would always overreact, even at mundane reasons (remember the airfreshener episode, anyone?)

I'm not surprised that MH is fake.

#10 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:03 AM

I disagree that Most Haunted is fake (as a programme) however, as I previously stated I think the limelight got to Derek Acorah a bit.

Mark ;)

#11 Virgo/Libra Cusp

Virgo/Libra Cusp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:The unknown and mis-understood

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

Most Haunted is a great show. Not sure about it being a fake... even if it is, it's entertaining, right?
I agree with Chrltt.. Ghost Hunters is a great show too. I love all the gadgets they use. I find it very interesting. Wouldn't it be awesome to go on a real ghost hunt with them? I'd be in my elemant lol!
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts...and we are never, ever the same. - Author Unknown

#12 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

I dont watch it but my social paranormal group was getting a good laugh at how many different locations have the exact same staircase.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#13 meesha

meesha

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:I love good movies, books, cooking and entertaining and playing in any way with my two boys. I love to scrapbook. I love volunteering at my childrens school. It is alot of fun to work with the kids.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

I don't know if it is real or fake, I just can't stand that show. The camera moves very quickly and sporadically. It is a hard show to watch. I am not a fan of Yvette. She seems kind of 'fake' to me. JMO. Have a great night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users