New Mexico

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 04:49 PM

We're a friendly group of Ghost Hunters located in New Mexico - please stop by and say hello!

www.SGHA.net
*happy hunting*Juliahttp://www.sgha.net.

#2 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:50 AM

I'm a born and raised NEW MEXICAN!  Grew up all over the state and go home at least 4 times a year!  Will add you to my favorites :)
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#3 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:17 PM

Hawkerdriver....I lived in NM for 12 years!  Beautiful state, lots of history both paranormal and non.  We should compare notes about the state! (I have since moved from there).
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#4 evil

evil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location:x0|USA|USA||0|0|LA,Louisianax0|USA|USA||0|0|LA,Louisianax0|USA|USA||0|0|x0|USA|USA||0|0|

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:04 PM

me too, ANOTHER ex New MExican, let me know if you get to Santa Fe and I will tell you wehre to go!

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:26 PM

Hello EVIL and welcome to GV!
Posted Image

#6 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

Julia, I have to ask you if your group is a serious one and if there are any adults there.  I read a post of yours, Julia, about how to avoid paying for a traffic ticket.  I was very disappointed to read that, because: 1, that sounds like a very immature thing to do, and 2. if you're` passing around informationv on how to avoid taking responsibility for your actions, how much of your investigations are rigged for your own benefit? And you are even an officer, aren't you?  That's pretty pathetic.  I just don't think your organization is very trustworthy .
petunia4998

#7 Julia

Julia

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:47 PM

Wow, petunia4998, thanks for posting your thoughts… I think!  

As the Public Relations Officer for the Southwest Ghost Hunter's Association - here is my formal reply:

The 'how to beat a speeding ticket' post you mentioned can be seen on our 'forum'.
http://forum.sgha.ne...c239b540b996bb6  
This post was written on 09/28/2003.

The Forum is our bulletin board.  Currently, It has 225 Registered Members with a total of 4485 posts on 877 topics.  Some of the topics are very serious - discussing scientific methods and theories as well as our ghost hunts and investigations.  

However, some of the topics are quite silly - like how to make your own SouthPark avatar, our new online 'video arcade' or even the mentioned post I made which is under the Topic "Everything Else - anything under the sun".  

Now, I did not come up with this 'beat a speeding ticket' email nor did I even condone trying it.  In fact, the post even starts with the disclaimer, "Fact or fiction? I don't know - but it's something to think about…" It was only posted for conversation's sake.  The very next post even proves the 'beat a ticket' email is, in fact, "bogus".

That's one of the nice things about the SGHA Community - we're able to laugh and have fun at times too!  We enjoy life --- but we do take our Ghost Hunting very seriously.

I find it unfortunate that you have based your entire opinion of SGHA on a silly off topic post.  I wish instead that you had viewed some of our theories, our protocols or our investigations which all are posted at: http://www.sgha.net./

As far as the credibility of the Southwest Ghost Hunter's Association, here are a few of our stats:

SGHA has been in existence since 1983.

Our President and Founder, Cody Polston, (also known with the nickname 'Hitman') is quite well known and respected in Ghost Hunting circles.  Cody's book, "Haunted New Mexico, the ghosts of Albuquerque" is now in the preproduction process and will be on store bookshelves soon.  Cody is an eight-year Veteran of the United States Air Force and has an educational background in Theology and Science.  Cody is also the co-owner of New Mexico Ghost Tours.

Our Research Director, Bob Carter, has an educational background with a double major in Astrophysics and Mathematics.

Our Member's have been seen on Fox's "The World's Most Scariest Places";  on MTV's "FEAR";  and are soon to be seen on the Travel Channel's "Weird Travels".

SGHA does NOT charge any fees or dues for our Investigations - we receive no monetary value or award from doing them.  Thus, we would have no motive nor benefit for 'rigging' anything.

SGHA does not use psychics in our Investigations.

SGHA has explained several cases as being caused NOT by ghostly activity but instead by natural occurrences.

As for me - I am a responsible, hard working, tax paying, adult (I am 36 years of age).  Have I ever gotten a speeding ticket, you bet!  But, I have also promptly paid it.  I am a professional BusinessWoman responsible for over one million dollars in annual retail sales.  I am also the co-owner of New Mexico Ghost Tours.

The Southwest Ghost Hunter's Association is an extremely professional and serious organization.  Our 'trustworthiness' has never before been brought to question nor has our integrity.

ALL SGHA Members are legal adults.

How many other Ghost Hunting groups out there can say the same?
*happy hunting*Juliahttp://www.sgha.net.

#8 bobthesane

bobthesane

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:56 PM

Oooookay petunia, you based your opinion of the group on a JOKE THREAD??

You need to lighten up, methinks.

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:14 PM

Welcome to GV, BobTheSane! Hope you enjoy the stay with us!
Posted Image

#10 bobthesane

bobthesane

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:51 AM

Oh, I've been poking around and reading as a 'guest' for a while, but having my group's integrity called into question over a topic not even remotely related to paranormal research caused me to go ahead and make an account. I think I'll hang around just the same, though :)

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:57 AM

no worries buddy! your opinions ae always welcome!
Posted Image

#12 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:02 PM

Good idea, I would very much like to read your opinions too and see if they carry any weight.  I have not been impressed by what I have seen so far, I can certainly change my mind and apologise if it so warrants.
petunia4998

#13 bobthesane

bobthesane

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:45 PM

Frankly, petunia, I don't CARE if you are impressed or not. We're not out to impress you, nor anyone else. We're doing research. Some feel that the work we have done merits support for further investigative effors, which benefits the entire ghost hunting community as a whole. If you (as you seem to) have a problem with our group (for reasons as yet unfathomable to me), well, sucks to be us I guess. Go form your own group. No one is stopping you. We'll even point you at some good spots to hunt the elusive spooks we're all after, and hook you up with some good equipment supply places online to buy what you need (at a discount!).

The point I am trying to make is, if you feel we aren't doing a good job, show us up! Show us how it's done! Good investigative results are *never* harmful, and can only be of benefit to everyone in this corner of the scientific world.

We will continue to conduct investigations in our own manner (which you have never once partaken in, or even asked to be a part of), posting our findings for the public free of charge, and formulating our own theories.

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:49 PM

bobthesane welcome to gv, i think your doing a great job

#15 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:47 AM

[glow=yellow,2,300]WELCOME to the Village bobthesane[/glow]
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users