Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Christian Witches

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Is it possible?

Do you think it is possible to be both Christian and Wiccan?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

I just re-read my post. Geeeeeze! i carry on so.

Bluemooncat, I love that..."it's all the same'. Inner voice is always true. I even say "the church is a nessesary evil, and underline BOTH words!"

Just wanting to say that you all must know that in another place and time we'd all be burned at the stake. I couldn't be in better company.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#32 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

Or pressed with rocks, or drowned or . .sorry I once read a book on torture and while educational itwas. . . well let's just say I believe mankind is perfectly able to invent his own evil's without outside help.
Sorry a bit off topic, but it popped into my head. :ghost:
(Puti, please ramble! :))

Edited by Bluemooncat, 05 June 2007 - 08:41 PM.

My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#33 Hadriana

Hadriana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Art.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

I think a lot of people have a transition period, in which they really still have a very ingrained way of thinking, and a lot of fear left in them by the religion that they are raised in.

"Christian Witches" to me, are people that are slowly wading in the shallow end of the pool, looking back at mama. Some eventually get scared and get out of the water. Others just stay where they are and play, and still others just get in over their heads, realize they already know how to swim, start swimming and eventually make it to the other side.

I'm not trying to put anyone down, that's just the best analogy that I can think of.

It is very scary to leave the religion of your elders. I really do think that for some Christians, they would be better to look deeper into their own faith. Christianity has a tremendous amount to offer. Some people might do better to change denominations, for instance. Or to find their own way to serve Christ without a church. "Split a piece of wood, you will find me. Pick up a stone, and I am there."

To get back to the water analogy - Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. :ghost:

Edited by Hadriana, 05 June 2007 - 11:13 PM.

#34 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:45 PM

Bluemooncat, please don't encourage me! LOL
Hadriana, lots of wisdom there, in saying "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater". I realized that Jesus' last name was not Christ. I think by using our gifts, we are striving for Christ-consciousness, what ever religion or practice we follow. Don't have to hate one to love the other.

You people are making me think!!! Can you smell wood burning?
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#35 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:11 PM

to each his own, and I think you can be whatever you want to be - christian means christ like and I know several wiccans that fit the bill more than some outspoken Christians...but personally I am neither.

Actually, Christian means to believe that Jesus is the Christ - the Messiah promised to the Children of Israel - and try to live his teachings.

Christians don't have a monopoly on good moral beliefs. Most religions have something that corresponds to the Golden Rule. Most teach us to harm none.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#36 Hadriana

Hadriana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

Actually, Christian means to believe that Jesus is the Christ - the Messiah promised to the Children of Israel - and try to live his teachings.

Excuse me, but the word CHRISTIAN means “belonging to Christ”, or “The Christ-like ones.”
That's what I was referring to. To be a christian is many different things to many different people in the religious context, and I am no authority at all on what it is to be a Christian. But as a definition, based on the ancient meaning of the word, as it was handed down, IS Christ-like.

THAT is what I was referring to.

#37 vcbmommy

vcbmommy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:reading, Autism Awareness activist, playing with my kids, Wicca, exploring anything supernatural/paranormal

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:02 PM

Well said Ravenhecate ;) I myself was never able to reconcile or blend the two (I was raised Southern Baptist but converted to Wicca 2 years ago) but I believe if some people are more comfortable blending the two that is fine. One should follow their hearts and what "feels" right.
Bright Blessings, Vcbmommy (AKA Hallow)
The supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...

#38 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:57 AM

Amen! and So be it!

#39 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

The actual meaning of Christian is Belonging to Christ, that is the only definition of the word itself. The suffix "ian" means "belonging to" or "from the family of" and Christ "the anointed one" "one who is anointed" or in Hebrew "Messiah"

Belonging to the anointed one

From the family of the anointed one

Belonging to the Messiah

From the family of the Messiah

so basically, follower of Christ. Not Christ like, i know satanists who are Christ like, kind to everyone, will go out of their way for you, not selfish, but...they obviously are not From the family of the anointed one. No true Wiccan can be a Christian, no if ands or but about it. and no true Christian can be a Wiccan. They can only belong to (as Aloha stated a while back) "A hybrid that is neither Christian nor Wiccan"

-Roger-

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#40 Buffy)

Buffy)

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hi all, I am new to this group and found you while googling Christian Witches. I am very interested in this subject. I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus Christ is our savior. But I can't help that there is something incomplete about the religion. I have never been a Church going Christian though, God is everywhere to me and I don't feel the need to be in a Church....where in my limited experience is more a social club where people enter into weekly fashion shows. ( I mean no offense to anyone, as I said this is just my limited experience) I don't remember the exact quote but there is a line in the bible about 'lift a stone and you will find me...' That higher power is ALL around us.
There are so many aspects of the Wiccan religion that makes so much sense to me in my own spiritual journey. I am very into nature and respecting Mother Earth, Stones hold an energy and power that I can feel though others think I'm nuts. Tigers eye calms and focuses me.
I truly believe in the Law of Three. It comes back to "Do Unto Others...." but that doesn't get the true point across in my mind. . . What you put out, be it good or bad will come back to you, (even if you act in a way that you feel is good what are the ramifications to others?) so think before you act. Tarot speaks so much truth that I can't deny it.
There is so much I still need to learn about both religions, I don't think anyone can ever FULLY comprehend any one religion. But I find that my beliefs and my basic goodness are a merging of both, and always have been. Now with a label out there of 'Christian Witch', I just may be able to find a medium that will help me understand my own spirituality better. I have really enjoyed this discussion.
Buffy

#41 Hadriana

Hadriana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

Well I'm not the only one that says Christian means Christ LIKE
http://www.google.co...ans Christ-like

I remain a happy heretic.

Edited by Hadriana, 12 June 2007 - 09:03 PM.

#42 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:24 AM

Ditto!, happy heretic.
Why I mentioned that Jesus' last name is not Christ, and spoke of "Christ-consciouness" is because I look at the word Christ as the label we gave him for being "the annointed one". Or the church fathers did maybe. Whether he attained Christ-consciousness, or was born that way, who knows for sure. (We're just right off topic now, huh?) We go around calling ourselves Christians, the ones who do, that is, when we really don't realize what that implies. Are we fully awakened, anointed ones? It has nothing to do, really, with how we act. Anyone can put on a good front. Al Capone loved animals!
Let's get back to Christian-Witches.

#43 Hadriana

Hadriana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:03 AM

I think Jesus was a witch with his little clay birds, and his spittle, and his driving demons into pigs...
He somehow managed to be Jewish and Christian. Why can't a Christian be Wiccan?

I'm polytheistic to the core. I go to places that I know are Hecate's home, and I salute Apollo in the sky...I see the ocean and I call him Poseidon and I know he is a big burly God.

And some say it is all just the one, but I see the many, and as they are remembered their strength grows.

As they build the temple of Athena, I wonder if maybe that was the temple of the prophesies all along.

But I could care less about some rock in Jerusalem or the fighting for the pilgrams' money. My Christ knocked over the witches 'pay to learn' classes as surely as he did the moneychangers.

I don't call myself a Christian witch - more a heretic that loves Christ- the man, not the religion. And I think he- as I know him - is a-ok with that.

#44 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:54 AM

I think Jesus was a witch with his little clay birds, and his spittle, and his driving demons into pigs...
He somehow managed to be Jewish and Christian. Why can't a Christian be Wiccan?

To back up the claim that Jesus was a witch, you'd need a fairly broad definition of witch. Christians will fight this declaration based on the story of the witch of Endor and the way Simon Magus (Simon the Magician) were treated in the Bible. Jesus obeyed the Law of Moses while trying to get the religious leaders of his day to get rid of all those man-made traditions added to the law.

Secondly, Christianity broke off from Judaism. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all worship the same deity - the God of Abraham (iow, the God worshiped by Abraham). This commonality allows them to mix doctrine a little easier (ie Christians use Judaic texts as part of their canon, while Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#45 Hadriana

Hadriana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

So if Christ was a jew, and lived as a jew, and Christians broke off from Judaism, then didn't Christians in a lot of ways......break off from Christ?

Oh it really doesn't matter to me. I don't need a lesson on religion. I'm quite well versed in it. :(
I have no use for religious laws of any sort, my heart is my authority.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users