Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Christian Witches

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Is it possible?

Do you think it is possible to be both Christian and Wiccan?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Virgo/Libra Cusp

Virgo/Libra Cusp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:The unknown and mis-understood

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

Religon is so wide spread with different beliefs that fall into the "christian" category. But I do believe that what is written in the Holy Bible should be the golden rule so to speak. I can't exactly remember the verse, but it says something like there will be no additions or deletions to this book... and lo and behold, there are several additions and versions that are re-worded, which takes away from the meaning in some verses.
And there is white magic and black magic.
In the end, we will all know, right?
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts...and we are never, ever the same. - Author Unknown

#77 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

Corey-go to your Christian church and tell the priest about your divinations, or any spellwork you do and see what he has to say about it.[b]

I am a Christian Witch and am a member of a United Methodist Church. I've told my pastor of my practices and that I am a studying Christian Witch. He is ok with it. He told me that as long as what I do is in love its ok. He also knows that I adopt things from many other religions.

I am also United Methodist, and while I don't call myself a witch I do have many natural gifts which my pastor knows about and accepts. He has even sent the youth of the church to me when they where haveing problems or a paranormal/demonic nature. I do not call myself a witch. I have know to many powerful natural witches to ever put myself in a catagory with those amazingly powerful women!
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

#78 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

Religon is so wide spread with different beliefs that fall into the "christian" category. But I do believe that what is written in the Holy Bible should be the golden rule so to speak. I can't exactly remember the verse, but it says something like there will be no additions or deletions to this book... and lo and behold, there are several additions and versions that are re-worded, which takes away from the meaning in some verses.
And there is white magic and black magic.
In the end, we will all know, right?

There are two passages in our current Bible which warn against adding or taking away from this book.

Deuteronomy 4:2

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Revelation 22:18-19

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written i this book."

Unfortunately, most people only remember the reference in Revelation and thus apply it to the entire Bible. In reality, the Bible didn't exist as a single entity until much later. It used to be that each book was its own scroll, and each congregation chose which manuscripts it considered as Scripture. Under the Emperor Constantine, several Christian leaders got together to standardize the Canon. Besides blessing the books we have in our current Old and New Testaments, they acknowledged some books whose authorship or authenticity was uncertain, but which added to the understanding of the Gospel. These secondary books comprise the Apocrypha.

A more generous reading of the Deuteronomy and Revelation passages would be that man should not appoint himself as editor of any revelation from God, but that God has the right and prerogative to provide additional revelations, should he be so inclined.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users