Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

THE HAUNTED MUSHOOM MINES OF LAWTON (PROOF)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 William H (Bill) Greene

William H (Bill) Greene

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

hello i am bill greene and i am a top news man in olive hill where the mushroom mines our. my friend olive hill blogger took these picsures and let me put then on my website at www.moreheadnews.com for evary body to look at . they our reallly scary and peeple have seen ghosts in the caves their. here is the artical i rote.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
HELLO I AM TOP NEWS MAN BILL GREENE FROM OLIVE HILL KY. I AM A PERANORMAL INVESTIGOR TOO AND I HAVE PICSURES OF GHOSTS AND DEVIL WARSHIPPERS AT THE MUSHROOM MINES! I RUN THE WWW.MOREHEADNEWS.COM WEBSITE EVIN THOW I AM FROM OLIVE HILL!Posted Image

#2 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

Well, if you want to see a picture of a Satanist, I simply ask you to visit my profile on this very site. Get your terms right. Devil worshipers and Satanists are not the same. And I dont have to speak for the witches, as there are countless Pagans on this website who can clear that up.

I see no ghosts, witches, or devil worshipers in those pictures from your page. It looks like an abandoned location with nothing but a vandal problem.

The picture of the "Satanic Priest" looks odd, because supposedly you are afraid of them, correct? Well, he seems to be posing for the camera in this picture, so you cant be too afraid to ask him to do so.. Is that a mask the guy's wearing? He doesnt look very menacing. The mask kind of ruins the effect. As well as the Captain Morgan's pose going on there...

As far as my knowledge reaches, devil worshippers and pagans wouldn't be in covens with one another, as your site states, seeing as both belief systems are very different. Would any Pagans like to clarify?

The Sigil of Baphomet you see spray painted everywhere is a generally Satanic symbol, but devil worshipers have assimilated it into their own practices. It is not a Pagan symbol, nor is it used by witches.

All I have to say, is that I think there is nothing there but vandal teenagers.. If you feel there is more serious illegal activity there, I suggest calling the police.

If you feel there may be spirits lurking about, I suggest looking for pictures of any strange orbs or anomolies you feel may be paranormal and showing them to this community on the proper board.

And, if this is not blantantly fake, I suggest going a little deeper into your research on this location and the "possible" going-ons within, and report them, with your site and to the authorities.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:08 PM

A warning for all those who might be visiting the site mentioned in the original post. Since the content of that site requires lot of proof reading with regards to spelling and grammar, you might be tempted to make unwarranted comments, please refrain from doing so.

Moreover, when you post any comments on that site, do so with your own risk, since they are publically displaying the IP address of the posters. GhostVillage will not be responsible for any issues that might arise.

Thank You

MoonChild
TownCouncil
GhostVillage.com

Edited by MoonChild, 05 May 2007 - 10:04 PM.

Posted Image

#4 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

Well, I agree with jakob.

no offence.
Posted Image

#5 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

This might be just me, but as someone who has actually used spray paint, aren't those symbol of Baphomet a little to perfect? Sort of like they were photoshoped in?
I agree with jakob, too.
Also as one of the resident Pagan's, I DON"T use the symbole of Baphomet and prefere the comfort of my own homes or a beautiful outdoor setting for my rituals.
I am not in a coven, but I would not choose to be in a Satanic Coven. That's not my belief system. In fact a few of the Pagans/ Wiccans I have meet have been rather hostil toward Satanists. (Sorry jakob, that whole thing kinda scares me:))
Just an opinion.

Edited by Bluemooncat, 14 May 2007 - 02:21 PM.

My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#6 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:42 PM

This might be just me, but as someone who has actually used spray paint, aren't those symbol of Baphomet a little to perfect? Sort of like they were photoshoped in?
I agree with jakob, too.
Also as one of the resident Pagan's, I DON"T use the symbole of Baphomet and prefere the comfort of my own homes or a beautiful outdoor setting for my rituals.
I am not in a coven, but I would not choose to be in a Satanic Coven. That's not my belief system. In fact a few of the Pagans/ Wiccans I have meet have been rather hostil toward Satanists. (Sorry jakob, that whole thing kinda scares me:))
Just an opinion.

Thank you BlueMoonCat, I was hoping for a Pagan opinion here. (-:
You're right, they do look too perfect.. Of any vandal or spray painter I know, none of them would bother making it look that good. Photoshop is a possibility but is a conclusion I personally wouldn't jump to at this time.

It's all cool Bluemoon, Wiccans and Satanists both are notorious for arguments between them. Its the same for both sides - Wiccans have gotten a bad reputation in the past, being called Satanic, so naturally they wouldnt want to be associated with Satanism. While at the same time, official Satanic grottos, (if they are still active), are strictly underground and is generally not a part of public knowledge. As well as the fact that, as far as I know, the ritualism between Wiccans or Pagans in general, and Satanists is so different it would make no sense to hold them together.
Associating Pagans and Satanists together as the topic starter has claimed would have a negative reaction for both parties, and I would like to hear more.

To get back on topic, I have yet to hear from Bill Greene, who I assumed would have something to say about the reaction to his post. We've shown you our opinions, and I would like to see what you have to say about it all.

#7 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

I know that MoonChild mentioned something about making unwarranted comments, but I hope he didn't mean this site! Bill claims to be a "top news man", and I realize not all my posts are perfect, but taking into consideration the validity of what we have seen in the pics, this top news man has quite a few typos!! Like I said, I am not saying this pick on the member, but the pictures I saw seemed a bit unreal. This would make my opinion sway to the fact that maybe someone was trying to have a bit of fun at our expense, which I hope is not the case.
I enjoy Ghostvillage for the fact that most of what is posted is usually people with questions about the paranormal, to which thoughtful and considerate Villagers post their replies and opinions. Maintaining the integrity of this site falls primarily on the individual Villager. Threads like this one will come around every now and then. Through either observation of the pictures or how the text is presented, the validity of this claim is shakey or appears to be less than honest.
I may draw criticism for being too forward with that line of thinking, but it is my deepest desire that we present ourselves as a site dedicated to the actual reports of the paranormal, not staged photos or unbelievable claims. Hopefully future members will see this and attempt less to post threads like this one.
To any new members who may read this, I hope you by now understand that this site has people from all areas of the supernatural with some degree of expertise and knowledge, and to be aware that when you post claims, they should be genuine, as that they will come under review by those who are familiar with this field.
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#8 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

Jakob,

I have not visited the site mentioned by the original poster, but, as a Pagan, I can clarify Bluemooncat's statement that there is little, if any, interaction between Pagans and Satanists.

Satanists have a belief system which does not coincide with ours at all, and so the idea of sharing a coven makes no sense. Just as we do not believe in the Christian god, how then could we have a belief in his antithesis, Satan?

I know Bill Greene has visited our site since the original post, and I too would like him to return to this thread to respond to the replies posted here.

Bill, this is a place of varying opinions. I believe that all of the replies have been extremely respectful towards you.

Clearly, some of us have questions about your post/article and look forward to seeing your explanations.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#9 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:51 AM

rayzrwyre, your post is well-written and I appreciate the classy way in which you express yourself..

Well done
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#10 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:12 PM

Bill Greene didn't even take these pictures. I'm wondering if he is the one being "had". That's kind of not cool (of that person), if someone gave him iffy pics and he posted them in good faith.
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#11 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

Thank you Holly! Truth be told, an entire litany of sarcasm was ready to spill forward, but I though it best to set an example! Thank you for the compliment!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#12 Sir Travis

Sir Travis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:00 AM

As a current resident of Carter county, I do say that those photos are real. A little theatrical at best, especially the "demon". Some of the baphemot are real, however none in these photos. As far as the paranormal activity, I've not witnessed any myself, but there have been many murders happening or ending up there.

A kid that lived near East Carter High School murdered his parents and left their bodies at the mushroom mines. Currently, Global Data is in the process of cleaning up and building in place of the old mines.

That really had no point, just noticed that no one that actually lives near the mines responded to that mockery of Kentuckians.

#13 Adramelech

Adramelech

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:24 AM

All I see, is act of kids who wants to get some attention, or they did not get it and they whant the world to fear them. They are sure no satan or devil whorshipers, I mean look at the altar, in all the books I read aboult satanisam there are some complicated things you mus get to be on the altar, and there is no altar in the pic in the first place. Its just stairs and some kid on it. And my oppinion on the mask he has is that he dosent wants to be recognized.

Sorry but all I see is some confused kids looking for attention, not enything scary.

#14 Briana_14

Briana_14

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:30 PM

Well, if you want to see a picture of a Satanist, I simply ask you to visit my profile on this very site. Get your terms right. Devil worshipers and Satanists are not the same. And I dont have to speak for the witches, as there are countless Pagans on this website who can clear that up.

I see no ghosts, witches, or devil worshipers in those pictures from your page. It looks like an abandoned location with nothing but a vandal problem.

The picture of the "Satanic Priest" looks odd, because supposedly you are afraid of them, correct? Well, he seems to be posing for the camera in this picture, so you cant be too afraid to ask him to do so.. Is that a mask the guy's wearing? He doesnt look very menacing. The mask kind of ruins the effect. As well as the Captain Morgan's pose going on there...

As far as my knowledge reaches, devil worshippers and pagans wouldn't be in covens with one another, as your site states, seeing as both belief systems are very different. Would any Pagans like to clarify?

The Sigil of Baphomet you see spray painted everywhere is a generally Satanic symbol, but devil worshipers have assimilated it into their own practices. It is not a Pagan symbol, nor is it used by witches.

All I have to say, is that I think there is nothing there but vandal teenagers.. If you feel there is more serious illegal activity there, I suggest calling the police.

If you feel there may be spirits lurking about, I suggest looking for pictures of any strange orbs or anomolies you feel may be paranormal and showing them to this community on the proper board.

And, if this is not blantantly fake, I suggest going a little deeper into your research on this location and the "possible" going-ons within, and report them, with your site and to the authorities.

I dont think there are ghosts there I would have to agree with the vandal theory I have had a few experiences because my house is haunted but I have to agree that first picture looks creepy lol is it real?

#15 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

I dont think there are ghosts there I would have to agree with the vandal theory I have had a few experiences because my house is haunted but I have to agree that first picture looks creepy lol is it real?

Well, Briana, they are real in a few aspects:
1. They are really pictures
2. That is a really bad mask.
3. I would have to be real inebriated to believe in their authenticity.
4. I am real glad this is the only thread that has been posted on the subject.

So I guess, yes, they are real............sad! :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users