• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

I think its a little bit of both learned response AND natural instinct.

We're naturally apprehensive about things outside of our familiarity level...and it doesn't help that Hollywood has filled our imaginations with entities that are morbidly grotesque and who pop out when you least expect them, and kill you in unimaginable ways.

Fear of the unknown is a major stressor, and what is less known than what truly happens to us when we die? We may not like the answer we get, and that possibility scares the heck out of us. It may shake everything we've put faith into our whole lives.

Added to that, and "ghosts" seem to do a lot of "scary" things in what is seemingly a desperate attempt to get our attention.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#17 pacer

pacer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Im a big TAPS fan. Also love the show Jericho. I ride quads and love fast cars.

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:44 AM

I think its a little bit of both learned response AND natural instinct.

We're naturally apprehensive about things outside of our familiarity level...and it doesn't help that Hollywood has filled our imaginations with entities that are morbidly grotesque and who pop out when you least expect them, and kill you in unimaginable ways.

Fear of the unknown is a major stressor, and what is less known than what truly happens to us when we die? We may not like the answer we get, and that possibility scares the heck out of us. It may shake everything we've put faith into our whole lives.

Added to that, and "ghosts" seem to do a lot of "scary" things in what is seemingly a desperate attempt to get our attention.

I totally agree. Its certainly natural to fear what you dont understand.
Posted ImageRIVERBEND PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION SOCIETYhttp://www.myspace.com/rpis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users