My grandmother

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

:) you're 'preaching to the choir' here, Mark. I take those smells as a confirmation that while the bodies are temporary, the soul is indeed eternal and said smells never fail to comfort me. I was raised in a family where psychic abilities were the rule as opposed to the exception, my father was one of the most powerful mediums, other than MH, that I have ever known, I have been having encounters with spirits since earliest memory.........I guess after 1/2 a century of being around this stuff, the noncorporeals make go :) :P far less than they do someone else ;)

#17 kithrox

kithrox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Aside from the obvious, I love my dogs, shopping, fashion, drawing watching movies and TV, music, concerts, sand volleyball, playing board games and guitar hero<br /><br />I've been into the paranormal since I was about 5. Since then I have been reading and watching anything regarding the paranormal, especially ghosts.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

They say that smell is the strongest sense tied to memory. I personally haven't smelled a spirit, but like everyone, I've had those times when I get a whiff of some old perfume I wore and immediately remember the summer I wore that and what I was doing then....etc. So I wouldn't be surprised if a spirit let themselves be known through their perfume or cologne rather than full on apparition. :)
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?Just because you're paranoidDon't mean they're not after you!

#18 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

I apologize that this is so long and I doubt that hardly anyone will actually read this whole thing, but I am just so glad to read these other experiences. I am so glad to not feel alone, crazy, and like a freak that has to alter her state of consciousness to appear "normal". My whole life has been changed forever and I feel blessed, grateful, and finally at peace with my "gifts".
Please have patience with this butterfly that is just now escaping her cocoon,
IQ(uestion everything)

IQ, Welcome to the Village! You wil come to find, the more often you visit, that there are a multitude of individuals experiecing some of the same things you at this site! We don't judge or scrutinize; we gather and visit here because to us the "paranormal" is a "normal" aspect of our lives, whether we be one's who experience it or believe in it, or both! And here, you never flutter alone, there are plenty of crazy butterflies all over this site! Indeed, I would flap my wings, but the arms to my jacket buckle behind me! :explode: LOL! Welcome IQ, and keep posting, this makes the site stronger!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#19 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

:not able to resist this: :explode: :Spaz: Rayz said n....norrr......normm.........THAT word! <swooning in fine Southern lady tradition> :Spaz: That's another totally cool thing about the folks on this site, Questions....we laugh together, we cry together, Lord help us, sometimes we fight like siblings but no matter what, GVrs are flat THERE for each other! This is sooo much more than just a message board :Spaz:

#20 IQuestioneverything

IQuestioneverything

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

WOW! I just wanted to say thank you all for the support and warm welcome.
I think I am going to like it here...maybe I'll get a small plant for that corner over there, near my desk. LMFAO!
Truly though, you guys are great,
IQ

#21 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

Welcome IQuestioneverything! GV is an awesome place and I loved reading of your experiences. I tend to be rather long winded myself. People will definitely read every single solitary word you write, just as I did. We all have this in common and it's so reassuring (for me anyway) to know that I am not alone, crazy, weird, etc. I joined only in May 07, and feel I've found a new family.

I was especially fascinated by what you said about using pain killers and alcohol. I wonder how many of "us" self medicate because we are made to think there's something wrong because of our abilities. As a teen I was heavily into smoking you-know-what, and drinking alcohol by the age of 14. Kids always thought I was weird because in those days I didn't know enough to keep my mouth shut about the things I "knew," so they made fun of me. Luckily I grew out of the drinking and smoking, but in later years turned to pills; off those now too. Even today, rarely I share bits of experiences with people at work, they politely say "wow, that's amazing, wow." But I regret it immediately because I feel they probably think I'm either making it up or imagining it. So, like you, I am so THANKFUL to have found GV, because here I am NORMAL!!!!! So again, welcome to GV, it's a great place to be.

I love all these grandparent stories. I've had less than 5 experiences with grandparents, so it's comforting to hear of your visitations. All but one of mine died before my daughter was born, and I know my maternal grandma would have adored her.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#22 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

OMG Frither, I said the nnnnnorm....word too! What's happening to me??????????

Kira :headbang:

#23 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

There, there darling ~ Mother Frither is here :hug: My magic cure is a nice, long, hot bath, complete with a plateful of chocolate within easy reach and a nice, long nap until the feeling passes.........but then, that's my magic cure for dang near everything but hey ~ if it works, it works ;) Just remember my dear, we are NOT n...nor.....normmmm.............THOSE people and anyone tries to convince you that you are, just send 'em my way (and if that doesn't put the fear in 'em then they certainly deserve what they get :hunter: :ghost: :whip: :wow: :headbang: The uninitiated just THINK that that plump, sweet, little grandmotherly persona is all there is to me.......and if they're still skeptical.......let 'em ask Mystic Hippy <weg>)

#24 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:52 AM

Gosh Frither the over use of emoticons is blinding me. lol

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

sorry little sister :(

#26 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

sorry little sister :(

#27 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

Its ok Frither, *Gives Frither a hug* Your definately not a typical ordinary grandmotherly person! Far from it

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:12 PM

I'd say I'm the empitome of "don't judge a book by it's cover" but MH takes that prize :) I especially like the reactions of some folks when they see him in his full preacher-man mode, complete with Roman collar ;)

Edited by frither, 17 June 2007 - 12:15 PM.

#29 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:36 PM

Thank you Mother Frither, I have snapped out of it. Whew, that was close.

Kira :weeee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users