• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 haunted_theatre

haunted_theatre

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

Hey,
Im new to ghost village but I thought I would give it a try.My name is Jeremy and im 16.I work at an old theatre.Ive worked there for three years and its kind of scary.One day i decided to explore the old building (which was built in like 1901) and i went down this old hallway and then you turn the corner and theres this staircase,well it goes down to an old door and I wondered for a while what the door was to.So I asked the managing director and she said it went to an old nursery back in the 1930's.She also told me that before it was a room they used to make coffins for the small town.Well once I had learned that I didnt go around the staircase much after that until one day i was carrying some scripts to a room past the staircase,well sure enough a script slides off the top of the box(it was overflowing with scripts)and falls on the first landing of the staircase.Well I set the box down and go after it.When i got to the landing I bent down and picked it up and then heard a knock like someone knocking and then i heard like a little kid laugh,(it sounds weird but its true)it freaked me out so I was out of there.I didnt go to the staircase much after that,but I still wondered what the knocking sound was so I decided to check out the library's news paper collection.There was an article in an old paper about a little boy who had died in 1928 after his ball bounced down the stairs and he went to get it,only to fall.They shut down the nursery shortly after.His name was Isaac.
So I still wonder if the knocking I heard was the ball bouncing or if the laugh I heard was Isaac's.

Tell me what you think
Thanks, Jeremy

#2 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

Welcome to Ghost Village Jeremy. That old theatre sounds like a neat place to work in. Don't be afraid, as is sounds like something that is not going to harm you. That was interesting what you found out about Isaac. It could possibly be his spirit running around, laughing and playing ball. If you get some spare time, you should go back to that spot and investigate a little more. It would be great to take some photos of that area and see if anything unusual comes out in them.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#3 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:14 PM

Welcome aboard, Jeremy! We're glad you've joined us. Thanks for sharing your story! I'm going to move your post over to the Personal Encounters Board, so that it will get more exposure.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#4 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hi Jeremy, :wave:
Interesting story! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

I like GhostCat's suggestion of possibly going back and taking pictures. Perhaps, if you are comfortable with it, you might also bring along a tape recorder, a ball, and a friend (for moral suppot...LOL). :Spaz:
Hang out for 20 or 30 minutes if you can and see if anything turns up either on tape or in a picture... :Spaz:

~Bellarose

Edited by BellaRose, 14 May 2007 - 09:46 PM.

#5 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:16 AM

Good story, and welcome :)

#6 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,374 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:52 AM

Welcome to GV. That was a very interesting story. Has anything else happened to pther people that work with you?
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:43 AM

~Welcome to Ghost Village, Jeremy!! In my town here in Indiana, our local movie theater (our only theater) is haunted by a spirit of a little boy as well. If anything else, he's a playful sort. So if I were you, I wouldn't be too spooked as he'll probably look to you as a play-mate & it might be something you enjoy. Keep us posted on everything you encounter...and I liked the idea that you did history of the theater.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hi Jeremy
Welcome to GV, I really like you story, yes its posible that you had an encounter with Isaac, I don't think he would harm you in any way, and I agree with the sugestion of going back and see if you can catch something on film... but is up to you, there is no reason to be afraid.

Enjoy your stay

Flor
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#9 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

Welcome to the Village! As you can see, we are a community of peole gathered to discuss and advise in situations much like what you are facing. A digital camera, a tape recorder and a ball (excellent suggestion BTW!) and you might come up with some interesting results! I know it is easier said than done, but when dealing with this phenomenom, don't be afraid! Your not trying to disrupt Issac's environment, just observe! I have had similiar experiences in a theater in my town. Built in the mid 20's, it has numerous spirits and strange happenings, most of them benign in nature. If you do decide to investigate, post back to us and someone will help you with getting the data you collect onto this site! Good Luck, Villager! :P
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#10 haunted_theatre

haunted_theatre

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

Hey,
Thanks for posting everyone,and thinks for the good ideas.Ill do that.Ive had a few other weird things happen to me at the theatre and a few other people have told me their stories.If you guys are interested ide be more than happy to share.Thanks for the welcome.

Jeremy.

#11 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:26 PM

Yes, please do---as you can see we love and appreciate all experiences. Welcome. I'm new too and love this site. The people here are the nicest, kindest, most accepting individuals I've ever encountered.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#12 bunygirl

bunygirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

Hi jeremy

Im fairly new here too and think your story was brill. Please continue with any happenings or encounters. You got me curious now........... Sounds to me like Issac was letting you know hes still playing in that stairwell though its kinda sad that one so young is forever stuck there huh??

Buny x
:P
Posted Image

#13 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:00 AM

I spoke with a fellow Villager who lives close to Gutherie. He has a contact that may have more information about the Pollard. As it becomes available to me, I will post back to you!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#14 blackraven

blackraven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hmm lets see. I love reading and studying on the paranormal. As far as everyday life I love fishing, I do alot of reading. And I enjoy taking care of my two dogs.

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:27 AM

Just wanted to say welcome to gv haunted_theatre. Loved the story and good for you for researching and finding out about Issac. I would love to hear more storys and if you decided to take pics and record anything.

BlackRaven

#15 hellpaso

hellpaso

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:paranormal experience/research for over 30 (ouch!) years

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:41 PM

welcome!!! i can't wait to hear more!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users