#16 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

Hi again

Its interesting especially with theatres. Here in London we have many old ones, that most are haunted.

I think spirits dwell there because the majority of them probably performed there, and thats where they most happy.

:)

#17 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

Hey,
Im new to ghost village but I thought I would give it a try.My name is Jeremy and im 16.I work at an old theatre.Ive worked there for three years and its kind of scary.One day i decided to explore the old building (which was built in like 1901) and i went down this old hallway and then you turn the corner and theres this staircase,well it goes down to an old door and I wondered for a while what the door was to.So I asked the managing director and she said it went to an old nursery back in the 1930's.She also told me that before it was a room they used to make coffins for the small town.Well once I had learned that I didnt go around the staircase much after that until one day i was carrying some scripts to a room past the staircase,well sure enough a script slides off the top of the box(it was overflowing with scripts)and falls on the first landing of the staircase.Well I set the box down and go after it.When i got to the landing I bent down and picked it up and then heard a knock like someone knocking and then i heard like a little kid laugh,(it sounds weird but its true)it freaked me out so I was out of there.I didnt go to the staircase much after that,but I still wondered what the knocking sound was so I decided to check out the library's news paper collection.There was an article in an old paper about a little boy who had died in 1928 after his ball bounced down the stairs and he went to get it,only to fall.They shut down the nursery shortly after.His name was Isaac.
So I still wonder if the knocking I heard was the ball bouncing or if the laugh I heard was Isaac's.

Tell me what you think
Thanks, Jeremy

Hi, Jeremy... could also be emotional energy residue just replaying itself out, also.
SpiritDoc

#18 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

Welcome to GV, Jeremy! Im very interested in theatrical endeavors and love working both onstage and off, so haunted theatres are the perfect marriage of my interests :hug: I think the building at my college with our stage in it is haunted as well - Ive had encounters when I was there very late, and there are theater superstitions, such as leaving a "ghost light" onstage even when the building is unoccupied. Do you guys do such things?
I look forward to hearing more about your experiences!
-Nicole
Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

#19 Malenkia

Malenkia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:25 AM

Hi Jeremy!

I don't think I've ever worked in a theater that doesn't have a resident ghostly

Every local theater here in St. Cloud, MN has stories that get passed around. One of the theaters even used to be a funeral home, our main dressing room used to be the embalming room *L* The Performing Arts Center at SCSU has lots of "friends" roaming around. I worked in the costume shop there this past year and I got so used to things happening that I hardly noticed anymore unless someone else mentioned it. Don't be afraid of theater ghosts, ever. There's belief among theater people that they're there to help us, watch over us and keep the bad luck away from the shows.
Trust that everything is as it should be...

#20 mack

mack

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

Hey,
Im new to ghost village but I thought I would give it a try.My name is Jeremy and im 16.I work at an old theatre.Ive worked there for three years and its kind of scary.One day i decided to explore the old building (which was built in like 1901) and i went down this old hallway and then you turn the corner and theres this staircase,well it goes down to an old door and I wondered for a while what the door was to.So I asked the managing director and she said it went to an old nursery back in the 1930's.She also told me that before it was a room they used to make coffins for the small town.Well once I had learned that I didnt go around the staircase much after that until one day i was carrying some scripts to a room past the staircase,well sure enough a script slides off the top of the box(it was overflowing with scripts)and falls on the first landing of the staircase.Well I set the box down and go after it.When i got to the landing I bent down and picked it up and then heard a knock like someone knocking and then i heard like a little kid laugh,(it sounds weird but its true)it freaked me out so I was out of there.I didnt go to the staircase much after that,but I still wondered what the knocking sound was so I decided to check out the library's news paper collection.There was an article in an old paper about a little boy who had died in 1928 after his ball bounced down the stairs and he went to get it,only to fall.They shut down the nursery shortly after.His name was Isaac.
So I still wonder if the knocking I heard was the ball bouncing or if the laugh I heard was Isaac's.

Tell me what you think
Thanks, Jeremy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users