I am is ...胆小鬼 ...RED SHOES

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

Wow,
What's with all of the squares guys...Color me DENSE!!!

I think I understood you Joy...
And let me tell you your ENGLISH is FAR BETTER than my Mandarin or Cantonese!!!!

Welcome to GhostVillage!!!!! :ghost:
Shay-Shay (sp?)...(means Thank you!)
~Bellarose

I think we're turning JAPONESE here...

FYI (For Your Information) JOY and Everyone:

Computer translation is not the most accurate because it doesn't take context and grammatical nuances into account... nor does it take syntactical structure or colloquialism into account. It can't decipher like a human translator...

But it's better than nothing in this case!
Domo Arigato :D
"Spirit Doctor"
SpiritDoc

#17 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

Wow,

I think I understood you Joy...
And let me tell you your ENGLISH is FAR BETTER than my Mandarin or Cantonese!!!!

Welcome to GhostVillage!!!!! :ghost:
Shay-Shay (sp?)...(means Thank you!)
~Bellarose

I think we're turning JAPONESE here...

FYI (For Your Information) JOY and Everyone:

Computer translation is not the most accurate because it doesn't take context and grammatical nuances into account... nor does it take syntactical structure or colloquialism into account. It can't decipher like a human translator...

But it's better than nothing in this case!
Domo Arigato :D
"Spirit Doctor"

OOOPS, SORRY.... CHINESE!!!
CHINESE!

SO SORRY, JOY!
GOT MY WRITING CHARACTERS WRONG!
SpiritDoc

#18 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:03 AM

Wow,

Bella, don't know either! I tried to translate from english to chinese, and on my PC at work, the characters are still there, but only blocks at my house last night! Weird! Also, NeoMoonies comments are showing up here at work, but squares at the house! Ain't technology grand!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#19 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:07 AM

Wow,

Bella, don't know either! I tried to translate from english to chinese, and on my PC at work, the characters are still there, but only blocks at my house last night! Weird! Also, NeoMoonies comments are showing up here at work, but squares at the house! Ain't technology grand!

I don't see squares, I see characters that look like chinese, but I thought that they write from top to bottom?...

Joy... sorry for all the comotion :) :Spaz: I guess this means that you are very, very welcome. :)

:hug:
Flormarina
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#20 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:10 AM

That is the problem with Windows, since I am on a universal operating system called Linux (Kubuntu version), anything works for me - go global - go Linux!
Posted Image

#21 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:24 AM

I think I have lost the thread here :)

#22 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:27 AM

Too true Flormina, completly forgot about the character placement! Just trying to be a good will ambassador for our newest Villager! Moonie, global is good! I agree! Go Linux!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#23 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

Moonie has shares in Linux, Im convinced :)

#24 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:16 PM

For those who only see boxes (or question marks), that is a sign that you haven't installed a font with those characters. I see the characters fine using the Firefox browser on Windows XP.

Joy,

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Most of us will understand the basic meaning of the translated pages. Having learned Portuguese I recognize some of the basic mistranslations. I'm sure other bilingual Villagers, and members who don't speak English as their first language, also understand.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users