I am looking to join ghost hunters

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Ghost_Tracer

Ghost_Tracer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Location:x1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1x1|Albany|USA|usa|

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:29 PM

Alas, I see that you have discovered the paranormal "Catch-22." The only visible groups in your area function as  private clubs not open to new members, especially not members who do not already have lots of expensive equipment and a couple haunted mansions for them to explore.

Despite comments like this pissing them off and endangering everyone's chances to get into the field with true investigators, there are legit groups out there that regularly allow observers to join them on non-private client investigations. In most cases, these groups have already been to any worhtwhile mansion and have all the equipment they'll ever need plus a few extras you've never heard of. They hardly in need of your $24.99 Cel-Censor!

Granted, the insinuation made by Selemat is obviously one made out of ignorance, but this makes it no less insulting. >:)

GT

#17 Selemat

Selemat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 10:34 PM

GT, something that I wrote must have really angered you.  I cannot imagine how my post could have provoked you to submit your ungrammatical vitriolic ad hominem.  I honestly do not know what point you were trying to make when you asserted :  They hardly in need of your $24.99 Cel-Censor.  Perhaps a Cel-Censor is one of those, as you suggest, extras I've never heard of.  I remind you that in your diatribe you refer to my eloquently expressed comments as ignorant and insulting.     :)

What "insinuation" did I make?  I will somewhat modify my original statement.  Perhaps Knockingtime2003 can find a group with open membership.  I suspect, however, that had Knockingtime2003 been successful in locating a team of investigators, Knockingtime2003 would not have started this thread.  In 2001 when I was looking for a group to allow me to tag along on investigations, I found several web sites of groups in my area.  Every single web site offered the group's assistance in investigating haunted locations, but only two solicited new members.  One group regularly holds meetings, but, as far as I could tell from the members I met, the group had not conducted an investigation in over a year.  The other group never replied to my E-mail.  Even though most of the web sites did not actively solicit members, I contacted each group about joining. I was informed that the group is not accepting new investigators, if I received the courtesy of a reply at all.

Unable to find anyone to teach me, I continued reading books about paranormal investigations.  In my "ignorant" opinion, learning about paranormal investigations from books is a bit like reading a book to learn how to drive.  There is no substitute for hands-on experience.  Of course, finding a driving instructor is easy.  Finding a paranormal investigator willing to serve as a mentor is, as I suspect Knockingtime2003 discovered prior to starting this thread, considerably more difficult.  In time I began to find local people on the internet who share my interest, and we formed a team.  I hope, GT, that you had an easier time finding a group.  I notice, however, that your post does not offer any suggestions for finding a group other than perhaps not joining forces with ignorant and insulting Selemat.    :'(

I truly regret if I have been "endangering everyone's chances to get into the field."  I do hope I haven't created a shortage of ghost hunters.

#18 Ghost_Tracer

Ghost_Tracer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Location:x1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1x1|Albany|USA|usa|

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:09 PM

Predictably, you missed the point entirely, so here's a version more applicable to your limited comprehension...

You accused groups of having ulterior motives for bringing in new members. Some do,  most don't and certainly not the reputable ones. Your Catch-22 comment was uncalled for and ignorant of the facts. Don't categorize, it pisses people off. Read this three times and go on...

A Cel-Sensor is the brand/Trademark name of an ELF/GAUSS meter that has been in popular use with paranormal study now for about eleven years. It was originally designed for the cellular industry for quickly detecting cellular frequencies (don't bother looking it up; I'm referring to Cel Phone frequencies...or more to your speed Cell Phones) and their towers' resulting energy fields.  It was then discovered that with the addition of a hand-held mercury driven probe, it made available a dependable and affordable tool for those serious groups involved in various fields of research that cannot afford the huge price tags of Trifield Natural EM meters and other top-shelf instrumentation.

I was wrong on one point however, Selemat. In a way you've helped other people's chances of recruitment immensely by showing others by example what to look out for in themselves and why you're on the outside looking in.  

With this I lay down my arms and wave the white flag in the interest of better conversation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users