12 replies to this topic

#1 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

Hi Not sure if this is the right place on the board to put this if not Maybe a mod can help.
I have a question for all of you. Yesterday my 6 yr old foster son and I were in the car on the way to the famous Wal-mart, and he asked me a question out of the blue (we were actually singing songs from the high school musical cd) and he asked me during a song:

Do we live in other lives!

I did not know how to answer him.. Again he is ONLY 6!
I did ask him:

Do you mean die and come back to life?

He said YES!

I told him how some belive yes like I do, and others say no like my friend Grace. He said ok and began to sing again. My question is I dont know if I gave him the right answer and where would a 6 yr old come up with this? I mean I know children are more prone to the paranormal then adults but this question was so "Advanced" for a 6 yr old.
Any suggestions or help would be great!

Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#2 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:42 AM

I forgot to also mention this is the same child that never been to school in his life and he came to me a year ago and now can even read small chapter books, he picks up any typs of education very Fast and talks like an old soul... He is very smart like once my son was fliping him in the air and he said " watch out for my kidneys" !

#3 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:51 AM

Very interesting child, and I think you answered him appropriately. Have you asked if he has memories from another life before this one?

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#4 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

That is so cute... :hug:
At that age, they have very vivid memories, and I think you should just listen and try the best you can to explain you child without confusing him. When he grows older he will choose what to believe or not...
Reminds me of my children the youngest ones... they always said things that were lived in a past life, at that time I didn't believe in re-encarnation, but when this happen got me to thinking and reseaching more about the subject... and I am a firm believer now and so are they... but they don't want to talk about any more.

Hugsss and love

Flormarina
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#5 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

I truly believe that children are more in tune with things than we are. I have no doubt that he already really knew the answer to his question before he asked you...but was just gauging to see how you reacted to the idea.

I have a bit of a reputation where I work for being knowledgeable about many different religions and such, and if anyone has a question of a spiritual nature, they usually ask me. One day about 2 years ago, one of the pharmacists asked me if I believed in reincarnation. I said yes. He then proceeded to tell me about how his son, who was about 4 at the time, had come to him and his wife and told them that they were not his first mommy and daddy and how he had another set of parents before, and how they lived far away and he didn't look like he does now and that his first parents were dead now. The pharmacist was slightly freaked by it all, and I explained to him that since kids are more open to these concepts than we are because they have had less time for society to stomp out their memories of such things.

Anyway, I would not be surprised if your foster son comes to you now with very vivid past life memories he wishes to share. Don't let anyone stomp these out of him

Raven
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:14 AM

Don't let anyone stomp these out of him

Raven

I couldn't agree more.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#7 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for the replies. He is a special child too.. He was born exposed to heroin at birth (*mom did it when she was pregnant) so they usually say these children are slow but he is not. He also has other deep issues that I really cant post about here but well the children that have this happen also usually regress, he exiles.. I will keep my mind open to him and let him know if he ever needs to tell me anything Ill listen. Ill keep you all posted on if he says anymore.

#8 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

Please do, he sounds like a fascinating little fellow...

#9 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth! fascinating indeed!
Posted Image

#10 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

Cathy,

Check out information on Indigo Children and Crystal Children... they are very special and advanced souls who have come in recently in droves to help move us along in consciousness. They have very special personalities and very often are dealing with difficult life and sometimes emotional/psychological things...

They very often talk about past lives non-chalantly, too... as do many other children, "Indigo and Crystal" or not... that's very common all around.

I'll try to post sometime about the topic... he's a KEEPER though!

SD
SpiritDoc

#11 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:57 AM

Cathy,

Check out information on Indigo Children and Crystal Children... they are very special and advanced souls who have come in recently in droves to help move us along in consciousness. They have very special personalities and very often are dealing with difficult life and sometimes emotional/psychological things...

They very often talk about past lives non-chalantly, too... as do many other children, "Indigo and Crystal" or not... that's very common all around.

SD

All I can say is WOW thanks you for this information.. There is one part that says Some feel that they are autistic, When he came to us we had him tested for this!!!!!(when he came to us he would not talk at first and just sit there rocking and becoming very upset at times)
then there is a part in there that states: "The Crystal Children have opalescent auras, with beautiful multi-colours in pastel hues. This generation also shows a fascination for crystals and rocks......"

I have rocks and crystals I keep in a sack next to my bed , he came in my room one night to watch a movie with us, he took the rocks out and LOVED the tiger eye one. He wanted to keep it but I told him how it was in a set I have and that if he really wanted one next time we go to the store Ill get him one. He was very excited.
I will read more on this topic but THANK you for the information. Ill keep you all posted

#12 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:34 AM

Cathy,

SD

All I can say is WOW thanks you for this information.. There is one part that says Some feel that they are autistic, When he came to us we had him tested for this!!!!!(when he came to us he would not talk at first and just sit there rocking and becoming very upset at times)
then there is a part in there that states: "The Crystal Children have opalescent auras, with beautiful multi-colours in pastel hues. This generation also shows a fascination for crystals and rocks......"

I have rocks and crystals I keep in a sack next to my bed , he came in my room one night to watch a movie with us, he took the rocks out and LOVED the tiger eye one. He wanted to keep it but I told him how it was in a set I have and that if he really wanted one next time we go to the store Ill get him one. He was very excited.
I will read more on this topic but THANK you for the information. Ill keep you all posted

Cathy,

I felt compelled to post the info today... coincidententally (yeah right) before viewing your post!
Check out my blog for detailed info on Indigos and Crystals and stay tuned for more...

"SpiritDoc's Blog"
SpiritDoc

#13 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:48 AM

Cathy - of course you gave him the right answer, it was the truth as you know it and from your heart! He sounds like a special little guy, and he is at the age to ask a lot of wordly questions.

You did great IMO!
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users