Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

The Crying Boy

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

One of my favourite Urban Legends...

The Story and Curse of the Crying Boy Painting.

Posted Image

The legend around this painting is as grim as it gets. The stories began around 1985, when several mysterious fires occurred all around England. When the debris was sifted through the only item that remained un-charred was a painting of a little boy with a tear rolling his cheek in every fire. Could this all be coincidence?

Whether real or not a Yorkshire fireman was so upset that he talked with the “Sun” newspaper in England. They ran his story about how everything in the home was consumed by fire except for a painting of a crying boy. There were at that time more than one of these paintings around and each seemed to have the same effect. The home and all contents would be totally destroyed but the painting of the little crying boy would not show any sign at all of going through a fire. The newspaper began receiving telephone calls from people all over the area that had similar stories to tell about the crying boy painting. One person that called the “Sun” was Dora Mann of Mitcham and she has been quoted as saying "Only six months after I had bought the picture, my house was completely gutted by fire. All my paintings were destroyed, except the one of the crying boy." After one month of hearing all the tales, the “Sun” gave their readers the chance to bring their crying boy paintings and agreed to have a very large bon fire to rid everyone of this cursed or jinxed painting. All paintings that were brought to the newspaper were in fact burned and everyone rejoiced.

However, the story goes on. There have been reports of the crying boy painting being found in charred homes untouched since 1985 and as recent as 1988.

No one knows for sure who the artists might be and where he got the idea to paint a portrait of a crying boy, the rumors are many and the tale is still around. The fact is beware if you find a beautiful painting of a sad, little crying boy.

Article Here

Another Article

You Guessed It...Another Article

Here are other versions of crying boy/girl art

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one wins the prize for the creepiest, its a painting by artist Laura Kikauka, The boys' eyes are LEDs and can be lit. The tears are made out of hot glue.

Edited by Willow, 30 May 2007 - 12:48 PM.

Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#2 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:51 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm neat article. Never heard of this one before. It makes these pcitures creepy especially the last one. If I ever see one I will be sure not to buy it!

#3 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

That last painting really creaped me out also.

I'll remember about the paintings. I wont be buying any crying children any time soon. LOl

Blessings
Posted Image

#4 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:38 AM

Hehehe...Crying Boy is creepy in its own right...

But there is NO "haunted" painting creepier than "Hands Resist Him."
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#5 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

Man, this post just inspired me for a birthday gift idea for my mother-in-law!! Especially the last one!WHAT???!!! He's cute!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#6 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:17 AM

I like that story alot.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 Regn

Regn

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

heh my grandparents has a copy of that first pic lol

#8 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

what compells a person to paint something like that.

I cant even look at the last one... creepy or what.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

I agree entirely :)

Man, this post just inspired me for a birthday gift idea for my mother-in-law!! Especially the last one!WHAT???!!! He's cute!

*snickers* Thats just wrong...hmmm, but my not so nice neighbour's birthday is around the corner *ponders*

heh my grandparents has a copy of that first pic lol

They should count themselves lucky if they werent cursed with fires of anykind :wow:

Believe it or not there's actually a fan club devoted to the crying boy urban legend/paintings though it doesnt seem to be working atm.

I'm partial to the first one, its beautiful yet completely menacing

#10 aprilmoonflower

aprilmoonflower

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

creepy pictures! :D

#11 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

Except maybe a bad likeness of Elvis on black velvet!!! :D :P
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#12 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

Updated article on TCB

National Frenzy Over "Crying Boy" Cursed Paintings

Cursed or not, seems popular to seek out and own one of these paintings/prints.

#13 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

Hmmmm....

I think the key words in this story are "The Sun."

Nice story & creepy pictures, though. :)

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#14 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

lol...yeah, not the most notable in the world of literary excellence, huh.

I would still own one...well, the first one, the others are just a tad creepy and wouldnt go with anything in my living room.

#15 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

I'd never heard of this curse, but cursed or not its just...creepy...like clown creepy-shudders-
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users